• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

mimgrim

Smash Hero
For Sharla is easy: just support-based moves. Any other thing is a huge waste of slots.
I'm not using Sharla though. Her healing is cool and all and was helpful for when I used but it is quite, painfully so really, obvious that she really just holds any party back because she slows them down with her rather bad damage. Once I figured that out, which was in the early phase of Makna Forest, which I'm far pass now and fixing to go into Prison Island after I go around/back-track and buy more intermediate Art scroll/book things (god I hate that I have to buy this kind of crap to advance my Arts more, but at least I'm able to get bye without buying equipment too much).

It is more Dunban and Riki I'm having trouble with on Arts to use, and I can only imagine the headache I'll have with Melia as she gets more useful Arts because of all the already useful Arts she has.

For a game that I think is overrated, it still does a surprisingly good job of keeping me pulled in lol. But sometimes it just makes me want to play The Last Story again rofl.

What is following even for. No one's ever followed me, and I've never felt the compunction to follow someone else.
I'm not even sure tbh.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sharla can be fun late/end game when you can put out Thunder Bullets super quickly that do thousands of damage.

Not super sure about Riki (I typically focus on ether arts personally but he's got some interesting tools), but Dunban I find can be built one of two ways. You either control him and make him an agility tank or you use Heat Haze and go all out offensive while someone else tanks. The only thing that changes with certainty is your choice of stances in this regard. Evasion tank Dunban goes well with Serene Heart and either Peerless or Jaws of Death (depends on whether you want to shorten a fight overall or have some protection). I would say that Gale Slash, Worldly Slash, and Tempest Strike are all givens regardless of build. Thunder is fun for goofy Chain Attack setups and can near-guarantee smash an Arts tag if you want to forcibly stop an enemy. Electric Gutbuster and Steel Strike grant Dunban a solo Topple setup, but the long cooldown on SS has me preferring other arts. Final Flicker is an awesome way to get Blossom Dance back up faster if you're not worried about HP. I ignore Demon Slayer as the cooldown is quite long and a bit situational. Battle Eye is great in single-target fights and stacks well when gemming/linking for Double Attack (like the skill link that turns all DA's into criticals).

Bleck

Smash Master
I really want to like Smash 4 but somebody just beat me in For Glory as Lucario by literally only throwing out Aura Spheres and his internet was so terrible that the game kept not reading my shield inputs and it made me so mad that I mace-swung my GC controller into a wall and the R button exploded

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
About to head to a real party for the first time; a college party out of all the parties in the world.

i hope its fun

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The lore explicitly states that metroids were CREATED on sr388 to kill the x.

It also never talks about how the Chozo were warlike before amending their ways, and that they actually died out because of infertility due to old age
There's nothing about the Chozo being warlike in the lore overview we're discussing.
Yet, you do not account for the fact we know that metroids were, in some capacity, on Phaaze before the leviathan was launched at Tallon IV, hence the presence of Metroid Prime. Their alleged behavior on Phaaze is perfectly in line with their behavior on SR-388, both times metroids were created it was for the same reasons, merely on different planets.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
That Batman vs. Superman trailer actually looks pretty cool.
But it's horribly underwhelming in comparison to the new Star Wars trailer.

Also, I've been increasingly more and more disappointed in DC Universe adapatation after Batman the Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series, and Justice League. They were sooo good. Good continuity, interesting characters, not overly dark and edgy..
Like, how does this opening theme not get you even a bit hyped?
Timmverse was alright. When it comes to animation though, I liked Young Justice more.

About to head to a real party for the first time; a college party out of all the parties in the world.

i hope its fun
Is this your first college semester? If so, I'm betting by the end of the night, you're going to say "Wooo, I looove college". Especially if you drink.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I couldn't really get into Young Justice. The animation was good, but the characters and storylines didn't appeal to me quite as much.

College parties are fun the first couple times. Then they just end up being an excuse to get drunk and drown out a bunch of people you'd hate otherwise. Although you can meet some good people there, depending on where you are.
Actually, college parties are kinda fun and still go to them because getting drunk and laughing at other drunk people is how I sustain myself under the crushing pressure and dreariness of grad school.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I'm not using Sharla though. Her healing is cool and all and was helpful for when I used but it is quite, painfully so really, obvious that she really just holds any party back because she slows them down with her rather bad damage. Once I figured that out, which was in the early phase of Makna Forest, which I'm far pass now and fixing to go into Prison Island after I go around/back-track and buy more intermediate Art scroll/book things (god I hate that I have to buy this kind of crap to advance my Arts more, but at least I'm able to get bye without buying equipment too much).

It is more Dunban and Riki I'm having trouble with on Arts to use, and I can only imagine the headache I'll have with Melia as she gets more useful Arts because of all the already useful Arts she has.

For a game that I think is overrated, it still does a surprisingly good job of keeping me pulled in lol. But sometimes it just makes me want to play The Last Story again rofl.
The first time I've played the game my team was pretty much Shulk, Reyn and Sharla the whole time. Shulk offensive, Reyn tank and Sharla support. Only some of the battles forced me into changing the team. You just had one of them.

