• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can we just have a new Smash game or mod where all the characters are designed like Ryu?

I am legit interested in that now.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I laughed so hard playing with my friends today

Ryu is absolutely dumb
FADC in the air too, lmao

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I want to play ryu so badly lmao but I don't have a wiiu
I would start playing this game competitively just to play ryu (if I have time to play any character aside from pm luigi which I don't)

Can we just have a new Smash game or mod where all the characters are designed like Ryu?

I am legit interested in that now.
ok non-sarcastic response here

if there was a game where all the characters were designed like this with the aerial movement of smash (and maybe a little bit faster lmao) I would totally play it

capcom vs nintendo pls

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Ryu mirror matches are going to be fun to watch when people get good with him.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Ryu is actually really cool, too bad the rest of the game is so questionable sometimes

I love his dair setting up for smashes, and nair doing jab locks and hadoken shoving people off platforms that missed a tech, allowing for cool stuff. I bet he has cool footstool combos too. Haven't looked at any recourses yet but exploring things that I've seen work for other characters, Ryu has a lot of cool setups.

Air FADC is so jank lolll

sucks ex fireball only does 8%

Helsong

Smash Ace
I want to play ryu so badly lmao but I don't have a wiiu
I would start playing this game competitively just to play ryu (if I have time to play any character aside from pm luigi which I don't)

ok non-sarcastic response here

if there was a game where all the characters were designed like this with the aerial movement of smash (and maybe a little bit faster lmao) I would totally play it

capcom vs nintendo pls
For real, I'd love a game like that. I'm honestly surprised no one's done it yet, but maybe with the FGC and Smash not being 100% excluded from each other anymore will let some fighting game devs see the light. StreetPlatform Fighter Bros when?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
the platform fighter genre is severely under represented right now. i really want to see some good ip's come out that do their own take on it (like how rivals uses the basics of smash, then dropped ledge grabbing entirely and uses a parry system to make it an entirely different game, but you can still see its roots).

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
what the ****

in smash 4 if lucas hits a wall with his pkthunder2 he can do it again

who tf thought that was a good idea

apparently ness can do it too

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Announcing the release of Lucas and Mother 3 on the same day would have been amazing.

Or better yet, give us Mother 3 today and announce they have acquired Mother 4, since only the fans can properly pay tribute to Itoi's finished trilogy, to be released at the end of the summer.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
reggie just burned the hell out of hbox
lord

"So, I spend 16 hours a day running a company, you spend 16 hours a day playing smash"

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I thought "earthbound zero" was a fantastic name for the game already that, thanks to a generation that's created a culture based on emulation of older games, is already a known name, why change it?

unrelated, but since another balance patch came out for ssb4:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

sakurai complains about for-glory-type playstyles favoring weak combo-able hits, makes hits weaker. vry smrt

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Midnight can't get here fast enough. I really wanna try out Ryu in Smash 4 as he sounds dope (yea I got to go to Gamestop and get a poibts card for Eshop, wasn't able to get a pre-order on EO2U like I wanted since the game was more expensive then I thought it would be, I goth both EO4 and EOU for like 39.99 and they were brand new to, while EO2U is priced at 49.99. ****. I need like another 15 bucks or so to get a full pre-order on it)

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
/r/stardustcrusaders is great.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Was absolutely not expecting an EB0 localization. Mother 3 has to be happening at this point, but I'm really curious as to how EB0 will be received since it's kind of a ... really directionless game with a bigass map. And it kicks your ass.

That and I'm super spoiled by the 25th Anniversary romhack which both looks nicer and is a good deal less obtuse and has a less insane encounter rate.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I've been a Mother fan for a long time and I never really beat MOTHER 1, I hate playing NES JRPGs and that high encounter rate, hard af game is not something I really had time for.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man I just want FE6 in the states. Mother 3 with a official release over here would be amazing as well.

MLGF

Smash Lord
NES RPGs have aged like cancer.
I can't think of a single one even half way enjoyable in the modern age.

It's amazing how well SNES RPG's have aged considering what its predecessor gave us.

Top Bottom