• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

i wish people would stop using joke names at iab because its tough to know whos who sometimes when i go to add it to the power ranking :'(
hey I just want to be a cool kid

I want "kornfangirl666" up in lights when I win EVO

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Buying a 3DS this month. Besides FE, and Bravely Default, what should I consider? Getting back into Pokemon is something I am considering.
Depends on what you are into. Sine the 2 things you listef are RPGs, you can't go wrong with the Etrian Odyssey series if you like hard RPGs.

If you like games all about story, to the point where it is basically the gameplay, 999 and its sequel Virtue's Last Reward are solid choices.

If you are into the KH sereis the Dream Drop Distance is a must.

You have other stuff like Tales of the Abyss, KIU, Codename Steam, MH4U, and other crap.

For DS games you got The World Ends With You as a very solid choice.

Sands of Destruction is fun.

If youare getting yhe New 3DS there is Xenoblade.

These songs also pretty appropriate for Warioware and YS.
Only silly/upbeat (read TMNT IV Turtles in Time songs upbeat) fit WW.

I probably annoy the people at my locals to near death with some of the stupid songs I have on WW lol.

Vashimus

Smash Master
kof 13 is a beautiful game

blehhh it's hard to explain but I'm kinda just starting to grasp the meta-ideas of how to play the game and it's really enjoyable

like everyone wants to do cool combos but having them be available to cancel into all the time would be stressful and end up being a one-player touch of death game
so we made drive cancels
but you can only do them a limited amount
so the game resets to neutral requiring people to make reads and whatnot

but then there's hd mode which allows you to do the really cool combos (basically turbo mode lmao)
and it's really cool

and the shorthop jump in system is really interesting and there's rolls and everything
like it seems 9/10 times there's ways to escape without even having to enter a blockstring situation with guardcancel rolls or something so the pace is constantly shifting, kinda similar to smash

I also have no idea how to actually play it like how do fightstick
It's not the stick. You get used to that soon enough. The game itself can be difficult to control, at least compared to most current fighters.

KOF needs a true input buffer badly. It is not 1994 anymore. Not saying totally dumb it down by making the windows huge and putting in shortcuts, but I'd play it a lot more if I rarely had to worry about dropping combos because of super-strict inputs.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Holy crap you guys

Squirtle is fun.

I think I figured out the very basics of how to play him properly. It's basically the exact opposite of what I tried every other time I played him.

lolwut

Why would I waste those songs on those stages? XD

I never add music to those two stages. ¦D
Bowser stages. I have scary Bowser music on there, so that if anyone fails to ban them in bracket, they immediately learn how badly they dun goof'd.

Last edited:

zman804

Smash Ace
i wish people would stop using joke names at iab because its tough to know whos who sometimes when i go to add it to the power ranking :'(
THIS IS THE WORST. You have two players who are known/decent and from the same region and they play round 2, and they're like, "Of COURSE I entered as Dragon Dildos, duuuuuuh"

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
THIS IS THE WORST. You have two players who are known/decent and from the same region and they play round 2, and they're like, "Of COURSE I entered as Dragon Dildos, duuuuuuh"
This is why you should let me do the entry/seeding when I do show up mondays

Just put their real tag in Parenthesis afterwards when you enter them for the bracket, makes everything easy.
ex: XxXxXXx DR@G00N__D1LD0S_XXxXx (Sad | JJ)

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
melee hell is cool sometimes but someone just legit shared a video on there of a kid talking about them being genderqueer and just ****ting on them

facebook groups like that just seem like a chance of ****ty people being able to show that their ****ty without being judged

(duh)
Yeah that thread was stupid, but I got a ton of likes for refuting it, so it's all good. Most of the hate is Brian Frobey and his gang of bigot trollocks.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Holy crap you guys

Squirtle is fun.

I think I figured out the very basics of how to play him properly. It's basically the exact opposite of what I tried every other time I played him
If you weren't going mach 2 you did it wrong

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Holy crap you guys

Squirtle is fun.

I think I figured out the very basics of how to play him properly. It's basically the exact opposite of what I tried every other time I played him.

Bowser stages. I have scary Bowser music on there, so that if anyone fails to ban them in bracket, they immediately learn how badly they dun goof'd.
Explain theory of squirtman plox

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
It's not the stick. You get used to that soon enough. The game itself can be difficult to control, at least compared to most current fighters.

