• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Colosseum was neat, but yeah it was a letdown.

There wasn't enough freedom; you only had one chance to catch several pokemon; the plot, though kind of novel, wasn't terribly gripping... There didn't feel like there was nearly as much or enough freedom. The world was so segmented, unlike the handheld games. All of them were basically tiny areas separated by long loading screens disguised as bike rides.

I don't think I ever finished that game, despite how hyped I was for it as a kid.
Some things to add:

1- Music is cool but the rest of the presentation isn't up to snuff. The Graphics weren't that great; the older pokes got their models recycled from Pokemon Stadium 2 and most of the game looks like it would fit well in the end of the N64's era. Most of the game is 30fps despite that. The Gamecube can do better.
2 - NO BREEDING. Seriously -_-
3 - No traditional capture system outside of the Shadow Pokemon
4 - Campaign is shorter than RSE, a campaign that has less content than Crystal's campaign.
5 - Lack of weird Cups(No Little Cup/Pika cup equivalent)

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm still hoping for a colliseum sequel on the 3ds that has as good of a storyline as blw 1 and 2

Tbh I was seriously disappointed when XY was kiddie as **** after experiencing those games. What the **** game freak

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Colosseum was neat, but yeah it was a letdown.

There wasn't enough freedom; you only had one chance to catch several pokemon; the plot, though kind of novel, wasn't terribly gripping... There didn't feel like there was nearly as much or enough freedom. The world was so segmented, unlike the handheld games. All of them were basically tiny areas separated by long loading screens disguised as bike rides.

I don't think I ever finished that game, despite how hyped I was for it as a kid.
On your first go through the game yeah for most of the shadow pokes from what i remember then post game you can re catch them again. Some of the other parts I can agree with especially the freedom part but orre region was interesting to say the least.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
@Helsong I'm a big tough boy. I learned how to handle criticism and advice by writing fanfic in high school. Lmao

The only consoles I've ever owned are the GameCube and the 360. Melee was always my favorite game, even as a casual, and I've basically only had extended interest in it, Fable II, and Warcraft III.

D

Deleted member

I just realized how inconsistent I was today

I went to my English class around the end of the day and we had to write three analytical paragraphs and a short essay over Night (the Elie Wiesel book). I started to write and I just literally stopped, not even writing again until like twenty minutes after I started. Once the twenty minutes were finished, I powerhoused through it, but I still finished pretty late, staying five minutes after the bell.

I was also talking to this really cute girl today, I literally just said to her, "I think you're cute" and she admired that a lot. Moments later, I spaghetti all over the place like a kid with a Minecraft T-shirt and I stuttered to the point where she got up and fled to talk to her other friends.

I played CS:GO today, went into a Dust II comp match and had gone with a 1:9 KD all the way up until rotation to CT. Moments later, I finish the game, 16-15 with 19:11, the last three kills being Deag headshots.

what the heck lol

D

Deleted member

[11:08:55 PM] Odds [Josh]: you around?
[11:09:34 PM] Umbreon [Max]: im naked and high as giraffe *****
[11:09:55 PM] Odds [Josh]: so, yes
[11:09:59 PM] Odds [Josh]: also, normal monday night I presume
[11:10:11 PM] Umbreon [Max]: nuck if you buck and ready to ****
[11:10:21 PM] Umbreon [Max]: knock knock
[11:10:38 PM] Odds [Josh]: who's there
[11:10:44 PM] Umbreon [Max]: i said knock knock *****
[11:10:50 PM] Umbreon [Max]: um yo mommas head
[11:11:08 PM] Odds [Josh]: yo momma's head who
[11:11:28 PM] Umbreon [Max]: yo mommas head be knock knock knockin against my headboard when i bite the ripples on her back and tiger **** her
[11:11:37 PM] Umbreon [Max]: yea yea ***** hush mode, hush mode
[11:11:44 PM] Umbreon [Max]: who put the paprika in you vagisil
[11:12:21 PM] Odds [Josh]: I'm glad you're having a good time rofl

