• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The common complaint I have heard about Zero Mission is that the sequence breaking it allows is maybe too intentional by the developers and isn't something the player creates on their own.

So if the game isn't handing you easy ways to break it, maybe you are just playing it wrong?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
There is a gaming god thank thee for he is holy to let the infamous game live. Now FF7 remake and KH3 and it's over Sony will destroy.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It's a cryptic reference to The Last Guardian.

PlayStation developers seems to understand how to use strong visuals for great storytelling. Hunting robot dinosaurs is something I never thought I wanted before.

Xbox on the other hand seems to think the same cliché fps story save the world by shooting Mexican cartels is the way to capture people's attention.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
I don't know if I can get hyped for Last Guardian anymore. Not after over half a decade.
But Horizon Zero Dawn looks somewhat interesting? At least, the concept they showed does.

And every time I heard about it, No Man's Sky just keeps feeling more and more too good to be true. I hope it's as good as the devs dream of it being.

EDIT: FF7 Remake? Huh. I didn't enjoy it hat much, but hearing that music remastered would be a treat indeed. Also, his words: Coming first to PS4. I wonder if this will continue the precedent FFXIII set and we'll get a possible PC release?

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Oh hey, an actual FF7 remake. Cool, I guess
Oh hey, Shenmue 3 kickstarter. Cool I guess

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
kickstarters w/r/t major games have never actually been used solely for the sake of funding. in particular, bloodstained already had about 90% of their funds from private sectors, the last 10% was a way of marketing to people "hey, people want this game, you should invest in it"

Helsong

Smash Ace
kickstarters w/r/t major games have never actually been used solely for the sake of funding. in particular, bloodstained already had about 90% of their funds from private sectors, the last 10% was a way of marketing to people "hey, people want this game, you should invest in it"
Good point, that's why Bloodstained's goal was only half a million. However, with their extra funding, they were able to guarantee that they could make extra content that would not otherwise have been funded by it's publishers.

Coporate backed KS's could end up being a thing where a publisher can let the developer make content or games in a certain way, risk free for the publishers themselves.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Coporate backed KS's could end up being a thing where a publisher can let the developer make content or games in a certain way, risk free for the publishers themselves.
Which is bad for people who really need the money and gives unrealistic expectations for the real cost of making games.

"Fund our DLC" is probably the future though.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Which is bad for people who really need the money.

"Fund our DLC" is probably the future though.
It could go well! We could get the opportunity to see more gaming content, and allowing developers to avoid ****ty DLC practices and make simple cashgrabs.

Oh who am I kidding. It's gonna get gamed and played by a bunch of greedy publishers who'll ask people to fund their devs' DLC, and still keep going with the same greedy tactics they've been employing so far.

Also, people stopped caring about new CoDs a while ago Sony, we just assume we're gonna get another one and they're gonna hype it up as being unlike any before with some overblown marketing scheme. Same ****, different year, bring in something new like the beginning of the conference.

Where's my P5 trailer?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I come home today from walking to Chick Fila, and my mom is just sitting on the couch with this weird look on her face

I ask her what's up, and she pulls out my iPad and Steam is open

oooooooo ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Ayy KTH already put Smash 4's Roy sfx in PM

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
aaaand no Persona 5. Still, a pretty good conference, but the vast majority of games were multi-plats anyway. Last Guardian and Horizon looked interesting, but I'm not buying into them until they actually come out. Everything else was basically as expected. Better than Microsoft, I guess.

Gosh, I'm a massively cynical snob when it comes to video games.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
E3 is kind of a self-masturbatory conference that only matters around console debuts, anyways

watch other stuff (alternatively, watch the giant bomb talk-over stream so you at least laugh at it)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
aaaand no Persona 5. Still, a pretty good conference, but the vast majority of games were multi-plats anyway. Last Guardian and Horizon looked interesting, but I'm not buying into them until they actually come out. Everything else was basically as expected. Better than Microsoft, I guess.

Gosh, I'm a massively cynical snob when it comes to video games.
In this day of age of video games I don't see a problem with being a snob to some degree or very picky.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I was still waiting for anything related to Legend of Dragoon from Sony.
Wishfull thinking, I know.
Legend of Dragoon was all right, I guess. I never played it when it came out, and played it instead like 3 years ago. I liked the combat system, but everything else seemed just decent.

