• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Sharla can be fun late/end game when you can put out Thunder Bullets super quickly that do thousands of damage.

Not super sure about Riki (I typically focus on ether arts personally but he's got some interesting tools), but Dunban I find can be built one of two ways. You either control him and make him an agility tank or you use Heat Haze and go all out offensive while someone else tanks. The only thing that changes with certainty is your choice of stances in this regard. Evasion tank Dunban goes well with Serene Heart and either Peerless or Jaws of Death (depends on whether you want to shorten a fight overall or have some protection). I would say that Gale Slash, Worldly Slash, and Tempest Strike are all givens regardless of build. Thunder is fun for goofy Chain Attack setups and can near-guarantee smash an Arts tag if you want to forcibly stop an enemy. Electric Gutbuster and Steel Strike grant Dunban a solo Topple setup, but the long cooldown on SS has me preferring other arts. Final Flicker is an awesome way to get Blossom Dance back up faster if you're not worried about HP. I ignore Demon Slayer as the cooldown is quite long and a bit situational. Battle Eye is great in single-target fights and stacks well when gemming/linking for Double Attack (like the skill link that turns all DA's into criticals).
Well, I currently have Riki with Hero Time, Happy Happy, You Can Do It, Tantrum, Bitey Bitey, Lurgy, Freezinate, and Burninate. I just pretty much let him do his thing and stuff works out lol and he helps to keep aggro away from Melia.

Dunban has Spirit Breath, Serene Heart, Peerless, Thunder, Gale Slash, Tempest Kick, Worldly Slash, and Blinding Blossom. I really can't decide if I should give him Heat Haze or not, I don't control him or anything (because there is no way in hell I'm going to let the AI control Melia, or even Shulk, and I don't like the idea of not having one (and only one) of them in my party) but I don't really want him to lose Aggro stuff as the less Melia gets aggro'd the better.

Mellia right now is the easiest one to get worked out with Arts but I know I'm going to have a horrible time deciding when I get more Summon Arts, currently she has Summon Wind, Summon Flaer, Summon Copy, Summon Bolt, Spear Break, Starlight Kick, Mind Blast, and Burst End. I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to make room for more Summon Arts as she learns them. I can, maybe, sacrifice Summon Wind since I don't really use the buff feature that much as from the Ether Up from Bolt (and Summon Copy by extension) so that her discharges are more powerful, and Burst End has been rather bleh so far.

The first time I've played the game my team was pretty much Shulk, Reyn and Sharla the whole time. Shulk offensive, Reyn tank and Sharla support. Only some of the battles forced me into changing the team. You just had one of them.
I'm sure you can play through the entire game with any team, as the game isn't that hard (The only times I have died is taking on UMs when I shouldn't have in the early game (Tephra Cave early) and once way later into the game against a boss (the boss in the High Entia Tomb)), still doesn't mean it is good though. Shulk/Reyn/Sharla is rather weak from what I have experienced, Sharla messed up chains soooooo much and just slowed Shulk and Reyn down with her low DPS. I know a lot of people use this tea, for their first play-through because of how the game traps into thinking they are necessary but I didn't fall for the trap, well not for long anyway (I stayed with that party until I got to, like, the early phase of Makna Forest).

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I'm not sad I didn't get any. I'm sad because my buddies left me alone to drink because they're a bunch of horndogs. Seriously, who does that?

Also, best of luck. Knock her dead. Or don't, if you're not into necrophilia.
**** me this helsong guy is good

Controlled_Chaos

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone.

Dont know where to post this, so Ill try here. (Anything goes in the social thread, right?)

So I want to record stuff and set up a stream. I looked around for help, but it was really hard. Searches on smashboards and google brought up unrelated things (I searched "How to record project m" and brawl.)

The Brawl threads is really outdated, they're from 2006 to 2009. Are they still good threads? Also found this:

http://meleeiton.me/2014/04/18/c_naughts-console-capture-crash-course-part-1/

This article is a year old and no other parts exist. This brought up terms i don't know, like AV Splitters and this whole sentence "It only accepts component and HDMI input, so you’ll need a Wii with component cables to record on it, as well as a monitor that accepts HDMI to output the video feed onto."

I found some small threads, but they all had low budgets. I don't, I got around 400 $ to spend on smash. (I don't need to spend it all ofc :p ) I got strong PC's and I'm playing on old TV's with wii.

Sorry to bother with long post, but please help me. I want to contribute to PM (and salty highlights).

...Or if you don't know, pleae tell me where to post this (or create new thread)

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
roommate loves MLP and started to watch through it again with me present and for ****'s sake this show is really good

@ MechWarriorNY MechWarriorNY is the new Transformers show good? I remember seeing a preview and being turned off by the choppy animation style

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Hello everyone.

Dont know where to post this, so Ill try here. (Anything goes in the social thread, right?)

So I want to record stuff and set up a stream. I looked around for help, but it was really hard. Searches on smashboards and google brought up unrelated things (I searched "How to record project m" and brawl.)

