• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
same here, the age is a big factor in weather mommy and daddy let you go to a strangers house to play smash haha, but yeah its still amazing to me how the smash community seems to have a good chunk of people that i would think don't have time to play videogames any more
Well, let's hope the veterans can keep this going so we can eventually join.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm 22, I have college, and a full time job but I make time to play.
I miss a lack of responsibility sometimes (and by sometimes I mean all times).

**** paying bills
I pay bills and then have no money left for alcohol
how am I supposed to play smashed Smash without alcohol

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
yo pmbr is filled with dirty liars

they told us winter 2013 and this **** is being released during fall
pmbr please delay until december 21st and keep your word
#scumbagpmbr
It's not lying if it's not intentional misinformation.
PMBR confirmed for not knowing season dates?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I'm 22, I have college, and a full time job but I make time to play.
I miss a lack of responsibility sometimes (and by sometimes I mean all times).

**** paying bills
I pay bills and then have no money left for alcohol
how am I supposed to play smashed Smash without alcohol
You can't shine properly when you're smashed though :o All you can do is struggle! Fox used Struggle! Fox hurt himself in his confusion!

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
PMBR knows everything, they're the Illuminati. :denzel:
On another note, just picked up this little beauty off Amazon for $15 during Cyber Monday sales.
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
It'll be my first bullet hell type game, so I seriously hope this impulse buy wasn't a waste.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
This thread is so funny!

Roy and Mewtwo...They're coming for us in a few days.

cmart

Smash Lord
On another note, just picked up this little beauty off Amazon for $15 during Cyber Monday sales.
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
It'll be my first bullet hell type game, so I seriously hope this impulse buy wasn't a waste.

This game is the ****. You won't be disappointed, and cave games have a decent difficulty curve so you won't be hating yourself too quickly.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
Bullet hells are great, so long as you focus more on moving through the waves of fire than holding down the trigger and blowing everything to hell.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
This game is the ****. You won't be disappointed, and cave games have a decent difficulty curve so you won't be hating yourself too quickly.
Awesome, can't wait to pop this baby in after finals and play it through. If it turns out that I like it a lot I'll be sure to pick up more games by Cave like Akai Katana and DonDonPachi. I was thinking of buying those as well since they were fairly cheap, but I'll see what happens after I play this one.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
what the **** happened to kinklink i just realized he disappeared

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Just a general heads up. Oro?! and Rat are coming to my place tomorrow, and there is a good chance that we will stream. Possibly 3.0, but that's not up to me. But if you want to see two of IL's best beat me a lot, I will post the link here tomorrow.

Urielhelix

Smash Cadet
I play deathsmiles all the time! I can't put it down. I actually started trying to beat the game with only 3 lives!!! I was so ****ing close the other day!!!! Hyperrcrow, you will love it!

Korrag

Smash Cadet
NNID
Korrag
Am I the only one who thinks the new HUD is a bit odd? I'm so used to the timer in the top right so it just looks strange in the middle to me, and I feel without the names under the percent it looks like something is missing. I could probably adapt over time but from looking at videos it just seems off to me.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Apparently I'm the first person in this thread who literally doesn't know who this is.

Based on his picture it really makes me wonder why any of you do either.
He's from a show back in the day that aired on Disney Channel called "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody". I don't know how old the others in this thread are, but I was around 12 or so when I watched that show back in 06 so it's not too strange for me to know.

I'm gonna guess somewhere around 5PM Central time. Rat probably won't be at my house until 8ish though if it's anything like last time we hung out.
Ah, that's only a one hour time zone difference so hopefully I'll be able to tune in.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
It feels so good to have 4 working controllers again guys.

The Hype was real earlier today, and we don't even have 3.0. So many fun matches, so much laughing and pure fun.

It was glorious. 4 MORE DAYS.

Back to waiting for a game update to finish.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Probably just referring to the fact that you have shots of it saying "Project M Demo 2.6b" instead of 3.0, but maaaaybe he's eluding to the fact that they somehow fixed the 2GB SD card thing hypeeeeeeeeee

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks the new HUD is a bit odd? I'm so used to the timer in the top right so it just looks strange in the middle to me, and I feel without the names under the percent it looks like something is missing. I could probably adapt over time but from looking at videos it just seems off to me.
Change is good. No names is better. When you're in the middle of a match, who wants to be looking at a ton of needless info at the bottom of the screen? Character portraits, stocks, and percentages are all that is needed. Minimalism is the way to go.

I prefer the timer in the middle. If you want to check the timer, it should be right smack in the center and not way off in the corner. This will be especially helpful on Yoshi's Story for anticipating the appearance of Randall.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ I so called that **** in IRC

I was like, somebody's gonna do the Majora's Mask title cards for a countdown

And I am so OK with this <3 <3 <3 <3

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
My friend has been referencing Majora's Mask everyday for a week and a half.
I'm not tired of it.

Kati

Smash Lord
what the **** happened to kinklink i just realized he disappeared
I totally just thought he reincarnated as kally wally, but I really have no evidence.

Only the PMBR is capable of making Monday more appealing than a weekend.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Majora's Mask will forever be referenced in anticipation of something huge.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain Kinky died and got reincarnated as Kally Wally. Like, 87.6% certain.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Is it just me, or do the -really- good characters all seem to have 2~ish moves that are EXTREMELY good, that the rest of their moveset / attributes happen to support and thus make a winning strategy/playstyle? Other characters that aren't quite "up there" either have just one "great" move with limited ways to use it or lead into/out of it, or simply have an array of "good" moves with no means of pushing one big advantage their way. The best characters seem to be the ones who have a very GOOD trait in their favor that can be lead into multiple ways, and the less ways you can lead into your trait and/or the less "great" said abilities are, the lesser the character seems overall...

Just my 2 cents from random observations

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Is it just me, or do the -really- good characters all seem to have 2~ish moves that are EXTREMELY good, that the rest of their moveset / attributes happen to support and thus make a winning strategy/playstyle? Other characters that aren't quite "up there" either have just one "great" move with limited ways to use it or lead into/out of it, or simply have an array of "good" moves with no means of pushing one big advantage their way. The best characters seem to be the ones who have a very GOOD trait in their favor that can be lead into multiple ways, and the less ways you can lead into your trait and/or the less "great" said abilities are, the lesser the character seems overall...

Just my 2 cents from random observations

I'd have an easier time following if you gave some examples of the traits you're specifically hinting at.

Top Bottom