• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Samus needs to just fight the federation. They are essentially the leaders of the space pirates. Fighting government sanctioned terrorism would be a good plot.
Well--In case anyone hasn't seen this: http://imgur.com/a/twt9q?gallery
Best summary of Metroid Lore ever. Great storytelling.
The speculation at the end is this. It is spoiler for Metroid: Fusion tho.
"Samus had defied the orders of the Galactic Federation and destroyed the Biologic Space Laboratories station. She was now a rogue Bounty Hunter, a criminal to be hunted down and brought to justice. The weapons divisions of the Federation had more pressing reasons to track her down; within her flesh was the only known Metroid genetic material in existence."

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Attempting windows update again because it keeps alerting me. Hopefully it doesn't get caught in a loop again.
The same **** happens to me too. I always have to force shutdown otherwise it keeps going until it overheats and shuts down that way. ****in windows

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
"Samus had defied the orders of the Galactic Federation and destroyed the Biologic Space Laboratories station. She was now a rogue Bounty Hunter, a criminal to be hunted down and brought to justice. The weapons divisions of the Federation had more pressing reasons to track her down; within her flesh was the only known Metroid genetic material in existence."
The chozo created metroids on SR-488 to kil l the X, not on phaaze :u

Helsong

Smash Ace
The Metroid series can do narrative and storytelling, but it honestly needs to be done in the manner of Prime: Keep it to logbooks and stuff that you find out through exploration and careful examination. Dark Souls excels in this.
Other M tried to do a straight narrative with cutscenes, and I think that was to it's detriment. It makes for a very linear story, as opposed to how Samus would normally interact with the world: exploration, analysis, and carefully making decisions based on her findings.

Also, that infodump has a few things a little off. Metroid were created to fight the X on SR-388. Space Pirates came in way way later to harness the Metroids as bio-weaponry and continued to transplant them. Phaaze wasn't ever outright called out in any of the games as being beset by the Chozo, but rather the metroids on Phaaze ended up there because of Dark Samus.
Tallon IV has Metroids because of the Chozo, and out of that came Dark Samus, who likely spread more Metroids(now enchanced by Phazon) to the other worlds, including Phaaze.
Interesting read, though. It does point out some stuff, but I question how much of it is speculation, as opposed to conclusions drawn from in-game lore.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Why is trying to chose Arts for character in Xenoblade such a pain to do, or rather why do characters seem to have so many good/useful Arts making it a total ***** to try and chose between some of them. ;-;

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
nooo i forgot to email myself my current progress on my data structures hw. the files are at home on my desktop ;_;. thankfully i can work on the other part of the hw without it :/
>2014+1
>Not using a site with private repositories like GitLab so you can keep multiple devices up to date with your code with a single command
smh

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Is it right to play Metal Gear in release order? Should I be doing it chronologically?

Wait, Dark Samus spread Phazon Metroids EVERYWHERE? So the last Metroid in captivity stuff is bs? That's wrong, retcon that **** out.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Dark Samus didn't spread them everywhere, she brought them to Phaaze. At least, that's the most likely explanation, given..well, She's a damn Metroid(Prime), in addition to what we know from the games. Pirates kinda just did the rest, or what the Chozo hadn't done yet.

Metal Gear is best played in release order just so you can see how the series evolved over time. Plus I think the story meshes better that way. Play it in chronological timeline order(MGS3, Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes, MGS5, MG1, MG2, MGS1, MGS2, MGS4), and a few twists aren't quite as impactful, I guess. But that's just my opinon.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
It's broad strokes canon, iirc. Kojima carries over some stuff from it, but not all the events happened exactly the way the game showed. I think? You can probably skip it and be ok, though.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The chozo created metroids on SR-488 to kil l the X, not on phaaze :u
I know it's Kotatu, and there's lot of items that are sourced "speculation" based off of information from a given game.
http://kotaku.com/the-spectacular-story-of-metroid-one-of-gamings-riche-1284029577
It takes some liberties with the speculation, but nothing contradicts the official lore.