You can get advanced art books from monsters. They're rare though. I just took a quick look at the wiki and it says that only monsters higher than lvl 45 drop them in gold chests.

Helsong

Smash Ace
You can address what happens in Fusion for sure. You don't need to address what happened in Other M. At all. They did that in Fusion, that's the beauty of Other M being a prequel. Nothing that happened in it has to be talked about at all from now on.
Besides, I could actually appreciate Fusion. It added characterization to Samus in a way that wasn't ham-fisted and worked well for fleshing certain things out, even if it was kinda linear. Plus, the cutscenes were few and far between, and didn't happen right in the middle of immersive gameplay. Other M's cutscenes constantly happened for practically any new enemy appearance and tense moment and was less immersive as a result.

Oh dammit it all, now I went on an Other M rant.

D

Deleted member

k new theory

@Lunchables is @ Sethlon Sethlon 's son from the future sent back in time to prevent the death of Project M and subsequent takeover of the world by Nintendo.
That's why he mains Roy now.

Godspeed.
Sethlon and I were both born in michigan and moved to TX at some point in our lives, we both main roy, my ACTUAL irl brothers name is "Seth Sain", and people have asked if sethlon and I are brothers/related

We were separated at birth.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
got a new 3ds with xenoblade and majoras mask. i need to finish rune factory first though

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Sethlon and I were both born in michigan and moved to TX at some point in our lives, we both main roy, my ACTUAL irl brothers name is "Seth Sain", and people have asked if sethlon and I are brothers/related

Are you the younger or older sibling? Does he not care about smash?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

"Seth Sain"? You mean, the name of two characters from Fire Emblem?

Too much of a coincidence.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
getting tired of those frog images mech
*DCAU stuff*

My first figurine is a shimakaze figurine

*snip* It also never talks about how the Chozo were warlike before amending their ways, and that they actually died out because of infertility due to old age
They're sufficiently advanced to the point of being indistinguishable from gods in practice. Completely seriously.
Who says they are beholden to the same biological constraints as us puny mortals?

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The Chozo who raised Samus died because the Space Pirates came back to Zebes and were like "sup, we like this planet. Don't mind us if we build reactors beneath the surface that can explode the planet if our generals / facilities get rekt."
Also, it mentions the society was in decline due to their atonement from messing with Phaaze and SR-388, whom they considered grave threats to the galaxy, and had to hamper or destroy lest their insane super predators run amok. Yet they view life as sacred, all of it. The split in their society due to the increasingly grave prophetic images, and their holiest planet going kaput due the Leviathan / Metroid Prime, well, thems the breaks.

Edit: I imagine they're like the Protoss in their fertility rates. Few, elite, spiritual, and powerful. Except my favorite theory which the Protoss have 4 sexes due their similarities to plants, to which a Blizz lore lead said 'yeah that's cool, didn't think of that, good job guy.'

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Just played smush
What is this game

Even drunk it sucksssssssssuckssssssss

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'd party but I work Saturday and Sunday now. Urggg

But hey, at least I get to see a ton of ladies wearing less and less as time goes by.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
As cool as Robo-Fortune seems, I'm really bummed to see that she won't be as silly as I thought she was going to be. Kinda like Robo-Ky with his stupid moves. She's instead too serious.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I'm going out drinking later.
The people I will be with are Person A, who I have a thing for. Person B, who I also have a thing for. Person C, the one who drunkenly proposed to me, Person D, a very good friend of mine who likes Person A. Also, Person B and Person C are exes who still have a fair bit of tension.
And we're throwing alcohol into this.
We'll probably also play some casul SmUsh and DDR.

This is gonna be an awesome night.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Can't believe I'm missing our salty suite tonight because I have to work till 11

Who has a 5 year olds birthday party start at 8 pm ffs

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
So, whenever I was originally gathering clips for Ashes to Ashes, I saw a bunch of silly things happen and eventually decided to gather them all up for a project in the future. I actually used them for a video project in one of my college classes, but I lost the final file and got annoyed and left the file to soak up space in my harddrive for the past couple years. Found it while rummaging through some of my old stuff, and thought it was too funny to not finish. Shenanigans!

Oh also I've started doing match analysis. First ones up on my channel already, ProfPro vs Ally @ TFZ7, though the overall quality definitely needs improving.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm going out drinking later.
The people I will be with are Person A, who I have a thing for. Person B, who I also have a thing for. Person C, the one who drunkenly proposed to me, Person D, a very good friend of mine who likes Person A. Also, Person B and Person C are exes who still have a fair bit of tension.
And we're throwing alcohol into this.
We'll probably also play some casul SmUsh and DDR.

This is gonna be an awesome night.
Make sure to look strong. Both in drinking and in games.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Parties? I'd rather have some tea, earl gray, hot, and sit here on my computer, watch Smash, and listen to slow jazz.

Last edited:
Top Bottom