• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
It just feels really fresh and fun to use. You can constantly switch between using the tablet, the pro controller (if supported) or the Wii remote. Initially, this doesn't seem like much, but it makes the experience more dynamic. The interactivity between the TV and the tablet is fun to mess with, the graphics and FPS on the tablet almost matches the Wii U in 1080p, and you can carry it around while not looking at the game. The analog sticks are well-placed, and they fit well with your fingers. All-in-all, it's just a really comfortable controller with a lot of flexible features, and if you don't want to use it for a while, you have a perfectly fine alternative.
It's easier to see if you actually get the console tbh. It doesn't seem like much just reading it, but it's a very good controller and you'll immediately see why after using it.

ahh ok, so basically its a console with numerous options in how you can handle it and play it? Well it is probably bc i don't have one, so yeah

its still turning into a flop though

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
ahh ok, so basically its a console with numerous options in how you can handle it and play it? Well it is probably bc i don't have one, so yeah

its still turning into a flop though
Not in Japan (as much)! What Nintendo really needs is advertising that consist of gameplay and not three elderly people and two 5 year olds who are obviously being paid to run in circles with wiimotes looking overly happy.

red9rd

Smash Ace
nah, Tacoma. SSG is over in South Tacoma, are you in the melee group? should hit that up, my names Osvaldo
Tacompton huh? the group I play with since 64 spread out to Seattle, Kent, Enumclaw, and outskirts of Auburn, but we still get together every few months to party and Smash.

If your around my age I Wrestled, Robotics, and Skilled USA in Welding and Electronics At/Against Tacoma when I was in High School.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm still damn mad at that one infographic that said "eating vegan is cheap!!!!" then listed a full gallon of milk as a buck
Half gallons get up to 5 bucks where I'm at.

Quit whining.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The new Wii U commercial features a bunch of tech savy kids trying to figure out how to convince their parents to buy them a Wii U, one of them even imitates their mother, "but we already have a Wii."

So Nintendo is very aware of the problem. But once again screws up even in the commercial by calling the Wii U a mere upgrade to the Wii.

It's not an upgraded Wii, it's a new console and you should really make that clear in commercials directed to parents Nintendo.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Going to my first tournament tomorrow.

Any advice on how to not embarrass myself? Any Smash etiquette I should be aware of?
expect to get so nervous your hands feel like jelly and you forget all your tech skill
even in friendlies
it wears off the more you get used to playing random people, try to get lots of friendly warm-ups before the tournament starts

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL

Learning how to speed run OoT 3D, slowly getting tricks down but some of the stuff is pretty tough

Also, me and my friends got good advice at our first tourney from Logic (Maybe it was Seagull? That **** was forever ago) and it was "No one wins their first tourney" Go in for practice and don't have huge expectations.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Play as much as you can, friendlies/money-matches and expect to be trashed; what id do if i ever went to my first tournament: sit in fron a tv, and write up a huge notice or whatever it is called "beat the **** out of me please, im a masochist that is striving to be a sadist and beat the **** out of everyone else in the near future"

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Food is good.
Just had 4 friends over today, we fermented 15 heads of cabbage with a few spices. 7 jars of kimchi and a massive hash-crock of sauerkraut.
15 heads of cabbage is pretty cheap.
It's lots of food.
Just need some salt and some jars/a crock, and you're good to go. :p
So delish.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion

Learning how to speed run OoT 3D, slowly getting tricks down but some of the stuff is pretty tough

Also, me and my friends got good advice at our first tourney from Logic (Maybe it was Seagull? That **** was forever ago) and it was "No one wins their first tourney" Go in for practice and don't have huge expectations.
I'd be interested in knowing some of the skips you use to do that, and any speedrunners that have inspired you.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I've been watching a lot of speedrunners lately, some favorites are werster, cosmo, miles, mofat, enopp, cfox, cryptic... A lot of it isn't Zelda and none play 3D to the best of my knowledge, but I really liked OoT 3d so I went with it. There are A LOT OF SKIPS just to get to that point.. There's Forest Escape, Dodongo Cavern Fire Skip, Navi Dive, Door of Time Skip featuring glitches/tricks such as Triple Slash Clip, Restricted Items, and Death Hole Wrong Warp.

I'd explain all of the above but I figured I'd just try and make a point with all things you get to learn and use. if you head on over Zeldaspeedruns.com they have multiple games and all sorts of **** on each, leaderboards, glitches and how to do them, and even routes. speeddemosarchive.com contains more outside of Zelda.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Speedrunners? Cosmo is my fave. I like 2D speedruns that don't use glitches as much, tho, like Mega Man X and Cave Story.

