• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bleck

Smash Master
played some For Glory; Roy seems kind of overpowered in a really Melee kind of way (virtually no endlag on his moves, wonky hitboxes), nobody knows how to play as Ryu, nobody seems to want to play as Lucas

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
whaddup thread
Finally putting all of my avatars in one place at midnight after a year of them being in random-ass folders. I think there are more of them but I lost a lot of them when making space on my computer.

Edit hey @Warchamp7 I'm seeing ads in the bottom right of the board what even is a prumium.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finally putting all of my avatars in one place at midnight after a year of them being in random-*** folders. I think there are more of them but I lost a lot of them when making space on my computer.
View attachment 56796

Edit hey @Warchamp7 I'm seeing ads in the bottom right of the board what even is a prumium.
I go through like twenty avatars on Steam a week lmao

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
When I played PM with my friends they hated me playing Snake becuz C4 is too good for them so they forced me to play Squirtle against them, their loss because I was better at every character in the game than they were at anyone.

Secretly the reason why I made that Big Boss Squrtle model was so I could pretend I was playing Snake while making my friends hate Squirtle.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Ugh, i hate talking about new character wishes for PM, because it turns cancerous really fast... but I really wanna see a new take on ICs dual-character mechanic, so I can play and explore something cool. But I have always hated how the ICs operate, particularly in how they move, and want to explore something that hasn't already been explored in melee/brawl. I get that PM ICs are partly a new beast, but I don't doubt most of their melee stuff applies, basically i'd be playing catch-up for a long time figuring out basic melee stuff even if I were to subject myself to playing them. Ideally, a new dual character would be drastically different from ICs, one that feels and moves more organically. Like a character with good DD/dash speed and a short-ish wavedash like falcon, rather than wavedash centric like Luigi Climbers. I've always thought the Pichu brothers (from the first pokemon movie) and/or Plusle+Minun would fit this role well. You're killing three birds with one stone by doing this, after all- exploring the dual-character design more, bringing back pichu for his "cult" fans from melee (could even give them the "hold R to solo" option), and inherently buffing pichu by making him a dual character. And never mind all the cool new **** you can do designing a new dual-character from scratch that wasn't done with ICs, from double-character animations for moves/throws to unique ways to use hitlag (especially significant since electric attacks from pichux2 or P+M would have extra hitlag). Man if I had the skills to design my own, just to test them, i would.

also when's 3.6

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Ugh, i hate talking about new character wishes for PM, because it turns cancerous really fast... but I really wanna see a new take on ICs dual-character mechanic, so I can play and explore something cool. But I have always hated how the ICs operate, particularly in how they move, and want to explore something that hasn't already been explored in melee/brawl. I get that PM ICs are partly a new beast, but I don't doubt most of their melee stuff applies, basically i'd be playing catch-up for a long time figuring out basic melee stuff even if I were to subject myself to playing them. Ideally, a new dual character would be drastically different from ICs, one that feels and moves more organically. Like a character with good DD/dash speed and a short-ish wavedash like falcon, rather than wavedash centric like Luigi Climbers. I've always thought the Pichu brothers (from the first pokemon movie) and/or Plusle+Minun would fit this role well. You're killing three birds with one stone by doing this, after all- exploring the dual-character design more, bringing back pichu for his "cult" fans from melee (could even give them the "hold R to solo" option), and inherently buffing pichu by making him a dual character. And never mind all the cool new **** you can do designing a new dual-character from scratch that wasn't done with ICs, from double-character animations for moves/throws to unique ways to use hitlag (especially significant since electric attacks from pichux2 or P+M would have extra hitlag). Man if I had the skills to design my own, just to test them, i would.

also when's 3.6
I don't really like PM ICs that much. The pivot glitch sucks, I can't wobble, and half of my melee desyncs are gone it seems like. I don't really got what they get from brawl? Nana can squal and up b now, and she kinda knows how to recover, but her AI seems unreliable. Up b killing is really funny, but it seems kinda too good. The recovery buffs are nice but maybe too good. Idk, I only play them cuz they win sets for me.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Trying to add FS eyes to a model, but I'm having issues getting them to work properly. Either the FS eyes override the normal eyes or they don't show up at all! :p

Does anybody know how to actually make FS eyes work properly?

Draco_The

Smash Lord

also when's 3.6
Between the two (or four), I much rather have Plusle and Minun. Having two more yellow rats would be very boring, especially when the only difference between them is the hair. And on the other hand, Plusle and Minun were made just for doubles (doubles came in gen 3) with their abilities and learning Helping Hand by leveling up.

