• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Kinda, yeah. The Sword of Seals is the only good thing about Roy, but you don't get it until near the end of the game.

Roy is 15 in Binding Blade. Lyn is 16 in FE7 (15 in the prologue); Eliwood and Hector are both 17. The NA localization made Lyn 19/18 instead for whatever reason.
It definitely seems that Roy was designed to appear older. You know, it might have something to do with amiibo support for FE: If, since all the other known guest stars (Lucina, Lissa, Marth etc) are older than 15 by a deal. Though I must say, it's definitely a bit strange seeing him designed like this. I keep on seeing Eliwood in this look, so I guess "Like father like son." might have been lying on the aesthetic team's minds.

3dit: As for how Roy plays in Sword of Seals. I actually had some good vibes going with the RNG goddess I suppose, because my most recent playthrough had Roy working on Eliwood levels of "meh, OK I guess".

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Smash in splash is a joke of a tournament. Seeding is beyond terrible

Helsong

Smash Ace
If they don't include Guile's Theme, I will riot.

Roy actually does look pretty interesting. I don't know if he'll actually be good, but his new animations are interesting-seems to be holding his sword in a reverse grip for some of his attacks. Seems somewhat fast as well. The real question, of course, is if he'll have any advantages over Marth, considering Marth's pretty darn bad in this game.

CORY

wut
BRoomer

so, she studied psychology to learn to be a professional shipper? couldn't you just go on tumblr for that, instead?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
my question is why is the universe tauting me with ryu in smash4 but not in PM
why doesn't melee hd exist
why doesn't capcom vs nintendo with the melee engine exist

why does every developer do what I don't want them to
wat? normal impact landing is 4 frames for everyone except the heavies, and iirc, it's 5 for ganon and dk, and 6 for bowser and ddd. no one has 10 frames of normal impact landing.

eideeiit

Smash Ace
squirtle's fullhop perfect lands on PS2, Battlefield, Smashville, and Dreamland platforms.

1 frame landing lag

normal impact landing is 10 frames

In 10 frames squirtle could already have his up-smash hitboxes out
Where the hell did you get this from?

Wavedashes I guess.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
ryu in smash is all I've ever wanted bless you sakurai
Ganon focus attack warlock punch in PM when

It definitely seems that Roy was designed to appear older. You know, it might have something to do with amiibo support for FE: If, since all the other known guest stars (Lucina, Lissa, Marth etc) are older than 15 by a deal. Though I must say, it's definitely a bit strange seeing him designed like this. I keep on seeing Eliwood in this look, so I guess "Like father like son." might have been lying on the aesthetic team's minds.

3dit: As for how Roy plays in Sword of Seals. I actually had some good vibes going with the RNG goddess I suppose, because my most recent playthrough had Roy working on Eliwood levels of "meh, OK I guess".
Eliwood is pretty balls too. Never played Sword of Seals, but Eliwood is easily the worst of the three lords.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Ganon focus attack warlock punch in PM when

Eliwood is pretty balls too. Never played Sword of Seals, but Eliwood is easily the worst of the three lords.
I think what I'm trying to say is that I could actually have Roy on the front without tom much to fret for (something Lords are expected to be kinda good at). In most playthroughs it's always a case of Roy being guarded in the mid-back of the pack and watching as he becomes an anchor due to all the unused movement he inflicts on the rest of the team.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
is it just me or is his stream terrible quality? like, terrible artifacting and colors not working right?
Looks fine to me, but that's just imo

EDIT:
Also, Ryu's final smash is his shinku hadouken from a distance, but it's shinku shoryu close up.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
This just in: Roy is a clone to Marth in the same way Luigi is to Mario.

Meaning while they have similar specials, their normal moves are different and have different animations. ex. Roy's dair and f-smash look super different from Marth's.

Rest assured up-smash still looks baller.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Looks fine to me, but that's just imo

EDIT:
Also, Ryu's final smash is his shinku hadouken from a distance, but it's shinku shoryu close up.
ah, ok, i guess it's just me, then. i have other stuff to do, than watch leaks for a game i don't particularly care about, though, so i'll just live vicariously through pms.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
ah, ok, i guess it's just me, then. i have other stuff to do, than watch leaks for a game i don't particularly care about, though, so i'll just live vicariously through pms.
But then you won't know that DDD in the background of DL64 was replaced by Bronto Burt!

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
nah DDD is still there, Bronto Burt has always been there too

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Can it be Friday yet? I watch all of my favorite airing shows on Fridays and then I have nothing to do but be bored and look at /b/'s stupid train and cat threads for a week.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
It's finally over. I graduated a couple of hours ago. I can rest till I start Fall in my new university that I'm transferring to. SDSU, here I come...in two or so months.

It's kind of funny that all the male FE characters (besides Robin because of the female one) got buff redesigns in Smash 4, I think @ Grey Belnades Grey Belnades has something to do with this.

They needed to look strong.
I tried to convince Sakurai to strongesign Robin but he wouldn't budge. Said FEA lovers would complain and that he already had enough with the Ridley supporters.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I tried to convince Sakurai to strongesign Robin but he wouldn't budge. Said FEA lovers would complain and that he already had enough with the Ridley supporters.
They should have used this Robin.
My_Unit_(Portrait_5_-_Kakusei).jpg

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I see that awesome banner change and update you did @Warchamp7. ¦D

Very nice you sneaky little devil. ¦3

Draco_The

Smash Lord
And you can already choose the leaked characters as mains.

I don't even have the game but whatevs.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Damn. If Roy and Ryu are comming out tommorow with Lucas I have no idea what I'm going to do. I only have around 2 bucks on Eshop currently, so only enough for one character I think.

Naybe it is time I finally sell Smash 3DS and work on unlocking the customs on the Wii-U so I can get another points card for the Eshop. I was hoping to make EO2U pre-order my next thing but that might not happen now.

I hate you Nintendo.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Damn. If Roy and Ryu are comming out tommorow with Lucas I have no idea what I'm going to do. I only have around 2 bucks on Eshop currently, so only enough for one character I think.

Naybe it is time I finally sell Smash 3DS and work on unlocking the customs on the Wii-U so I can get another points card for the Eshop. I was hoping to make EO2U pre-order my next thing but that might not happen now.

I hate you Nintendo.
Just go take austins money like I did

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What money did you take, their Arcadian? Gee I'd love to but I had this awful sickness called "Super Banned"

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
It just occurred to me that some of you guys have not seen this combo video that came out yesterday.

We're going to change that.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

I hate you Nintendo.
Sell Yugioh cards man lol. And your avi man I wanna play FE7 and use Serra again. OR look at fanart while i wait for YT vids to finish uploading.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
What money did you take, their Arcadian? Gee I'd love to but I had this awful sickness called "Super Banned"
Maybe if you didnt play Falcon you wouldn't have been super banned :c

Edit: Tho it woulda been way more fun playing you in GF than etuba. Bowser is boring as fuuuuuuck

Also because the last time I played you I was too high to punish you without dropping it

Last edited:
Top Bottom