• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Just go take austins money like I did
If I can't beat SA scrubs in tourbey what makes you think I can beat Austin scrubs in tourney? Lol.

Sell Yugioh cards man lol. And your avi man I wanna play FE7 and use Serra again. OR look at fanart while i wait for YT vids to finish uploading.
I already sold my Yugioh cards lol, didn't get much for them but that was due to me being lazy not wanting to deal with online stuff and shipping them out.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It just occurred to me that some of you guys have not seen this combo video that came out yesterday.

We're going to change that.

Same song as one that Bombsoldier's combo video had, pretty legit! Immediately thought of that and had to go back and check old DBR/other combo vids to find it lol

CORY

wut
BRoomer
It just occurred to me that some of you guys have not seen this combo video that came out yesterday.

We're going to change that.

that disturbd making me feel like it's the 90's again. but not in the fun way : /

i never really liked disturbd >.>

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I'm excited for Ryu so I can finally never need to play as Lucario ever again.

...so basically nothing will have changed.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Alright, I've noticed something within the smash community that's been bothering me since the stream gameplay leak that happened on twitch, and I want to know it isn't just me.

By a show of hands, how many of you guys have heard of the name Crediar before this stream?

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
yeah I'm still not totally sure bout the leak yet it's all a wee bit sketch buttt

ryu hype?

also playing luigi in pm is da best after playing melee for awhile holy **** **** zss I'm a weegee main for life
this is a reminder that Luigi is up there for "most slept on" in PM

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Alright, I've noticed something within the smash community that's been bothering me since the stream gameplay leak that happened on twitch, and I want to know it isn't just me.

By a show of hands, how many of you guys have heard of the name Crediar before this stream?
Missed all the fun, but from this post I'm assuming the name is not a coincidence?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
It's finally over. I graduated a couple of hours ago. I can rest till I start Fall in my new university that I'm transferring to. SDSU, here I come...in two or so months.
I'm transferring to UCSD in fall. It's kind of silly that a handful of the universities in SoCal have very similar names.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510

*raises hand*

Is this about people just believing some guy who came out of nowhere? If so I legitimately heard the name before, I think he made the thing I use to play GCN games on my Wii U.

Last edited:

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Oh lord the foam sword party is tomorrow. Basically today.
F*** it. Things can't possibly get any weirder, may as well cosplay while I'm at it. Brb jank falcon cosplay incoming.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Oh lord the foam sword party is tomorrow. Basically today.
F*** it. Things can't possibly get any weirder, may as well cosplay while I'm at it. Brb jank falcon cosplay incoming.
buy a dark blue spandex body suit, some light blue or grey paint (probaly best to use spray paint for this part), then gold/yellow fabric paint for buttons. literally, spray highlights for the muscles, letting the dark blue do its own thing for the shadows. use the gold/yellow to drawn on nipple buttons, etc... i think he has red trim? so use red to draw that on. for gloves, just use yellow dish washing gloves, grab a bike helmet of the proper color (or just of the proper fit and spray paint that ish the right color), then use black construction paper for your visor. making the eye whites might be difficult, outside of just highlighting around them with white.

the boots, got no real clue, but all the accoutremont could be built up out of construction paper, probably (and just grab a belt that would work for the right color).

for extra pizzazz, make a fake firey falcon, for when you falcon punch, and glue/tape it to the end of a toilet paper tube.

source: jv and his friends did this last year at akon and it was the goofiest, but most awesome, cheap cosplay i've ever seen.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
squirtle's fullhop perfect lands on PS2, Battlefield, Smashville, and Dreamland platforms.

1 frame landing lag

normal impact landing is 10 frames

In 10 frames squirtle could already have his up-smash hitboxes out
Normal impact landing is interruptable after 4 frames (except a few 5 and 6 characters), airdodge landing (wavelanding) is 10

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
If they are adding Street Fighter mechanics to Ryu I demand Melee mechanics for Roy, he definitely should be the only one who can Lose-cancel and wavecheat.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Roy's D-Tilt doesn't even send them up apparently, and his F-Smash animation has changed. It's not even Roy anymore.

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
I was going to buy me some Ryu, then I remembered that I only have a 3DS with broken shoulder buttons. Welp

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So with Ryu it is weird that you can do the simple special input (like every Smash character) or the more complex one which seems to be strictly better because it is more powerful. So the simple way is always the wrong way. Maybe Sakurai thought this sounded like an awesome competitive feature, but it's just a dumb mechanic conceptually since it is a false choice. Not like having a simple to execute throw that is easy to do under pressure or a hard throw that does more damage, there is no risk involved just do the memorized half circle, dragon punch etc. motion.

All the different normals depending on your button press and two Final Smashes sound great, wish these were standard universal abilities throughout the cast.

Top Bottom