I went over to a competitive player's house to play smash for the first time and I was so excited and nervous that I never took more than two stocks without using my mains. It was really fun.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
TRU DAT
3 of us played some Heroes of Might and Magic 3 together, with 2 playing Melee while the other person does their turn. (They're bran new to Smash though) Then my bro and I had a single 'actual' match before the last person showed up for food-stuff.

Jiggs vs Doc is tricky in Melee, let alone PM... <_<
Punished a FH D-Air away from me with Rest to end it, weird situation, but exactly the situation that it's all like 'You can't do THAT in PM' since D-Air would just combo into uber-mario-mode stuff...

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Tacompton huh? the group I play with since 64 spread out to Seattle, Kent, Enumclaw, and outskirts of Auburn, but we still get together every few months to party and Smash.

If your around my age I Wrestled, Robotics, and Skilled USA in Welding and Electronics At/Against Tacoma when I was in High School.
you should hit up GC tomorrow, PM power rankings is about to start tomorrow

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
^ Wouldn't it make sense to wait until the 9th if you're doing something regarding statistics/whatever of a new game coming out on the 9th?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Food is good.
Just had 4 friends over today, we fermented 15 heads of cabbage with a few spices. 7 jars of kimchi and a massive hash-crock of sauerkraut.
15 heads of cabbage is pretty cheap.
It's lots of food.
Just need some salt and some jars/a crock, and you're good to go. :p
So delish.
I never ate or know any of that. It's cheap huh, I just had another smash fest where we ate popcorn for the 5th time: I'd be down for it how do I make? Do they sell all that at Walmart?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Supplies
Cabbage and Salt = any food place. Sea Salt is best if possible, Cabbage... just comes in heads, don't know how much either costs.
Random Spices = Mustard Powder of Coriander or Ginger, doesn't matter, whatever you know/like/have around your place.
Glass Jars = Not sure, but hardware stores/even Wallmart might have some. Price is unknown too. They need lids though.
Mixing Bowl = or pot or whatever, it's just easier to mix the salt in with the cabbage before putting it in jars.

Step 0: Google Fermenting Sauerkraut/Kimchi
Step 1: Cut the Cabbage into biggish shreds (think like a size you would put on Pizza with Green Peppers or something)
Step 2: Mix it in the bowl with Salt, Spices if you want too (3 Tablespoons of Salt to every 5 Pounds of Cabbage)
Step 3: Hammer it down with your hand/a wooden spoon, then let it sit for 10 mins or so. (the juices will come out of the leaves)
Step 4: Fill the jars and push it until the leaves are all below the water-line in the jars (you want it submersed in its own juices)
Step 5: Let it sit somewhere with the lid loosely on for a few days (gives the bacteria time to work and fermenting starts)
Step 6: Put it in your fridge for a week with the lid on tightly (it's like cooking itself kind of, it'll build up pressure so release it and re-seal every few days)
Step 7: Eat it over the next few months. (it lasts a long time, peaking in flavor probably around 6 weeks, if it lasts that long without being eaten)

Google is good too.
This is basically what people lived on for all autumn/winter in the good ol' days when they couldn't get food through those seasons in colder climates.

Edit/PS: Salt + Veggies.
Anytime you're cooking with veggies, just put a pinch of Salt on. Don't do LOTS, as a lot of Salt-lovers over-Salt everything. Just a pinch, it'll make everything from Mushrooms to Spinach have a delish texture, and bring the juiciness and flavor of them out more when cooking in any form.

Editedit: This isn't exactly a Smash-Food since it's not INSTANT, really. It's a long-term food, but you can eat it during Smashfests AFTER a week or whatever.
Otherwise, I could probably make a thread about good cheap, delicious, and healthier Smash-food, as that often seems to be a topic of 'lacking goodness' more than anything else about it. >_>

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
lol^
There probably is, but it's pretty hard to do it wrong. lol
Like really, put Salt on Cabbage leaves, get the juice to cover the leaves, put it in a jar for a week...
TA-DA! There's a lot of room for play with it too. You could just Youtube 'fermenting veggies' and there's likely 10 different techniques/quantities/timings/etc for it.
There's a reason Salt was a boss currency not too many generations ago. ;)

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Speaking of Pokemon, I find it hilarious that the same people who are still under the impression that Mega Gengar isn't broken make up the majority of the people who believe that Mega Kangaskhan, of all things, is broken. Seriously, just because something gets chip damage while setting up doesn't mean that it's overwhelmingly strong. Checking Mega Kang boils down to pressuring it, like any top offensive threat, and that isn't hard; ****** just need to learn how to adapt x.x

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I never ate or know any of that. It's cheap huh, I just had another smash fest where we ate popcorn for the 5th time: I'd be down for it how do I make? Do they sell all that at Walmart?
K if you ever need recipes hit me up

Now here is my recipe for 3.0 TURBO TACOS!