The Brawl threads is really outdated, they're from 2006 to 2009. Are they still good threads? Also found this:

http://meleeiton.me/2014/04/18/c_naughts-console-capture-crash-course-part-1/

This article is a year old and no other parts exist. This brought up terms i don't know, like AV Splitters and this whole sentence "It only accepts component and HDMI input, so you’ll need a Wii with component cables to record on it, as well as a monitor that accepts HDMI to output the video feed onto."

I found some small threads, but they all had low budgets. I don't, I got around 400 $ to spend on smash. (I don't need to spend it all ofc :p ) I got strong PC's and I'm playing on old TV's with wii.

Sorry to bother with long post, but please help me. I want to contribute to PM (and salty highlights).

...Or if you don't know, pleae tell me where to post this (or create new thread)
Buy asus 1ms monitor
Buy wii2hdmi converter
Buy Elgato
Done

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
B and C got back together, A and D hooked up. I was stuck drinking alone in the living room.
Joke's on them, though. They're now incredibly hungover, sleep-deprived, and regret everything. I am mostly ok, save for a bruised self-esteem and this goddamn knee jesus ****ing christ why does it hurt.
oh man that's kind of depressing

sorry

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
God I don't even remember posting in this thread. SmUsh wasn't too bad but the only things about it that really impressed me were 8 player smash and how pretty it looks. Approaching was so frustrating and I couldn't really find a character that was fun to play as... I guess DDD was okay.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I'm sure you can play through the entire game with any team, as the game isn't that hard (The only times I have died is taking on UMs when I shouldn't have in the early game (Tephra Cave early) and once way later into the game against a boss (the boss in the High Entia Tomb)), still doesn't mean it is good though. Shulk/Reyn/Sharla is rather weak from what I have experienced, Sharla messed up chains soooooo much and just slowed Shulk and Reyn down with her low DPS. I know a lot of people use this tea, for their first play-through because of how the game traps into thinking they are necessary but I didn't fall for the trap, well not for long anyway (I stayed with that party until I got to, like, the early phase of Makna Forest).
From my experience, the battle in the High Entia Tomb is near impossible with Shulk and Sharla. Shulk's Monado will only deal 1 damage no matter what attack you use to the girl, and Sharla does **** damage.

Then there's a somewhat late boss battle with a boss that can summon other monsters, and both the boss and the monsters have very high defense stats for physical attacks. I don't think you can defeat that boss without Melia in the team.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Signups for Paragon went up today. me and @Jolteon already signed up, you butts better get out there
Everyone better sign up asap otherwise if you register late, "Yes, you can still register in person at the event, but the venue fee will be doubled to $60 in addition to the $10 entrance fee for each game. We will be accepting credit and debit cards as well as cash at the venue to pay for registration fees. You will also be placed in a seperate pool consisting only of late registrants coined as the 'Death Pool'. This pool is not round robin like the other pools but double elimination, and then the two winners of the death pool will play each other in the first round of the semifinals bracket."

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Everyone better sign up asap otherwise if you register late, "Yes, you can still register in person at the event, but the venue fee will be doubled to $60 in addition to the $10 entrance fee for each game. We will be accepting credit and debit cards as well as cash at the venue to pay for registration fees. You will also be placed in a seperate pool consisting only of late registrants coined as the 'Death Pool'. This pool is not round robin like the other pools but double elimination, and then the two winners of the death pool will play each other in the first round of the semifinals bracket."
Inb4 only two people sign up late and get auto bys to semi finals loool

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
From my experience, the battle in the High Entia Tomb is near impossible with Shulk and Sharla. Shulk's Monado will only deal 1 damage no matter what attack you use to the girl, and Sharla does **** damage.

Then there's a somewhat late boss battle with a boss that can summon other monsters, and both the boss and the monsters have very high defense stats for physical attacks. I don't think you can defeat that boss without Melia in the team.
I thought that part in the Entia Tomb was really well designed,
Because at the beginning when Reyn picks up the Monado and strikes Fiora with it, they explain that the blade can only affect Mechons. The people you fight in the tomb aren't Mechons, so that's why Shulk does 1 damage. Really good attention to detail, and also acts as a foreshadowing to later events.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Because at the beginning when Reyn picks up the Monado and strikes Fiora with it, they explain that the blade can only affect Mechons. The people you fight in the tomb aren't Mechons, so that's why Shulk does 1 damage. Really good attention to detail, and also acts as a foreshadowing to later events.
There was a part before the High Entia Tomb that showed off the same thing, but like 5 times as much lol.