Last edited by a moderator:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Tbh I was seriously disappointed when XY was kiddie-
Lysandre tried to wipe out almost all life on Earth just because he could and almost succeeded. Same deal with Cyrus. And beyond even that, we have Ghetsis...
Next time,

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Lysandre tried to wipe out almost all life on Earth just because he could and almost succeeded. Same deal with Cyrus. And beyond even that, we have Ghetsis...
Next time,
pft, evil villains wanting to destroy the earth is STANDARD FARE in childrens cartoons,

So yes, xy was kiddy

Maybe you should do YOUR research

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Leeroy Jenkins happened 10 years ago

The heck
Dude right lol. That felt like yesterday.

Also we are on page 2004 that means another Gamegenie gaming title drop post featuring games that came out in 2004. It was also the year the DS came out into the world of nerds across the states and in Japan.

GTA:San Andreas, Half Life 2, World of Warcraft, Halo 2(godlike game) Chronicles of Riddick :Escape from Butcher bay, Ratchet and Clank Up your Arsenal, Unreal Tournament 2004, MGS: The Twin Snakes, Fable 1, PKMN FL/LG, Painkiller, Star Wars Battlefront 1, Burnout 3, Counterstrike Source, Metroid:Zero Mission, Killzone 1, Crash Twinsanity, Red Dead revolver, Hitman Contracts, Metroid PRime 2:Echoes, Thief Deadly Shadows. Crash Bandicoot Purple:Riptor's rampage and Spyro Orange: The Cortex conspiracy, LOZ 4 swords adventures, New school Ninja Gaiden, Monster Hunter 1, PSi-Ops: The mindgate conspiracy, Splinter Cell pandora Tomorrow, Onimusha 3: Demon Siege, Sly 2:Band of Thieves,Garry's Mod, MGS3 Snake Eater(THIS GAME IS GODLIKE) Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic 2, Def Jam Fight for New York(good wrestling game and last we see of the AKI engine from the N64 wrestling games) The Punisher, Need For Speed Underground 2, Silent Hill 4, Prince of Persia:Warrior Within, Doom 3, Far Cry 1, MK:Deception, Jak 3, Sims 2, X- Men Legends, KH Chain of Memories, The Suffering 1, Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War, Goldeneye Rouge Agent, Everquest 2, Conker Live and Reloaded, Bloodrayne 2, Dragonquest 8, Super Mario 64 DS, Gran Turismo 4, Alien Hominid, Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations(In Japan) Paper Mario TTYD(GAME IS GOOD), Tak 2, DBZ Budokai 3, Xenosaga episode 2, PKMN emerald(In Japan), MMX Command Mission, MMX8, Shadow Hearts Covenant, Samurai Jack:The Shadow of Aku, SMT:Digital Devil Saga(In Japan), Tenchu Fatal Shadows, Rumble Roses, Gradius V, Katamari Damacy, Mario Party 6, Neo Contra, Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain, Suikoden IV(In Japan), Seven Samurai 20xx, Warioware touched, Under the Skin, LOZ the minish cap( in japan), Boktai 2, Sonic Advance 3, Onimusha blade warriors, Viewtiful Joe 2(love this game)

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?sort=moviemeter&start=1&title_type=game&year=2004,2004
http://i.imgur.com/sGTtOcL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sGTtOcL.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1 AM

School at 6 AM

Don't feel like sleeping because of salt

who's trying to cuddle in bed

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Oh hey look at that Scunthorpe problem.

World filters are beyond idiotic. Why do we have this garbage? I think we can handle some swearing holy ****.
Speaking from experience, ad providers may be at least partially behind that. Doesn't make it any less dumb imo, but it's not necessarily a matter of the admins just feeling like we can't handle some rude words. @Warchamp7 @Hylian Am I on the right track here?

