• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Wait, Nintendo's supporting this. Now THAT is something I find hard to believe. XD
I think that Nintendo would understand that Melee players aren't afraid to discredit them for Brawl, a game they are still protective of. I'm not saying that they wouldn't let this slide, but them supporting this is out there. /:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
All the people in the MLG '14 thread are insane. Just play with the EVO ruleset and call it a day, or just do what SB and Plum suggested.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Just passed my 8th Kidney stone today at the age of 21.
Doc said If I don't stop eating Top Ramen It will kill me.
Like words like that would separate us.
dude, youre from auburn? whats your name, have you been down to Super Smash Games yet?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
tbh it's less rowdy than the EVO one

I like to think we've all kind of just done this already a few months ago when talking about evo rulesets so why re-do it now, just steal EVO's call it a day

unrelated: I want to set up a queer smash crew so our slogan can be "we have big johns"

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Just passed my 8th Kidney stone today at the age of 21.
Doc said If I don't stop eating Top Ramen It will kill me.
Like words like that would separate us.
Make home made meals and be sure to include spinach and vegetables, trust me ramen is very bad for you. Cooking is not hard, and eating right will make you faster, stronger, smarter, and it will enable you to perform fox multi shines consistently. So get off your lazy ass and learn to cook, it's not hard. Eating right improves your lifestyle drastically

On a side note can you mail me your kidney stone? I own a large collection of them and yours would be a great addition

Jk I don't collect those

MLGF

Smash Lord
Or you could work out 2/3 hours a day. Ryan Lochte ate nothing but Mcdonalds while training for the 2008 Olympics and only changed his habits to go gold.
Although to be fair, the man trains his body in a pool of chlorine/sweat/likely not water/urine for a living, but as long as you aren't eating fast food garbage daily, you should be fine eating relatively below healthy standards if you devote some free time and forsake a social life.
Personally, I found myself in my best smashing when I was working out a lot. My mind and body were really alert and I played well. I intend to get back into those habits during winter break.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
tbh it's less rowdy than the EVO one

I like to think we've all kind of just done this already a few months ago when talking about evo rulesets so why re-do it now, just steal EVO's call it a day
WF and LF to be Bo5 or else you'll get SadBox, Jason2Emo, Dr. Salt, and MangoFrustration.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I'm just saying, when you switch up your diets to a healthier lifestyle, your body will improve, physically and mentally. And learning to cook saves money, and it is an alternative to eating those frozen goods chocked full of preservatives and god knows what. Not to mention, ladies love men who cook....

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Make home made meals and be sure to include spinach and vegetables, trust me ramen is very bad for you. Cooking is not hard, and eating right will make you faster, stronger, smarter, and it will enable you to perform fox multi shines consistently. So get off your lazy *** and learn to cook, it's not hard. Eating right improves your lifestyle drastically

On a side note can you mail me your kidney stone? I own a large collection of them and yours would be a great addition

Jk I don't collect those
Eating right isn't always an option to be totally honest.
I'm a poor college student working full time mind you, and I live paycheck to paycheck.
Food that I can afford isn't that good for me. Frozen foods, instant/microwave stuff, etc. etc. is just so much easier on my wallet.
If I could afford to get fresh food I totally would.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm still damn mad at that one infographic that said "eating vegan is cheap!!!!" then listed a full gallon of milk as a buck

get some vitamins and then whatever fills your boring idiot moron belly up, there there's your health tactix

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Wait, Nintendo's supporting this. Now THAT is something I find hard to believe. XD
I think that Nintendo would understand that Melee players aren't afraid to discredit them for Brawl, a game they are still protective of. I'm not saying that they wouldn't let this slide, but them supporting this is out there. /:
Nintendo is probably trying to reach out to the hardcore gamers again since their Wii U is flopping, they need all the support they can get

