• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

iLink

Smash Champion
That's actually pretty awesome timing if those are your only important finals. Its not likely to be out very early on the 9th, its probably more likely to drop sometime in the late evening that day. I feel more sympathy for others like me who have finals later during the week.

It means I'm probably going to be working for the entire day and won't get to play until the next day. Although in retrospect, it might not even be out until the day after.

Kati

Smash Lord
From the known issues/bug thread:

"All physics and movement take effect 1 frame late"

Would this be the primary reason why melee players describe P:M as sticky or unresponsive? I didn't see any other issue on the list, but before checking I thought that the most glaring gameplay issue was character's friction while shielding.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
From the known issues/bug thread:

"All physics and movement take effect 1 frame late"

Would this be the primary reason why melee players describe P:M as sticky or unresponsive? I didn't see any other issue on the list, but before checking I thought that the most glaring gameplay issue was character's friction while shielding.

I truly think this is the biggest cause for how it feels compared to melee, i'm pretty sure its the reason why wavedashing feels so clunky as well

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
People really get so upset if their demo gaming is delayed a day or two because of real life?

In my experience, I will be incredibly hype for getting something on day one, play until I can't stay awake anymore, then when other things get in the way maybe not play it for up to a week after that, then pick it up again.

I guess what I'm saying is the hype is more real during the anticipation than the reality of playing.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Usmash is so bad
doesn't even hit on frame 1
marth tier garbage
shine is the only kill move you need

Kati

Smash Lord
PM is only clunky if melee is your reference. My friends who use P:M as their basis for smash describe melee the exact same way.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
PM is only clunky if melee is your reference. My friends who use P:M as their basis for smash describe melee the exact same way.

it is my reference, not to mention the reference of a lot of other players who are coming in from melee, but its true, if you've never played smash before or brawl, then PM will feel just right or a lot faster for the brawl players

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Hell, I'd be okay if PM is delayed released on Hawaii time because I was originally expecting a "Winter 2013" release. We're already getting the thing about two weeks before the initially announced time.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
"Clunky" is not even a real descriptor and gets ambiguously thrown around a lot despite having literally no meaning. I personally disregard any posts that use that to describe a game, especially if it's used as a complaint.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
yo pmbr is filled with dirty liars

they told us winter 2013 and this **** is being released during fall
pmbr please delay until december 21st and keep your word
#scumbagpmbr

MLGF

Smash Lord
People really get so upset if their demo gaming is delayed a day or two because of real life?

In my experience, I will be incredibly hype for getting something on day one, play until I can't stay awake anymore, then when other things get in the way maybe not play it for up to a week after that, then pick it up again.

I guess what I'm saying is the hype is more real during the anticipation then the reality of playing.
Personally, I'm not too mad about a few days... this feels normal for a PM update TBH. I'm loaded with Finals until Wednesday, but I should be fine afterward... even though I go on vacation afterward. I think they have Wii's there, so I'll just bring my SD card. Anyways, a week off isn't going to kill anyone, it's not like it won't be here when you're free.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
it is my reference, not to mention the reference of a lot of other players who are coming in from melee, but its true, if you've never played smash before or brawl, then PM will feel just right or a lot faster for the brawl players
Nope.

Don't generalize and try to claim that PM feels off to anyone who isn't a Brawl player or a newcomer.

I migrated to PM from Melee and, having played PM for several months, I don't like going back to Melee. It feels less smooth and less technical to me. Each frame of every animation in PM is unique, so players who are used to Melee's simpler and less-detailed animations might feel that it's slow/clunky/whatever because they're seeing more animation, even though it's exactly the same (except for that 1-frame delay, which will most likely be fixed eventually).

Plus, no one is ever going to fix the problems/limitations of Melee. But PM is updated and improved every few months, and that is truly glorious.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
Nope.

Don't generalize and try to claim that PM feels off to anyone who isn't a Brawl player or a newcomer.

I migrated to PM from Melee and, having played PM for several months, I don't like going back to Melee. It feels less smooth and less technical to me. Each frame of every animation in PM is unique, so players who are used to Melee's simpler and less-detailed animations might feel that it's slow/clunky/whatever because they're seeing more animation, even though it's exactly the same (except for that 1-frame delay, which will most likely be fixed eventually).

Plus, no one is ever going to fix the problems/limitations of Melee. But PM is updated and improved every few months, and that is truly glorious.

thats why i said a lot of other players, i didn't say every melee player thinks it feels off or slow

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
yo pmbr is filled with dirty liars

they told us winter 2013 and this **** is being released during fall
pmbr please delay until december 21st and keep your word
#scumbagpmbr
Those ******** never release on time. First, they release it a few hours late in the last release. Now they release it 12 days early? Who do they think they are?!

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
pmbr should have like 10 thousand mirrors for the inevitable downtime when the game comes out

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
holy **** i can't believe the star of one of my favorite series is actually a PM fan!

You guys can not **** up now, an entire community and Zack are on the line
Wow I didn't realize Project M fans were so young.

Top Bottom