• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
But there's still no reflections or splashes... :(
Are those damage icons for real? I like the old ones more.

Yeah true, but it still looks amazing from what i can see

You do? Your one of the few people i've seen that likes the old brawl ones, i personally like these new ones much better, its a lot smaller and the icons aren't covering the entire bottom screen, plus they finally removed the names, i don't know about you but i think having the names on their is pretty useless since practically everyone knows the name of the character their using (or at least i hope so)

Fortress

Smash Master
I'm with what seems to be a large portion of folk who don't really like the new HUD elements. I mean, yeah, we can just change them in our own builds, so ultimately it doesn't matter, but don't these seem better? Plus, they're being developed and discussed right here on the P:M boards.

I would just die for that second one. I want it so badly.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I found the originals way too cluttered with info and details and the stocks can be hard to see. The one in the video is much cleaner although I am a big fan of the custom built ones.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I love the 3.0 HUD. I used that one during 2.5, but I stopped using it once 2.6 came out because it wasn't updated. I'm glad that PM has adopted a more aesthetically-sexy HUD for the official release.

EDIT: Just realized that the 3.0 HUD is not the one I used to use. Still, I like it a lot better than the cluttered Brawl one.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Curious as to what engine fixes you're hoping for.

To some of us, Project: M feels better than Melee (myself included), save for some of the slightest things.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I remember when 2.1 was around and 2.5's input delay fix was announced it was mostly what got me hyped for that demo (also ledge tech and characters...)

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
4 More days!Can't believe I actually want the weekend to end.

Gotta buy a new sd card this weekend or next week will suck.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping they fix these things, its just that PM doesn't feel as good as melee (especially fox, falco and falcon) hopefully this will be the demo that finally gets me to migrate to PM for good
On a 3.0 stream, I think TKO was saying that dash-dancing felt subtly different to him, which gives me hope that the 1-frame physics delay is gone.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
Curious as to what engine fixes you're hoping for.

To some of us, Project: M feels better than Melee (myself included), save for some of the slightest things.

Yeah of course, it is personal opinion of course, but my main gripes as a melee player is mostly:

- techs not carrying momentum
- shield mechanics--pushback, light shield-- not currently implemented
- landing detection (as in landing with feet and not your knees like melee)
- tethers not working on any part of the stage other than the edge (i have a problem with this since it makes coming back to the stage brain dead compared to melee wall tethers, plus characters with tethers are actually losing out on tons of options with their recovery)
- that 1 frame of lag (i think this is the biggest paper cut in PM)
- Throws have static release points in project m whereas in melee the release point changed based on (I think?) weight or some other per-character basis
- Wavedashing still feels clunky and slow compared to melee, but this is probably bc of the rest of the issues

thats pretty much the big ones that i know of, theres supposedly a lot more minor things that contribute to the difference between the two. Of course this goes mostly for the melee vets like fox, falco and falcon who feel like they gained weight or something, but theres other characters (mostly brawl) that don't feel bad but only bc its my first time using them in this environment, so i can only imagine how great lucas's wd could feel or who wolf in general would feel with the very same engine

so yeah, thats what i'm hoping for, sorry for the rant though

B.W.

Smash Champion
I mostly only wish Melee Shields were a thing, and it'd be nice to have Melee Tethers back but I could live without them.

Techs as they are don't bother me, and someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't characters landing with their knees already in the game? I thought that was fixed in like 2.0 or something.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Landing detection is proper like Melee. It simply has a couple of bugs with certain types of collisions.

And I don't ever expect Melee tethers to come back. I know PMBR is capable of crazy things, but that's a pretty monumental task and I wouldn't be surprised if Brawl tethers were hardcoded to some degree.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
Landing detection is proper like Melee. It simply has a couple of bugs with certain types of collisions.

And I don't ever expect Melee tethers to come back. I know PMBR is capable of crazy things, but that's a pretty monumental task and I wouldn't be surprised if Brawl tethers were hardcoded to some degree.

yeah that does actually seem unlikely, then again a working clone engine seemed alot more "impossible" in my eyes

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Make sure to try the controller reset trick (X, Y, and Start) for c-stick problems before you give up hope.

Otherwise, scope out some new controllers, the White ones work real nice, they just get mixed up easily at tourneys if you don't have your's marked
I love you so much.

FOUR CONTROLLERS HAVE BEEN SAVED.

THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!

iLink

Smash Champion
- Throws have static release points in project m whereas in melee the release point changed based on (I think?) weight or some other per-character basis

Pretty sure throw animation length is character weight dependent. That was the reason IC had to learn different timings for the chaingrabs in Brawl.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Make sure to try the controller reset trick (X, Y, and Start) for c-stick problems before you give up hope.

Otherwise, scope out some new controllers, the White ones work real nice, they just get mixed up easily at tourneys if you don't have your's marked
how is this different from just unplugging and replugging the controller?

Also, P:M is 1 entrant away from 200 at apex.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I have a question about the program project smash attacks

When I try to save anything the program freezes and messes up the file,even when I open it and press save with no edits.Does anybody have a version that works or is it something wrong with my computer?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
how is this different from just unplugging and replugging the controller?
I don't know but I have unplugged and replugged those controllers over 40 times in an attempt to get them to work.

All I know is that the reset is real and its HYPE.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
@Jade_Rock

Happens to me too. If you haven't made any changes and are worried, wouldn't it work to just not save?

Also why are you using PSA? If its just for viewing frame data, you may want to try Brawlbox .67, as it also lets you view hitboxes.

Bombitty

Smash Cadet
Also, I think my favorite part about the new HUD is the fact that timer is centered, it looks real nice and natural.
Ehh. I disagree. With the timer being so bold and blocky, it feels more like when the mouse is on screen during a presentation.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
@Jade_Rock

Happens to me too. If you haven't made any changes and are worried, wouldn't it work to just not save?

Also why are you using PSA? If its just for viewing frame data, you may want to try Brawlbox .67, as it also lets you view hitboxes.
I am trying to change stuff I was just trying to test it and see if changing stuff was causing the problem,which it wasn't.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I have to have 2 important finals done by dec 9th. What s****y timing.
That's actually pretty awesome timing if those are your only important finals. Its not likely to be out very early on the 9th, its probably more likely to drop sometime in the late evening that day. I feel more sympathy for others like me who have finals later during the week.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
Just gonna say that I'm really hoping for an engine change blogpost too! Hope they do one soon!

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I dunno how exactly I'd even improve on that lmao

I might try it again from scratch, but I kind of gave up w/ any ideas when I realizing how limited HUD modding was (IIRC shun_one just straight-up learned most of HUD modding on his own when the closest the public smash modding community got with it before was a couple of mockups, props to him)

Top Bottom