• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Your hair is so sexy what do you do it to it
Besides not cut it?

Vashimus

Smash Master
Watching Yipes' Marvel 2 FT100 with Xecutioner on his stream.

Goddamn, I wish I was around when that game was huge.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
keep in mind, "mvc2 when it was huge" was, like, 300 at most for EVO, probably not even triple digits for the average major

it was huge in the way project m's current lull is considered huge

Vashimus

Smash Master
keep in mind, "mvc2 when it was huge" was, like, 300 at most for EVO, probably not even triple digits for the average major

it was huge in the way project m's current lull is considered huge
To be fair, fighters are more popular now then they've ever been, so even raw numbers can still be relative.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
The Chozo who raised Samus died because the Space Pirates came back to Zebes and were like "sup, we like this planet. Don't mind us if we build reactors beneath the surface that can explode the planet if our generals / facilities get rekt."
Canon that you save animals but not the elder protectors of the galaxy. jajaja
- - - - -
Teran showed up on my profile page today. What is a MH?

Ugh, I want to play Smash now :c
Chris is such a buster. I invited him but can only tell me tomorrow "maybe".
I played wifi and un.dead just character switched and moonwalked with each one all over me. It was identical to playing with you.
Level 9 Fox is so annoying with his up smash. If my dair trades with up smash in tournament, I'm just going to play a Shiekish Fox that just up-smashes people's approaches.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Brawl Vault is getting a little plain for my liking. I would like a Project M vault. Mystery box.

I made a thread for add ons, the closest thing to pm dlc, in the customized content boards, but it drowned.

Charlware:

A Smooth Mcgroove styled Warioware.

Not only will the add-on install the stage over pictochat, but it will also completely replace the default songs with Smooth McGroove remixes such as Punch Out, Together We Ride, Sephiroth, and Ken's Theme.

Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhzI3Om9QIQ

http://www.mediafire.com/download/05ju3lzaua58wk6/Charlware.7z

As you might already have your own custom stages, stage pictures are not included. Get them here and install them into your common 5 along side all your other customized stage titles and preview pictures.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ry4zorbt397xf3b/Charlware_Stage_Screen_Interface.rar

Menu music packs

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Dark Samus didn't spread them everywhere, she brought them to Phaaze. At least, that's the most likely explanation, given..well, She's a damn Metroid(Prime), in addition to what we know from the games. Pirates kinda just did the rest, or what the Chozo hadn't done yet.

Metal Gear is best played in release order just so you can see how the series evolved over time. Plus I think the story meshes better that way. Play it in chronological timeline order(MGS3, Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes, MGS5, MG1, MG2, MGS1, MGS2, MGS4), and a few twists aren't quite as impactful, I guess. But that's just my opinon.
Agreed. for example:
MGS1 is pretty standard fare, and great to play
MGS2 is Great too, but the second half has parts that make you go "whaaaaa?"
MGS3 is an awesome prequel, and has parts that explain stuff from MGS2 and make you go "oh, so that's why that happened."

so yeah, desync ftw

also, Beowulf DLC I need you in my Steam life.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Time to watch Aunty Donna
but yeah he's PAL
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comme...he_continued_success_of_the_community/cocwud0
so he doesn't want to USB load (which he would have to do for multiple Wiis for his school Brawl fests) and doesn't want to play Melee because of his liking to the CC and his mains not in Melee. He's wrong to say "want to be good at PM so he has to play Brawl". So you went the wrong route in
threatening rather than explaining further your points, when you chose to engage his nonsense. Casuals concerning himself, his friends, and his school ( http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2trakb/amondaays_week_11_sethlon/co25fgy ) are gonna be indifferent between Brawl and Melee other than his mains aren't in Melee and Melee can't use the CC.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I'm not gonna give any thought to it if he continues to break Reddiquette. I'm not a mind reader, and neither is anybody else on the sub. If he's got a problem with PM (which he seems to?), then it's up to him to explain it, not for me to tiptoe around. I stand by what I said as fair.

But my reason for sharing it was him being nonsensical.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Well yeah he didn't explain himself before hand, which is what you should have told him.

Only after mentioning the fact that he's Australian (inferring PAL) he was already "hurt" from his feeble esteem for little to no reason (due to him thinking you have prior knowledge of his situation). But I don't see how he's breaking reddiquette, you're too quick to bring up using threatening mod power (childish response on your end) when the last response (as well as his original obscure post) showed he's on the feeble side.

Especially with the phrasing, you super went the route of re-enforcing that jerk image in his mind rather than the opposite. If you want to get your point across as well as tell him where he needs to know not everyone is keyed in on his situation (seeing other people's perspectives/Autism): you should explain his dilemmas and your original intent and for him to recognize that for future interactions. My responses would have been the same as yours aside from the last one when you should have took note of his feebleness, if you're trying to say your true intent was to help him you wouldn't be phrasing temp-banning like that.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I still stand by what I said, but I do realize my mistake for missing why he said he was Australian. I tried to add a note to better explain what my point was.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I just binge watched Steins Gate on my mobile data. RIP
Only reason was that I had a low attention span with the VN version, I found out after playing it for what seemed like forever that I was only at episode 7 of 24 in the animu.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Jesus ****ing christ I can't even figure out where to start with Melee
As if it's not bad enough that almost no tech skill transfers properly, like little things just throwing me off
But I'm so ****ing far behind I don't even know what I'm doing wrong, like I lose 5 games to figure out one thing I can change to approach or react differently and by that time they've downloaded half the rest of my gameplan because my opponent knows way more about my character than I do
I feel like I can't even use my shield because I WD OoS with one springless trigger in PM but doing that in Melee can mess you up if you try to jump as the shield release starts

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I just learned that you can nanapult out of the pivot ftilt desync, but I have no clue how to. I did it once at half speed. Melee is hard! This seems like a reasonable setup for nanapult though, so I'm just gonna grind it.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
One thing I like from SD Remix is that you can perform a Falcon Dive after a succesful air Raptor Boost. Why isn't this a thing in PM?

