• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Player -0

Smash Hero
omg. Was working on something for Father's day when I saved and closed it. Just re-opened it to check on it and it didn't save. This is bsssssss

Ekrngknrgkfdnborejngietngjdnhn

Helsong

Smash Ace
1. I find it useful as Lucario's PM Down.-B, USELESS.
2. Already tested it, but that's slower and weaker than his old Warlock Punch.
Maybe later i'll try restoring his warlock punch, because, everyone, frenchulbystupidmagic useless cape attack.
uh, Lucario's DownB is actually super useful. If he has charge, he can cancel it into an attack, giving him a nice approach option.
As for Ganon cape..cape isn't super useful, but it gives Ganon a jab reset. Float is super useful. Test how you can interrupt it, jump out of it, aerial, etc. Use it for edgeguarding. Use it as a stutter-step to mix up your rhythm when you chase aerially. That sort of thing.

Sword is slower than WP, but outright stronger in every way. More KB, more % damage, more morale demolishing.

Unless you're just trolling, in which case whatevs.

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
your wrong
i'm falcon facepalming right now, IT BURNS!!!
no ganons new neutral b gives ganon a host of things that warlock punch didn't give him such as the ability to jab reset and an actual way to avoid projectiles (not throght the reflect but just floating over them) it also helps his offstage game, makes his recovery less predictable, and gives him more movement options (wave-bounce and b reverse).

edit:y am i such a slow typer

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
For real, it's insane that people would prefer WP over float. I feel like float's usefulness is only really limited by how slow you move during it and the interruptible frames not being super-early. I think that one change raised Ganon's skill ceiling by a significant amount.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I would rather have a type of deal where tapping nB gave warlock, while holding gave float

That or letting me sword taunt in the ****ing air because i'm ganon dammit, I want to ****ing swag

CORY

wut
BRoomer
1. I find it useful as Lucario's PM Down.-B, USELESS.
2. Already tested it, but that's slower and weaker than his old Warlock Punch.
Maybe later i'll try restoring his warlock punch, because, everyone, frenchulbystupidmagic useless cape attack.
1. you're dumb.
2. you're dumb and wrong (except the slower part). it's stronger than warlock punch, is disjointed, and has a really large swing on it. and super armor. (it is supposed to have medium armor, but even that's silly, imo : p it's a max disrespect move, it doesn't need armor, just swag.)

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
After going back to him, omg Charizard feels like an organic Falcon with wings and more fire

I can combo a character all day, even a poor CPU, and somehow it feels completely fair rather than silly like with Falcon and I don't know why

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
1. you're dumb.
2. you're dumb and wrong (except the slower part). it's stronger than warlock punch, is disjointed, and has a really large swing on it. and super armor. (it is supposed to have medium armor, but even that's silly, imo : p it's a max disrespect move, it doesn't need armor, just swag.)
He is dumb, he is wrong
This Black Yoshi has a funny face
Yes i'm wrong, now, somebody wanna smash with me?

MLGF

Smash Lord
So... announcement for announcement hype?
I'm not even going to bother waiting for it on my petty EC time. I'll wake up at Hawaiian time as always.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Gotta do online summer school for 10th grade stuff I need to make up. Woo I guess.

Also this is definitely not me slacking off.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
is anyone else having problems with paypal? piece of ****ing trash website keeps making me make a new password ****s pissing me off

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Guys it's been 2 hours and I've just been staring at my summer school work. How do people concentrate? I don't understand, this is exactly why I failed this in 10th grade ****.

D

Deleted member

afaik, I'm the one who just removed all the **** posts. I don't think tinker did anything

the **** posters killed my family

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
So Anther's Dolphin netplay smashladder is down. Who wants to do some dolphin netplay? ideally central/south/southwest, tho I'll take east or west as well if there are no other takers. I'm in Louisiana so I can sometimes get decent connections with the coasts.

also @Anther in case you didn't notice... your site is down

drakargx

Smash Journeyman

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Are they going to nerf CCing? I hope they do, it's really stupid how good it is.
It's not that different from melee CCing. I just tested this in the lab; in melee Falco can ASDI sheik's dash attack into the ground and tech until 50%, in PM he can do it until 52%. In melee, he can ASDI her ftilt down into the ground until 69%, in PM he can do it until 72%. It's really not a big difference, and if you're use to melee CC, PM's CC shouldn't feel weird at all, unless you're too unfamiliar with the characters/matchups enough to know when they are capable of doing this against what moves with what weights, and when crouch opens up as an option on a moves IASA due to you not knowing when their moves end, making CCing more extreme in the same way crouching does in melee.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Found out my co-worker plays PM

found out he and his friends didn't like the new version so they stayed with 3.02..

SpiderMad

Smash Master
****in' bodied, mad

maybe they'll switch over when 3.6 comes
I went off on him with how ******** staying with the old version was so he'll hopefully make the switch. His other reason was his custom BRSTMS/Music weren't transferring or something. I can definitely see where new casual material in versions matters when they can just get attracted to broken characters lol, "Link's boomerang wasn't working as good".

Also tell me if you want to be in a podcast someday soon. I don't think I got your Skype. I'm still waitin on Bamesy to go on Skype for once in the past week.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
a podcast for what? I'm not usually chatty but I can go on for a long time about smash, it just depends if we're talking about the right thing

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
A kind person linked me to some leaked video. Judging from the comments, SOJ is not happy about it o.o

I dont personally care for the new announcer, but it may be temporary or something. Besides, its by no means "bad", people are just being really rude and are over-exaggerating about it. :c

SpiderMad

Smash Master
a podcast for what? I'm not usually chatty but I can go on for a long time about smash, it just depends if we're talking about the right thing
Lots of stuff. For Bamesey I got a lot of crazy topics along with whatever he's got in mind. But you'd enjoy the topic of briefing over the various PM vs Brawl changes starting from the various old blogposts now on the website (which everyone new doesn't know about, some guy even thought PM still had Brawl's stale moves in a Skype chat) http://projectmgame.com/en/news/project-m-blog-post-2 [ http://projectmgame.com/en/news/archive ] (talking about how landing detection sucks from Brawl/Smash 4, how stale moves from Brawl/Smash 4 sucks, how the larger DI in Brawl limits combos, ledge grab reach, etc.). If you got an interesting topic too I mean go off on it (do you got anything currently?). I'm still brainstorming topics and how to go about things.

I've spent my videos talking about Brawl stuff that's still in PM (PM vs Melee), I haven't touched on the more expansive side of Brawl vs PM/Melee in any non-post form (and my posts on any of that are real old now).

Having a Smashmods user(s) knowledgeable on the various versions since the beginning comes in handy (you and Soft), and especially older PMBR (Shadic I think made a couple of those blog posts). And any other techies (I got Chesstiger's/Odds' skype). I don't think I'll have much more than a few people for any topic though, but I mean everyone is cool people, so maybe that overrides my assertion that having too many people can make a podcast seem shabby/shallow.

CC discussion, Mashing discussion. Lots of topics out there, those start getting hard to cover adequately though when threads get all over the place

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
afaik, I'm the one who just removed all the **** posts. I don't think tinker did anything

the **** posters killed my family
Yeah you're a god. I woke up at like midnight est. Sorry about putting you on the spot like that, but thanks for stepping up to the plate.
@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er and @Lunchables must be having the time of their lives removing posts and banning nerds. I'm sorry, I just find this utterly fascinating. Like..watching a trainwreck when the train is filled with clowns and pink elephants.
Yeah I really went off on a couple people.

Top Bottom