Either way I didn't use Shulk for that fight at all since I had my fully party back. I lost that fight the one time because I focused on beating the girl first instead of the Telethia.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Actually, the reason is that the blade can't harm sentient beings. It affects Mechons just like it affects any other monster: because they are not sentient beings. That's why the Faced Mechons were made. When Zanza frees the Monado the blade isn't affected anymore by that rule so it can harm anything and anyone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yo ripple

wanna team for paragon

for real this time

best sheik / best ddd sounds like a ****ing nightmare lmao

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ Bleck Bleck Right? MLP only seems dumb, and then you actually watch it.
With dudes like Discord, King Sombra and Tirek on board, things get heavy FAST, eek!.
As for the TF stuff, watch through Transformers Prime(which is an absolutely godlike show) first, because Robots in Disguise is the sequel to that anyway lol. Your mileage may(/will) vary on RiD, but probably not on TFP.

Re: dating/( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) material/romance stuff, I'm...not sure why I even made this part of the post.
Not like I'm worth that sort of trouble anyway.

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
It's okay, we all know you're cooler then all them.

Since talking about girls/boys/dating in general seems to be in vogue:
There are basically 2 girls in my uni's smash club. One is one of my best friends and has a boyfriend in Chicago. The other one I'd played some friendlies with in the past but didn't chat much besides some general advice stuff. On Thursday after the club's tournament we played like 2 hours of friendlies and actually talked and got a little flirtatious, but nothing that was hugely telling. So then yesterday I was on campus, and I played with one of my friends until my fingers started hurting (too much Fox for like 3 days straight) so I decided I should stop, so I left his place and realized I didn't really want to go home, but I was bored being on campus. So the girl invites me to chill with her and her friends and watch a movie and hang around.

Long story short, I was there until 2, she's totally into me, her friends like me, and apparently now I'm taking her to a formal dance. Tomorrow.
No tether grabs, gotta wait till you know each other better

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Drunk DDR is a terrible idea. My knee hurts so bad right now. It's not broken...I think.
Otherwise, drunk SmUsh is pretty fun.

B and C got back together, A and D hooked up. I was stuck drinking alone in the living room.
Joke's on them, though. They're now incredibly hungover, sleep-deprived, and regret everything. I am mostly ok, save for a bruised self-esteem and this goddamn knee jesus ****ing christ why does it hurt.
Oh, and I got them to try PM. Borderless Stamina mode is the greatest thing ever. PMDT, I love you all so much(clockwise in each orifice starting from your left ear).
Did you look strong? Cause at the end of the day, when they're recollecting the events, the first thing that'll come to mind is "Damn, Helsong was drinking strong last night. Looked pretty strong too. Damn. Last night was a mistake. I wasn't suppose to be with you C/D. It was suppose to be Helsong."

Long story short, I was there until 2, she's totally into me, her friends like me, and apparently now I'm taking her to a formal dance. Tomorrow.
Look strong, dress strong, dance strong. LIVE STRONG.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Did you look strong? Cause at the end of the day, when they're recollecting the events, the first thing that'll come to mind is "Damn, Helsong was drinking strong last night. Looked pretty strong too. Damn. Last night was a mistake. I wasn't suppose to be with you C/D. It was suppose to be Helsong."
I looked plenty strong. I styled on them in DDR(knee non-withstanding) and out-drank all of them with some sneaky pacing.
Also, if A and B actually come to those conclusions, I will laugh. And then immediately turn them down because as great as it would be, it's not worth imploding my friend circle.

@ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 I dunno what you mean, tether grabs are, like, the first thing you try. Take em back, take out your laser whip/hookshot/clawshot/rope snake and punish.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
well guys, ive decided not to tell hotel waifu that i like her

she has too many personal things going on rn with her kids dad(s? im not sure she didnt clarify), so i feel like it wouldnt be a very good idea to suddenly insert myself like that into her life

also, todays my last day ;-;7

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
best advice is to have fun with her, gl
Translation: Don't play Mario party IRL.
Edit: The last time I playe Mario party and won, my friends would periodically whisper into my ear while I slept on the couch. That damn Nostalgia Critic velociraptor joke is unsettling.

L4RG0(Me): *prolonged snoring*
C1RN0(Friend): ..."Alan"..
Me: *terrified flailing*..."You SON OF A *****!!!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

well guys, ive decided not to tell hotel waifu that i like her

she has too many personal things going on rn with her kids dad(s? im not sure she didnt clarify), so i feel like it wouldnt be a very good idea to suddenly insert myself like that into her life

also, todays my last day ;-;7
hit it and then share some ice cream imo

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles wrecked friendships too, especially if you were the one left to tend to the ****ing bucket.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
ff:cc was bad, but not nearly as horrific as four swords, imo.

we had some bucket issues, but i think i personally made those moot when i trapped everyone behind a tree that they needed to chain cast fire on to burn down, but couldn't because of the miasma damage. at that point, bucket ***** was no more, and was a position to respect and fear.

four swords, though. it devolved into "let's work together JUUUUUUUST enough to not die immediately, and **** each over at every chance, in order to steal rupees, because once you had the most rupees, you could never be downvoted to last place". that and fire rod trolling. or boomerang trolling. or chaingrabs with slingshot... and the entire prison escape sequence...

god damn, **** that game.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Someone should make a list of games that destroyed friendships and put it in video form lol.

Top Bottom