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Those are more expensive than the healthier alternatives, fresh food is cheaper, look it up.
wat
I buy my own groceries, and like I said I live paycheck to paycheck, so trust me when I say I look for the best prices.
Frozen and/or processed foods are consistently cheaper.
I'm not talking about those frozen meals which likely are more expensive than cooking your own meal (from frozen or fresh ingredients), I'm talking stuff like frozen vegetables, frozen meats, mass produced generic white bread vs fresh whole grain, sodas instead of juice, etc.
That's all waaaay cheaper unless I find a sale or good coupons. If there's some good coupons in the newspaper that week, or if I see something on sale, then hell yeah I get it when I can, but on a consistent basis fresh is more expensive.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Or you could work out 2/3 hours a day. Ryan Lochte ate nothing but Mcdonalds while training for the 2008 Olympics and only changed his habits to go gold.
sure you're not thinking of usain bolt and his 200 nuggets a day diet?

the other difference here is: nuggets are actually pretty high in protein and have enough fat to keep you fueled (fat is not bad. at least not all fat).

ramen is just... noodles, water, and sodium. you need a whole lot more to balance this as a base meal than you would for nuggets.

but, srsly, eating well isn't expensive. if you can wing it, you can find chicken breasts and pork chops for .99/lb often enough and can just freeze that **** for months. otherwise, frozen meats that are cheap aren't that bad. frozen veggies also aren't bad, not that different from fresh, you just need to be willing/able to prepare them differently.

money isn't the issue, it's really time (prep, cooking, and storage times all add up).

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I hope they learn the errors of their ways, i'm actually hoping they continue to lose out with the Wii U, hopefully it could make them change and see where they are now
Making consoles aren't cheap. If the Wii U flops now, it would hurt Nintendo more than help them, especially considering the fact that the other next-gen consoles are out there. It's honestly not that games that are the problem or even the hardware capabilities. It's simply the terrible marketing strategies that Nintendo incorporated on the Wii U.

MLGF

Smash Lord
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...yan-lochte-swimming-world-championships_n.htm
Here, he ate McDonalds during the 08 Olympics. His noticeable body fat increase was likely due to how he was likely tapering and not really working out. He still did well all things considered.
And I do agree a healthy diet is certainly important. I just know a lot of people who don't do that and are still amazingly fit, I myself try to moderate as much as possible, so I'm just giving an alternative.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Basically this. I really wish P:M could work with like, at least two different sites other than their own (whether they're just a file uploading site or someone's personal one) and offer 3 download options for P:M instead of having one that ends up being overloaded every distribution. If P:M's site can support download tracking, surely someone among the fans can work with them to set up a similar coding... Not really complaining, but if P:M could improve on anything currently, it would have to be this.
We have like 6 mirrors. The mirrors people are talking about is like mediafire/rapidshare/whatever, which we aren't able to add to our automated download counters.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
note: body fat and muscle are two different things, this is why some of the strongest people in the world are fat as balls, b/c getting muscle's priority #1. it's also why the BMI is butts, because it lumps the two together, and if you're nuts like many boxers are and you get miles upon miles of nothing but muscle, the BMI'd call you a fatty

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Making consoles aren't cheap. If the Wii U flops now, it would hurt Nintendo more than help them, especially considering the fact that the other next-gen consoles are out there. It's honestly not that games that are the problem or even the hardware capabilities. It's simply the terrible marketing strategies that Nintendo incorporated on the Wii U.

Its not just the strategies, it is the console itself, hell if they had some good game line-ups then they would still be good, but the fact of the matter is that Wii U really isn't a great idea, i understand them wanting to do something different (Wii and DS gave them so much money) but they really have to make it different, not just a work-around, hell that TVvita thing that sony is coming out with is basically what the Wii U is about (not to mention you can play vita games without the Vita itself)

They are just making bad decisions all around, i really think they should've just focused on the 3ds and try to think of something that really is different to all of the other consoles AND handhelds, it seems like they forgot that smartphones are running the casual crowd these years

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
Going to my first tournament tomorrow.