Here is what you need
A medium size jar of salsa (store bought is fine)
6-7 chicken breasts (raw)
A packet of taco seasoning
Crockpot

Directions
1- take out you raw pieces of chicken, these bad boys are packen mad stacks of protein a piece. They are gonna get you buff as ****! These ****** are gonna crank you out of your ass. So what you want to is drop in about 6 or 7 of these raw badasses into you currently empty crockpot.

2-next we got some salsa, this stuff cranks. So dump the entire jar into a large bowl, and proceed to the next step *****!

3- dump the taco seasoning into the same bowl as the salsa, and mix dat **** up. You can also mix in spices and sauces of Spanish culture to the bowl, but it is not required.

4- next, dump the contents of the bowl into the crockpot and try to get it on all the prices of chicken.

5- Turn the crockpot on high and close the lid

6- play smash bros for like 6 hours cus that's how long this stuff takes to cook

7- open the crockpot and observe the sheer amount of deliciousness you have brought upon this world. If it is done, the chicken should come right apart when you grab it with tongs.

8- Now you put some chicken in a tortilla with cheese, salsa, lettuce, and sour cream

9- Now start Grubbin ass!

You usually start making this early in the day so in the middle of the day it is ready for grubbin.
It feeds a decent number of people

#MeleeGangOrDontBang

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Speaking of Pokemon, I find it hilarious that the same people who are still under the impression that Mega Gengar isn't broken make up the majority of the people who believe that Mega Kangaskhan, of all things, is broken. Seriously, just because something gets chip damage while setting up doesn't mean that it's overwhelmingly strong. Checking Mega Kang boils down to pressuring it, like any top offensive threat, and that isn't hard; *****s just need to learn how to adapt x.x

you know, it never came across to me that pokemon was played competitively until like a year ago when i saw it on Apex haha, but its stupid to think that a game about competitions wouldn't have its own real life scene

with that in mind, what should you do to start getting into serious pokemon? i mean what's the competitive scene about? just curious

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
you know, it never came across to me that pokemon was played competitively until like a year ago when i saw it on Apex haha, but its stupid to think that a game about competitions wouldn't have its own real life scene

with that in mind, what should you do to start getting into serious pokemon? i mean what's the competitive scene about? just curious
Check out Smogon and you`ll probably find everything you need.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm barely scratching competitive Pokemon myself, but the biggest upfront entry fee is team building. It may be good advice to straight up copy off a commonly chosen team and read up why that composition is good. This is a good way to get yourself familiar with every facet of team building whether it's typing both defensively and offensively, different roles for Pokemon, movepools, and synergy in teams.

I could be completely wrong on this, but that's the impression I've been getting as I've been learning about Pokemon.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I used to be a little into competitive Pokemon... I refused to use a pkmn generator, instead breeding them with a hacked ditto for the best ivs and whatnot. I've got like 9 completed pokemon, with like 400 hours put into it.

zman804

Smash Ace

Vashimus

Smash Master
Quick Fighting-types like Terrakion, Keldeo, Infernape and Mienshao (the latter two don't die to +2 Sucker Punch despite their frailty) can handle Mega Kanga easily. The problem is they're all susceptible to Sticky Web, which Mega Kanga is usually accompanied with.

The Seismic Toss set is more annoying than the PUP set. 200 HP damage on every Pokemon, you have Crunch/Shadow Claw/Sucker Punch to hit the one type immune to it, and have Wish + Protect to stay alive or support the team. It's crazy.

splat

Smash Lord
Quick Fighting-types like Terrakion, Keldeo, Infernape and Mienshao (the latter two don't die to +2 Sucker Punch despite their frailty) can handle Mega Kanga easily. The problem is they're all susceptible to Sticky Web, which Mega Kanga is usually accompanied with.
How does MKanga handle Conkeldurr's Mach Punch? Would think that would work fine, right?

Vashimus

Smash Master
Conk's Mach Punch will do like 60% to Mega Kanga at the minimum. With something that has 105/100/100 defenses though, strong STAB Fighting attacks are the most reliable way to one-shot it.

Top Bottom