That said, the filters here could do with some upgrading.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
stop stealing copyrighted content by me ill **** you all up

on that note I WAS GOING THROUGH MY FB WALL, FOUND AN OLD ASS POST, WHERE A GIRL WAS BLATANTLY FLIRTING WITH ME, AND I DISREGARDED HER

SHE WAS LIKE, "HERES MY NUMBER, BALLS IN YOUR COURT ;;;;))))))))"

AND I WAS LIKE

AND WENT TO GO PLAY VIDEO GAMES

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ Yung Mei Yung Mei Now you know that it's good to not be oblivious, on a personal level. :^) ...The trick is that if you're not gonna be dense, you ARE gonna be kinda dour/wary due to knowing how wrong stuff like this can go. I have a lot of trouble with that, but what's really the issue in my case is that I'm a coward when it comes to relationships.
Ayyy, being a recluse.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scunthorpe_problem#News_articles_damaged
In June 2008, a news site run by the American Family Association filtered an Associated Press article on sprinter Tyson Gay, replacing instances of "gay" with "homosexual", thus rendering his name as "Tyson Homosexual".

This is hilarious to me
Bro this is ten times funnier
The word "ass" may be replaced by "butt", resulting in "clbuttic" for "classic" and "buttbuttinate" for "assassinate".
BUTTBUTTINATE

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Tyson Homosexual tho
Imagine that as a name
Now imagine that you get a PHD
you're Dr. Tyson Homosexual
and people have to call you Dr. Homosexual

Bazkip

Smash Master
In tragic news, Dr. Homosexual was buttbuttinated today. The perpetrator, @ Yung Mei Yung Mei , was quoted as saying "He insulted my waifu". More at 11.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'm taking a break from smash, at least 3 weeks. I'll still hang out here tho. my last break lasted 9 hours, most of which I slept, so we'll see how this goes.

Job interview in the morning, wish me luck.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
You know, just because I'm surprised nobody was like hey @ Leafeon Leafeon look how well you did at IaB and linked this video before, I guess I'll do it myself because somewhere deep inside I want it to happen.

@Umbreon the player cam name pls

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
You know, just because I'm surprised nobody was like hey @ Leafeon Leafeon look how well you did at IaB and linked this video before, I guess I'll do it myself because somewhere deep inside I want it to happen.
What next, you gonna start a ****storm on twitter because nobody writes an article about you ? #noZeRo

@ Soft Serve Soft Serve Best of luck to you buddy, hope you don't get gimped, the offstage game of RH is mad strong in general.

And I never played a single game in this list. Where was I in 2004 ? Oh yeah, playing Kawaii Hat Simulator aka Ragnarok online.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

@Umbreon the player cam name pls
@Umbreon I feel like you coulda taken that first game several times over, especially early on where you should have had some very good punishes you kinda dropped them
Random thought since I just watched that

KindBoyScout

Smash Rookie
2004 had TTYD, Metroid Prime 2, Viewtiful Joe 2, and the letdown that was Pokemon Colosseum, but wasn't really a good year for the Gamecube; it was the first year to make it blaringly obvious that the PS2 was the dominant force and where almost all the 3rd party games are released on. It doesn't help that Viewtiful Joe 1, once a Gamecube exclusive, was ported to the PS2 at this year.
TTYD is easily up there with some of my favorite games of all time.
Paper mario 4 smash

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Can't tell if sarcastic, or actually making jabs at me
because I'm probably not the media ***** you're talking about
Nah it's just a joke about Zero's behaviour. If you haven't seen it :
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Don't worry, from as far as I can judge you're chill.

Bleck

Smash Master
zero's right, though - the community slowly starts to abandon PM for mysterious reasons and ignores Smash 4 players in favor of talking about the most recent time that somebody did done real dang good as Fox

it's probably pretty frustrating to put so much effort into a scene and get ignored in favor of **** that got old literally ten years ago

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
For a top player Zero seems like a pretty humble guy.

He doesn't go on giant ego trips or start **** with other people because he's bored and his point about being the best might seem like typical top player pity parties except it is completely true.

I didn't know he accomplished that because nobody mentions it.

Top Bottom