Any advice on how to not embarrass myself? Any Smash etiquette I should be aware of?

i don't now about you, but i actually played for 3 hours grinding tech-skill with falco (melee) before i went to my first tournament. I swear i was moving crazy fast.....and then i went to the tournament, my first match was against a guy who used kirby and didn't know how to up-smash, nonetheless i got so ****ing nervous i couldn't even wavedash properly, the control felt ten times heavier than ever and i was just bonkers man, it continued for another three matches until a guy that did know how to play beat me with ganon, and he mainly beat me bc i was SO nervous (beat him 3-0 in the next trouney)

the point is try to relax and get a hold of yourself bc you could get reallly nervous and mess up some really basic things, if possible get in some friendlies beforehand so you can warm up and get the nerves out of you

oh and goodluck

Paradoxium

Smash Master
wat
I buy my own groceries, and like I said I live paycheck to paycheck, so trust me when I say I look for the best prices.
Frozen and/or processed foods are consistently cheaper.
I'm not talking about those frozen meals which likely are more expensive than cooking your own meal (from frozen or fresh ingredients), I'm talking stuff like frozen vegetables, frozen meats, mass produced generic white bread vs fresh whole grain, sodas instead of juice, etc.
That's all waaaay cheaper unless I find a sale or good coupons. If there's some good coupons in the newspaper that week, or if I see something on sale, then hell yeah I get it when I can, but on a consistent basis fresh is more expensive.

Oh I thought you were referring to those insta meal things, but in all honesty if you can't afford fresh veggies the frozen ones are the better alternatives and aren't nearly as bad as all that other stuff, you could still make healthy meals with them

And don't try and pull the poor college student thing, everyone I know spends their money on alchohol every Friday night, and then they claim that they're broke lol

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Its not just the strategies, it is the console itself, hell if they had some good game line-ups then they would still be good
Games play a large part, but you should remember that PS4 and XBone sold like hotcakes despite there being very mediocre line up for both consoles. And they also have a very good upcoming line up. They just released Wind Waker HD and Super Mario 3D World (which got scores between 9 and 10) and released Pikmin 3 a while back, Bayonetta 2, SSB, X, Tropical Freeze, and SMT x FE. Sure that's not much, but neither the XBone or PS4 have anything else coming for them. PS4 does have KHIII and FFXV, but that's about it.

Sixthe-Sense said:
but the fact of the matter is that Wii U really isn't a great idea, i understand them wanting to do something different (Wii and DS gave them so much money) but they really have to make it different, not just a work-around, hell that TVvita thing that sony is coming out with is basically what the Wii U is about (not to mention you can play vita games without the Vita itself)
The only thing wrong about the Wii U is that they advertised it way too much like the Wii. It SHOULD have been given a separate name so people can know why this console is different. The Wii U is capable of great things, and admittedly this opinion is mostly shared by people who actually own the product. And this is because you only realize its potential when you start using it, not when you see it on a screen or youtube trailer, which is a huge difference. If they were to switch back to just playing it like XBone and the PS4, they would end up in the same situation. No one's going to buy the Wii U if you already have the other next gen consoles. You can even make the argument that they would be even worse off. And from experience, I can say that the Wii U tablet is much more comfortable to use than the Vita with the console. No one's going to use the Vita to play unless occasionally they want to have a change of pace. Most people don't even have a Vita anyway. The tablet on the other hand had a much bigger screen and is better designed to work with the console. Save for a few functions, the tablet outclasses it in several aspects.

Sixth-Sense said:
They are just making bad decisions all around, i really think they should've just focused on the 3ds and try to think of something that really is different to all of the other consoles AND handhelds, it seems like they forgot that smartphones are running the casual crowd these years
The 3DS is selling like hotcakes right now what are you talking about. And there really isn't anything else they could've done with the console with the technology we have right now; at least anything that would outclass the tablet.