Time to see what Nintendo pulls out. A new F-Zero on the technical level of GX? A new Metroid that makes Other M not matter whatsoever? (That's a joke, it never mattered in the first place)
Nah, it's just another New Super Mario Bros. And I guess more amiibos. Maybe some closer looks at the new Zelda, where we learn it's just more Ocarina of Time, woooooooo.
The real joy of E3 is being a pretentious **** about it all.

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Legend of Dragoon was all right, I guess. I never played it when it came out, and played it instead like 3 years ago. I liked the combat system, but everything else seemed just decent.
True, the story is your cliché "You are the [Legendary thing], now go save the world from [Ultimate evil]", but I don't know, it still managed to captivate my attention throughout the whole game (Granted, this is certainly nostalgia blinding me).

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Holy **** this steath section. Metroid GBA engine/GODAMMN WARIOLAND wasn't made for stealth.

I just wall jump away.

I don't want to use save states buy zoomed in 2d stealth is forcing my hand.

Tourian was cool tho.

Edit: After the Ridley fight I realized I can't fire missiles diagonally.
Is it possible to disable screw attk?

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
True, the story is your cliché "You are the [Legendary thing], now go save the world from [Ultimate evil]", but I don't know, it still managed to captivate my attention throughout the whole game (Granted, this is certainly nostalgia blinding me).
A lot of my friends love it, but they also owned the PSX, whereas I owned an N64 at that time. I think at the time, it was probably really good and interesting, sorta like how FF7 isn't super amazing, but it was new and interesting when it came out, and that's carried over in people's minds to this day.

Sometimes I wonder if the reason I love Chrono Trigger is just nostalgia and it's stellar soundtrack. Then I play it and realize that the characters and their arcs still hold up by the standards of today's game writing, and really help to tie the narrative together in interesting ways, even if the mechanics are kinda standard.
Wait, games don't have standards for writing, nevermind. Chrono Trigger for best RPG.

Holy **** this steath section. Metroid GBA engine/GODAMMN WARIOLAND wasn't made for stealth.

I just wall jump away.

I don't want to use save states buy zoomed in 2d stealth is forcing my hand.

Tourian was cool tho.
MGS:Zero Mission ain't so bad. It's also kinda short, and super easy to get through, there's just a few points that are kinda ******. Get through it and get to the end, it takes like 10 minutes.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
anyone here have experience selling yugioh cards
i need cash

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
A lot of my friends love it, but they also owned the PSX, whereas I owned an N64 at that time. I think at the time, it was probably really good and interesting, sorta like how FF7 isn't super amazing, but it was new and interesting when it came out, and that's carried over in people's minds to this day.

Sometimes I wonder if the reason I love Chrono Trigger is just nostalgia and it's stellar soundtrack. Then I play it and realize that the characters and their arcs still hold up by the standards of today's game writing, and really help to tie the narrative together in interesting ways, even if the mechanics are kinda standard.
Wait, games don't have standards for writing, nevermind. Chrono Trigger for best RPG.
In terms of story, I'll need to try out Suikoden II. Heard the story is amazing

Lizalfos

Smash Master
MGS:Zero Mission ain't so bad. It's also kinda short, and super easy to get through, there's just a few points that are kinda ******. Get through it and get to the end, it takes like 10 minutes.
I'm at the part where there are tons of pirates on platforms and I gotta stun some and the save point is so awful and if I die I have to wait on these slow ass eyeballs.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I'm at the part where there are tons of pirates on platforms and I gotta stun some and the save point is so awful and if I die I have to wait on these slow *** eyeballs.
Are you in the ruins, then? Great! Almost done. Yeah, you just gotta be patient with the eyeballs. Trust me, pretty much everyone agrees that Metroid Gear Solid is by far the weakest part of Zero Mission.

You guys are too cynical. I like video games and I just won't buy the ones that don't interest me.

I'm excited for Nintendo's Direct tomorrow.
Cynicism is how I keep myself sane and insulate myself from the despair that is the current condition of the games industry, so that I can continue to pursue my dreams of someday making a game and not having it totally suck.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
once again my hopes for a decent non scrolling style rhythm game that is actually fun before you get good at it have be shattered. ill just stay in my lonely corner of the hardcore gaming community clicking circles, stomping random kids at chuckechesses in ddr, and playing the love live games for the game-play and not the grills. le sigh

anyone here have experience selling yugioh cards
i need cash
if you haven't done any proper trading at a card shop than they probably aren't in good enough condition to be sell-able but show me pics just in case

Last edited:
Top Bottom