KOF needs a true input buffer badly. It is not 1994 anymore. Not saying totally dumb it down by making the windows huge and putting in shortcuts, but I'd play it a lot more if I rarely had to worry about dropping combos because of super-strict inputs.
I mean I'm coming from smash which has all of 0 input buffer

like the main frustrating thing right now is that hyper hops feel so weird to do with a stick and I can only get them like 50% of the time in training mode

Bleck

Smash Master
Who cares about stream tags? Batman/Superman trailer leaked out! I'M HYPED
link plz

KOF literally sustains itself on stubborn, elitist attitudes about needlessly-difficult inputs and other archaic design elements

Bleck

Smash Master
Struggle
Struggle more
Die
he asked for squirtle, not bowser

Also it wasn't until I started taking pictures of myself for online dating that I've decided I'm more Green Eye'd than Blue. I've asked co-workers a couple times that couldn't decide either for some reason. I think over age, just like how my hair use to be blonde as a young child, my eyes lost blueness. Certain lightings though still make them appear blue. I think for the license and stuff I'll just keep saying blue.
oh my gosh tell me more

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
disafter is the worst about this >_>

Bazkip

Smash Master
k new theory

@Lunchables is @Sethlon's son from the future sent back in time to prevent the death of Project M and subsequent takeover of the world by Nintendo.
That's why he mains Roy now.

Godspeed.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace

So I played my first ever doubles PM tournament yesterday and this happened.

Idek why I wasn't hyped about this but as you can tell by my steely expression, I was probably trying to look like a bad***

Bazkip

Smash Master
-boozer fsmash gif-

So I played my first ever doubles PM tournament yesterday and this happened.

Idek why I wasn't hyped about this but as you can tell by my steely expression, I was probably trying to look like a bad***
The Twitch player being visible in this is super annoying.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I mean I am coming from melee

but kof looks pretty damn cool tbh
shrug - in my opinion KoF doesn't do anything particularly better than any other fighting games, but manages to have a sizeable fanbase 'cause the needlessly difficult inputs make its players feel good about themselves (like Melee!)

like, it's not bad, but it's not really good either (like Melee!) - at least not in a way that makes it measurably more important than any other fighting game

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Explain theory of squirtman plox
Stay grounded, poke with dtilt and (this is important), grounded bubble, especially b-reversed. When there's an opening, grab (then uthrow) or dtilt it and combo away.

Use uncharged watergun from the air to create additional grab openings. Use Withdraw to punish whiffs if you're stuck in the air.

Use the pivot jump (I don't know the terminology) to extend your punish range, not to approach. I'm not sure if/how to use shellshift yet.

Basically I tried using him like Marth/Kirby instead of like Fox, and it's worked sooooo much better.

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
I come from a background in fighting games before i played smash and KOF is infinitely better than games like SF4 or even marvel in my humble opinion. The amount of options available in the neutral due to the hop system and the game mechanics rewarding offense (remind you guys of anything ;) ) make it a much harder but a much more rewarding game to play at a high level. Even my beloved Mortal Kombat doesn't hold a candle to KOF in terms of options presented and character gameplay design (debatedly up to MKX).

TL:DR KOF is the melee of 2D fighters, SF4 is the Sm4sh

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I come from a background in fighting games before i played smash and KOF is infinitely better than games like SF4 or even marvel in my humble opinion. The amount of options available in the neutral due to the hop system and the game mechanics rewarding offense (remind you guys of anything ;) ) make it a much harder but a much more rewarding game to play at a high level. Even my beloved Mortal Kombat doesn't hold a candle to KOF in terms of options presented and character gameplay design (debatedly up to MKX).

TL:DR KOF is the melee of 2D fighters, SF4 is the Sm4sh
Third Strike though

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
You guys have all seen The Princess Bride, right? Dread Pirate Roberts would be perfect as a Smasher handle.

Bleck

Smash Master
Diddy nerfed in Smash 4? quick, everyone move onto the next easy-mode bull**** character (Zero Suit Samus)

except this one is way more irritating 'cause this dumb character only even exists 'cause of stupid sexist bull****

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Well that girl I really connected with had all similar stuff to me, she thought she was the only person out there who had blonde hair as a child turn brown. Her eyes were brown though so she couldn't relate to me there.

If I uploaded baby pics I'm totally blue eyed.
Old (maybe there's a flash that distorts it anyways?)
http://i.imgur.com/WesyG3f.jpg
Couple years
http://i.imgur.com/PBFP8YN.png
http://i.imgur.com/XAGrQoq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mbwKjdX.jpg
Recent
http://i.imgur.com/QACcydA.jpg
You know somehow I don't think @ Bleck Bleck actually wanted you to tell him more

Top Bottom