• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Only the PMBR is capable of making Monday more appealing than a weekend.
So much of this. I don't think I've ever wanted a weekend to hurry the hell up and pass so I could get to Monday ever before in my life until this day. XD

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'd have an easier time following if you gave some examples of the traits you're specifically hinting at.
Lets take Ivysaur and Wolf as two examples here, as I feel they actually have a bit in common and I don't feel like picking on some other chars at the moment and are generally seen as two of the better/best characters in 2.6.

Both characters have an incredibly powerful diagonal kill tool that requires proper positioning of the foe to hit right, as well as a safe means of getting the foes diagonally airborne to begin positioning. Ivysaur has Back Air which not only hits foes into the air and to the side (perfect for a plethora of other moves) but also hits twice and covers a huge area, making it a reliable way to control momentum as it keeps foes at bay on top of potentially starting an offensive. She also has Razor leaf to control space for a good deal of time, which leads to either a Bair or Grab, the latter of which can lead to an easy diagonal kill if she has Solar Beam or a Vine Whip (harder to actually hit, but doesn't require the charge-up). Similarly, Wolf has his Shine that sends foes up at a diagonal which he can send out once he gets in, which is not too hard of a task given his blaster which covers a lot of space for a lengthy amount of time combined with his impressive speed, which leads into his aerial game for Fair or Side B finishes.

On the flip side, a character like say DDD has an amazing grab game, but everything else feels disjointed aside from throw offstage -> try to gimp. Everything else doesn't seem to mesh as well as say, Wolf's gameplan which not only feeds into itself, but has incredible reward for doing so. A similar example could be Falco where his gameplan is to for the most part deal out vertical combos that convert into a vertical kill (Spike), which is supplemented by his ability to again control space to get in with the moves that send foes into that key spot (above him) in order to begin a pillar and dictate momentum for a time, which then leads to his ability to finish the foe off. Like Wolf, his gameplan feeds into itself but then he even has a bit more options still using the original playstyle (thanks in part to huge amounts of time spent exploring him, but also by the nature of his moves / attributes). Again on the flipside, Squirtle has great speed going for him as well as Bubble, but it seems like he is missing something of a real "edge" like how when Ivysaur pops a foe into the diagonal space that keeps him back (along with in my opinion slightly less reward for the amount of stuff he usually ends up doing vs a foe that somebody like Ivy accomplishes by throwing a leaf and reading the reaction).

Most likely overly simplified yeah, but this is something that's been in the back of my head for a while that I though I should let out: the more your moveset feeds into a winning strategy, the more likely the character will excel.

Vilain

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if there will be a PM Installer for the 3.0. I mean a file like "pminstaller.exe".

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
A question for PMBR members.
Will a code be released which allows us to use Turbo in Single Player modes?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
A question for PMBR members.
Will a code be released which allows us to use Turbo in Single Player modes?
I'm not PMBR, but the "Turbo" being added in 3.0 will be replacing the effects of the Superspicy Curry item. So if you happen to find one in Single Player modes like Classic, then congrats, you just went turbo ape-sh** on a CPU in Solo play.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'm not PMBR, but the "Turbo" being added in 3.0 will be replacing the effects of the Superspicy Curry item. So if you happen to find one in Single Player modes like Classic, then congrats, you just went turbo ape-sh** on a CPU in Solo play.
I think they said that they would release a standalone code that will make every gamemode turbo mode so that you can play it in singleplayer modes.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So will we just need to take the code out of the gct to have it back to normal?

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
So when they say this will be released on Dec9, do they mean early morning (0 o'clock-ish) , or at midnight (12 o'clock-ish) or what?
Because I don't want to have to wait until the 10th because it releases at 23:59 on the 9th.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
It'll be released "when it's ready" which may or may not actually fall on the 9th in your time zone.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
It'll be released "when it's ready" which may or may not actually fall on the 9th in your time zone.
Yeah, I was scared I'd have to hear that.
Now counting down for two weeks seems kinda pointless.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, like, you could add 24 hours to your countdown and then be super happy when it releases "early."

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'll take Majora's Mask 3DS instead.

Same game, better save system. Portable Perfection.
This. We've been clamoring for one for a while, Ocarina of Time 3D sold like hotcakes, they already remade Wind Waker for the Wii U, we got A Link to the Past sequel, what title left needs love? Grezzo could work on it while Nintendo focuses on Zelda Wii U. It can't be that hard to make since a lot of the assets can be borrowed from OoT 3D.

I think they're saving it as a last resort for when the company really needs it, and are reassuring us they haven't forgotten about MM. Kinda like Square and how they're ambivalent about making an FF7 remake.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I wonder if the GSC works nicely with Project M lol, I feel like doing some dumb stuff at school.
It does, actually. I once put in the GSC along with unlimited jumps, getting FSes after dishing out 200% damage and holding Y on the Gamecube Controller to run in midair. Me and my friends had an absolute blast. XD

It's a shame I don't have it anymore. :<

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
The site is going to go down long before the files even get uploaded. Too many people compulsively refreshing, trying to get it right when it goes live.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I really wish there was a way that they could track downloads on mirrors and just add it to the Project M sites' automated total, because that's why they won't be uploading any mirrors.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
This is way too much of a coincidence to be posted at the same time as the countdown. I also freaked out and checked the site to see if MM/SK was actually a brand new character.
Didn't Nintendo do a poll a while back where users voted on what character they'd like to see most in Smash 4? And didn't Skull Kid win that? Heh, that seems like a big middle finger to all of those people who voted if he is just an assist trophy.

I also remember from that poll that the 4chan community had Dunsparce running as one of the top contenders lol

MLGF

Smash Lord
Let's be reasonable, Dunsparce has a large and legitimate fanbase and 4Chan is filled with honest people who just wanted to support their favorite mon.
In other news, I now am in full support of Dunsparce in Project M, if Nintendo won't take that poll seriously, it's up to PM:BR to really deliver what the fans want.

I'm cereal.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Didn't Nintendo do a poll a while back where users voted on what character they'd like to see most in Smash 4? And didn't Skull Kid win that? Heh, that seems like a big middle finger to all of those people who voted if he is just an assist trophy.

I also remember from that poll that the 4chan community had Dunsparce running as one of the top contenders lol
Nintendo:Screw your opinions, we are making our game just like Brawl and we`re going to use a bull**** reason like "We want to appeal to the less verbal Brawl fans."

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
It's funny because I had heard of another poll, where Mewtwo and Waluigi were competing for first place.
Guess which character was being promoted by trolls :I

CORY

wut
BRoomer
We have protection against that. But watch the site get KO'd due to the high traffic anyway on the 9th.
yeah, i'm kind of glad it's on a monday, since i won't be able to really play it til friday, anyway. let's me just wait out the site downtime (and mirror site downtimes >.>) and not stress over it ; p

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
They need to up the quality for Dream Land.
760p Dream Land would be too pro.

Top Bottom