Trying to add FS eyes to a model, but I'm having issues getting them to work properly. Either the FS eyes override the normal eyes or they don't show up at all! :p

Does anybody know how to actually make FS eyes work properly?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I'm currently at school, so Youtube videos won't work for me right now. I guess I should have clarified that. :p
I'd need it in text format because of school firewalls.
- Clone (choose instance) the object with the eyes of the character in 3DS Max.
- Give the new object the FS eyes texture.
- Export the model and import it on BB along with the FS eyes texture.
- Change the visibility bone of the new object to EyesYellow.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
the amount of which i still dont care about sm4sh is overwhelming

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Ggs dude, you're pretty good if you've only been playing for a short time span.

Also if anyone's wondering I didn't make it in time for PM pools (he said he switched me to a later one but he didn't)

Some guy went up to Wizzrobe and had a 5 minute speech about he's an inspiration to'em and then had him sign a poster. I then had him sign my nuts
Gahhh, their signatures are so much better than mine. I need to put more work into it

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Erm...kind of hit a roadblock here; I can't use 3DS Max because it's stopped supporting 32-bit systems, and that's what I'm using.

Frig. :p I might be able to do it with Blender, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ryu feels weird in Smash 4. And I'm not talking about the QC and HFC motions as those are fine and easy (god bless GCC's hexagon lol) and I find it very amusing that people are complaining about how obnoxious those inputs are (I def made the right choice in trying to get in USF4 a couple of months ago as it got me use to the motions). What's weird is the whole tap/hold thing (would have rather they made "B" moves strong attacks and "A" moves weak attacks while having the Special be focused solely on the SF motions but meh, I'll get used to it eventually) I also can't figure out how to link his moves together yet. Character has me super intrigued and Imma be playing him a lot in Smash 4 until I figure out how he works.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
yeah, but fatties have a huge hurtbox in general, and it looks like part of the issue is the rear part of the focus attack hitting someone. smaller characters might not clip into him enough for it to work and the demo vid only showed two larger characters getting caught in it.

but, i guess he also has his elbow infinite to cover the small character matchups, too. quality stuff from based sakurai.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Going to go all (mostly) wolf today I think, maybe switching back to diddy or fox if I run into something I can't figure out, or I need to fox ditto someone. Here's hoping I don't fall lol, it's been over a year since I last went wolf in bracket that I can think of.

Inb4 I switch mains again next patch

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
i'm just more interested in whatever's going to be shown tomorrow

haven't watched any of today's stuff, actually

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I'm only hyped for Fallout 4. Nothing else from what I saw so far has picked my attention.

Doom 4 seems very boring, although I must say that the modding thing for all platforms is very cool.
I have Dishonored but never played it so can't comment on the sequel's CGI trailer.
Battlecry is... very underwhelming.
Never played a Halo nor a GoW game before, but what I saw didn't impress me.
Rare's Pirate Simulator seems like another dull sandbox game.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I actually got it via an alternate method, believe it or not. So I didn't even need the tutorial, funnily. Didn't even need anything other than BrawlBox.

It was a bit convoluted, though. :p

EDIT: For those of you who want to know how I did it, here's how;

- Open the .pac of a character MODEL (I used Mewtwo, but anybody with proper Final Smash eyes should work). MotionEtcs will most likely not work. Make sure you have exported the character model you wish to give Final Smash eyes as an .MDL0 file, too, as well as their .Shd model.
- Once the .pac is open, proceed to the model and click "Replace". Select the .MDL0 of the character you want to give Final Smash Eyes (like how I wanted to give Ridley FS eyes) and load it OVER the model of the original fighter.
- Once this is done, you'll notice the model lacks textures. This is because the imported model has different texture calls than the one you've replaced. Go into the "TextureData[0]" BRES and replace all of the textures of the original character with the new one. Remove any extras and import the FS eye texture you created.
- Then go into the Model Viewer, select the eye/pupil texture and click it's checkmark. If you see the yellow eye, that means you've succeeded in giving the character proper FS eyes. Make sure to save it as the ORIGINAL character's name, not the character's .pac you used to do this (so name the file "FitRidley00", not "FitMewtwo00" in this case).

Last edited:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
NES RPGs have aged like cancer.
I can't think of a single one even half way enjoyable in the modern age.

It's amazing how well SNES RPG's have aged considering what its predecessor gave us.
I think Final Fantasy 3 actually aged pretty well, so much so that the DS remake is pretty much the same game and still sold really well in a modern market. Most NES RPGs have aged awfully though, although I still enjoy a bunch them haha.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Gah, well my hopes have been crushed. I joined PM hoping to start a new leaf, because I'm (officially, according to Game FAQs) the world's worst Smash 4 player. It's not looking much better - I feel like I've jumped in too late and I'm up against a world of elites. I have to try my hardest just to take one stock, while my opponent sits around teabagging at me. Very upsetting ;(

Top Bottom