However, you and @ Helsong Helsong didn't read far enough. It states that the Metroid were created on SR-388 to combat the X parasite, albeit at a later date, completely separately.

Edit: I'm very glad that Other M was left out entirely from this history, too.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Jaedrik Jaedrik Herpderp, I screwed up. Ignore what I said.
It's definitely possible for the Metroids to have existed on Phaaze beforehand, whereas the SR-388 Metroids are a separate, bred strain made by the Chozo to combat the X.
I need to play the Prime games again. Shame the Prime Trilogy is super expensive these days.

Do we need to have an Other M discussion? I mean...it'll be fun to **** on the game again, but I'm not sure we really need to.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Do we need to have an Other M discussion? I mean...it'll be fun to **** on the game again, but I'm not sure we really need to.
No--no, we don't. Everyone's in agreement by now, and everyone knows the reasons, more or less, why it was trash. :D

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Oh--I forgot. The whole reason Metroid Prime exists is because there was a Metroid on Phaaze at some point, which got launched in a leviathan at Tallon IV--presumably because Phaaze was pissed at the Chozo for screwing with it, and wanted to show them (with the ancient Chozo armor that Prime took to itself as well) that it remembered what they did.

OHHHH
AND HERE IS THE OFFICIAL MANGA FOR THE MARTH FIRE EMBLEMS, TRANSLATED
EXPLAINS WHOLE STORY
EXPANDS ON THINGS
GREAT READ IT GOODER
http://serenesforest.net/gallery/manga/dark-dragon-and-sword-of-light/

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
looking back at marvel i honestly think that jill could be a tier in that game
it's a shame DLC characters are basically getting deprecated over time in that game. poor shuma teams are already running into problems where they need consoles constantly switched around setups so they get the consoles that have the now-no-longer-able-to-buy DLC on it

Helsong

Smash Ace
Oh--I forgot. The whole reason Metroid Prime exists is because there was a Metroid on Phaaze at some point, which got launched in a leviathan at Tallon IV--presumably because Phaaze was pissed at the Chozo for screwing with it, and wanted to show them (with the ancient Chozo armor that Prime took to itself as well) that it remembered what they did.
Which also helps explain why Metroid Prime was able to interface with Samus's Phazon Suit, because it had already seen that Chozo tech in some way? That might just be a coincidence, though.
We need another Metroid game that uses Prime's storytelling mechanics, not the linear narratives of Fusion. I think the Souls series and the Prime Trilogy did a lot to show just how engrossing storytelling via worldbuilding can be.

steelguttey

mei is bei
looking back at marvel i honestly think that jill could be a tier in that game

posted twice thanks smashboards

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
The only thing I liked about Other M was that Nightmare was in. The battle however...

I hope that the next Metroid game will be about what happens after Corruption with Sylux following Samus. Out of all the Prime Hunters characters, Sylux and Weavel had the most potential story-wise.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Why is trying to chose Arts for character in Xenoblade such a pain to do, or rather why do characters seem to have so many good/useful Arts making it a total ***** to try and chose between some of them. ;-;
For Sharla is easy: just support-based moves. Any other thing is a huge waste of slots.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I know it's Kotatu, and there's lot of items that are sourced "speculation" based off of information from a given game.
http://kotaku.com/the-spectacular-story-of-metroid-one-of-gamings-riche-1284029577
It takes some liberties with the speculation, but nothing contradicts the official lore.

However, you and @ Helsong Helsong didn't read far enough. It states that the Metroid were created on SR-388 to combat the X parasite, albeit at a later date, completely separately.

Edit: I'm very glad that Other M was left out entirely from this history, too.
The lore explicitly states that metroids were CREATED on sr388 to kill the x.

It also never talks about how the Chozo were warlike before amending their ways, and that they actually died out because of infertility due to old age

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I hope the next Metroid game is a thing that actually exists someday
And if we do get one hopefully it will be unique instead of trying to hamfist all of the staple locations/enemies from the previous ones

That's a thing with Nintendo though, they seem to get their IPs stuck where every game in the series has to have some enemy or location

Top Bottom