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Aw yeah guys there's another one already

And I'm not in this one getting bodied

....in 52 there's a clip of me getting sniped by a Link back in a game from like November.

CORY

wut
BRoomer

....in 52 there's a clip of me getting sniped by a Link back in a game from like November.
doof is too stylish. hoverslap into footstool on an opposing ganon recovering? who even does that?

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
doof is too stylish. hoverslap into footstool on an opposing ganon recovering? who even does that?
52 was also fantastic. Dropzone footstools with Falcon and stuff that just should not work.

I need more style.

How do I get more style

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Holy **** Melee's one player mode is the opposite of fun. I ****ing hate items so much. I just want to get the last 4 trophies, not slog through classic and adventure mode and their false difficulty. :(

That was you? Lmao what a ****ing coincidence. Munk-E (the link) is my ride to our biweekly. We used to live in the same dorm. I've probably played with him more than any other smasher. I remember his sending me that gyfcat on Skype back in November.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
That was you? Lmao what a ****ing coincidence. Munk-E (the link) is my ride to our biweekly. We used to live in the same dorm. I've probably played with him more than any other smasher. I remember his sending me that gyfcat on Skype back in November.
Oh that's awesome haha. I haven't played him on netplay for a long while I think, but he did get some absurd snipes on me when we did.

Yeah, every time in Salty Highlights there's someone with the CLONE tag that's me. Now that he's actually making them again I might start submitting clips.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I'm going out drinking later.
The people I will be with are Person A, who I have a thing for. Person B, who I also have a thing for. Person C, the one who drunkenly proposed to me, Person D, a very good friend of mine who likes Person A. Also, Person B and Person C are exes who still have a fair bit of tension.
And we're throwing alcohol into this.
We'll probably also play some casul SmUsh and DDR.

This is gonna be an awesome night.
Drunk DDR is a terrible idea. My knee hurts so bad right now. It's not broken...I think.
Otherwise, drunk SmUsh is pretty fun.

B and C got back together, A and D hooked up. I was stuck drinking alone in the living room.
Joke's on them, though. They're now incredibly hungover, sleep-deprived, and regret everything. I am mostly ok, save for a bruised self-esteem and this goddamn knee jesus ****ing christ why does it hurt.
Oh, and I got them to try PM. Borderless Stamina mode is the greatest thing ever. PMDT, I love you all so much(clockwise in each orifice starting from your left ear).

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Drunk DDR is a terrible idea. My knee hurts so bad right now. It's not broken...I think.

B and C got back together, A and D hooked up. I was stuck drinking alone in the living room.
Joke's on them, though. They're now incredibly hungover, sleep-deprived, and regret everything. I am mostly ok, save for a bruised self-esteem and this goddamn knee jesus ****ing christ why does it hurt.
Oh, and I got them to try PM. Borderless Stamina mode is the greatest thing ever. PMDT, I love you all so much(clockwise in each orifice starting from your left ear).
It's okay, we all know you're cooler then all them.

Since talking about girls/boys/dating in general seems to be in vogue:
There are basically 2 girls in my uni's smash club. One is one of my best friends and has a boyfriend in Chicago. The other one I'd played some friendlies with in the past but didn't chat much besides some general advice stuff. On Thursday after the club's tournament we played like 2 hours of friendlies and actually talked and got a little flirtatious, but nothing that was hugely telling. So then yesterday I was on campus, and I played with one of my friends until my fingers started hurting (too much Fox for like 3 days straight) so I decided I should stop, so I left his place and realized I didn't really want to go home, but I was bored being on campus. So the girl invites me to chill with her and her friends and watch a movie and hang around.

Long story short, I was there until 2, she's totally into me, her friends like me, and apparently now I'm taking her to a formal dance. Tomorrow.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
good luck
remember, dont drop the convresational airals, fair into dair

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
It's okay, we all know you're cooler then all them.

Since talking about girls/boys/dating in general seems to be in vogue:
There are basically 2 girls in my uni's smash club. One is one of my best friends and has a boyfriend in Chicago. The other one I'd played some friendlies with in the past but didn't chat much besides some general advice stuff. On Thursday after the club's tournament we played like 2 hours of friendlies and actually talked and got a little flirtatious, but nothing that was hugely telling. So then yesterday I was on campus, and I played with one of my friends until my fingers started hurting (too much Fox for like 3 days straight) so I decided I should stop, so I left his place and realized I didn't really want to go home, but I was bored being on campus. So the girl invites me to chill with her and her friends and watch a movie and hang around.

Long story short, I was there until 2, she's totally into me, her friends like me, and apparently now I'm taking her to a formal dance. Tomorrow.
Show her your Dong.
10426339_1564028413874080_4183862157809507486_n.jpg

Helsong

Smash Ace
I mean, I'm not sad I didn't get any. I'm sad because my buddies left me alone to drink because they're a bunch of horndogs. Seriously, who does that?

Also, best of luck. Knock her dead. Or don't, if you're not into necrophilia.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Only scrubs get hangovers, your friends aren't good enough

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I mean, I'm not sad I didn't get any. I'm sad because my buddies left me alone to drink because they're a bunch of horndogs. Seriously, who does that?

Also, best of luck. Knock her dead. Or don't, if you're not into necrophilia.
If it makes you feel better I would have played with you, bro. I have almost no PM life and absolutely no sex life, I'm the perfect catch!

Top Bottom