tl;dr, The only major mistake they made is the marketing. The poor marketing strategies eventually lead to a variety of different problems, which are severely hurting them now.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Guys really try to eat healthy if you can, even if you have to pay more. You pay more now, and less on pharmaceutical drugs and hospital bills later in your life.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Unfortunately, xbox and ps4 have cod, bf4, and madde which will all sell like hotcakes. The average consumer for video games is a casual, and that's what casuals play nowadays, not nintendo games. Hell, the majority of the market hasn't even ever heard of the pikmin franchise and they regard mario and zelda games as something that little kids (or nerds) play.
Nintendo can't market to the casual audience, which is what made nintendo great in the past, pulling new casuals into the market with accessible products. But how that more "serious" games like cod, bf4, and skyrim are mainstream, nintendo loses out on most of its market, as causals want to play the games that they see ads for and hear about in the media all the time, not mario or zelda.
Nintendo can also not subsist entirely on nostalgia and series loyalty alone. They need to cater more towards a serious audience and attempt to stake out an unchanging market, much like PC gaming has done. They are well on this path with the development of their handheld consoles, and pokemon x and y would benefit them greatly on this front. However, they need to make more serious games or market their games to more serious players, which is why i'm not surprised that nintendo is finally forcing sakurai to accept the competitive smash scene, as it stakes out an exclusive market for nintendo.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Oh I thought you were referring to those insta meal things, but in all honesty if you can't afford fresh veggies the frozen ones are the better alternatives and aren't nearly as bad as all that other stuff, you could still make healthy meals with them

And don't try and pull the poor college student thing, everyone I know spends their money on alchohol every Friday night, and then they claim that they're broke lol
tuition, rent, utilities, phone, gas, food, insurance, etc.
I got bills to pay yo!
most of my friends still get a lot of support from their parents, only work part time, and then proceed to waste all their money and complain about being poor so trust me when I say I hear you on that one

I try to save where I can though so I can still have a small entertainment budget
I still manage to have internet and I go out a couple times a month, and that keeps me from going insane
luckily, having friends that waste their money often means I don't have to buy alcohol myself when we want to game and drink ha

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Those are more expensive than the healthier alternatives, fresh food is cheaper, look it up.

Ramen without the seasoning packets is really just rice noodles, which by itself isn't bad for you at all really. You can mix it with just about anything.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
What if.

Now bear with me.

What if.

Melee at MLG 2014.
Sakurai
Wii U
Sm4sh
Lets the top 4 playtest and give critical feedback to the game.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
What if.

Now bear with me.

What if.

Melee at MLG 2014.
Sakurai
Wii U
Sm4sh
Lets the top 4 playtest and give critical feedback to the game.

Oh, we can only dream. EVEN BETTER....PMBR get's to smuggle coding roots from him, after disrespecting his Falcon in dittoes. He will taste the fury of thousands of nerfed knees....

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So I was thinking about something today. I remember somewhere it was stated that due to having changed Brawl Falcos reflector to no longer kick that he gained to ability to instantly jump after reflecting a projectile which Fox can't do.
Wouldn't it be possible to clone Fox into one of the new slots and re-build Falco from there so that the reflecting bug is no longer there?

This is all just hypothetical so don't take it too serious, I'm just interested to know if that would be an easier fix to the bug or if it would cause a whole lot more problems because assigning things like record data and whatnot.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
but do tell me, what other potential does it have, the few times i've used it (friend) it just seems like a gaming tablet, with the option of playing on the TV when no one is using it, what else does it have?
It just feels really fresh and fun to use. You can constantly switch between using the tablet, the pro controller (if supported) or the Wii remote. Initially, this doesn't seem like much, but it makes the experience more dynamic. The interactivity between the TV and the tablet is fun to mess with, the graphics and FPS on the tablet almost matches the Wii U in 1080p, and you can carry it around while not looking at the game. The analog sticks are well-placed, and they fit well with your fingers. All-in-all, it's just a really comfortable controller with a lot of flexible features, and if you don't want to use it for a while, you have a perfectly fine alternative.
It's easier to see if you actually get the console tbh. It doesn't seem like much just reading it, but it's a very good controller and you'll immediately see why after using it.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
So I was thinking about something today. I remember somewhere it was stated that due to having changed Brawl Falcos reflector to no longer kick that he gained to ability to instantly jump after reflecting a projectile which Fox can't do.
Wouldn't it be possible to clone Fox into one of the new slots and re-build Falco from there so that the reflecting bug is no longer there?

This is all just hypothetical so don't take it too serious, I'm just interested to know if that would be an easier fix to the bug or if it would cause a whole lot more problems because assigning things like record data and whatnot.

whoa thats new to me, never knew he could do that

Top Bottom