• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
i still contend 4swords is a worse game, because it's supposed to cooperative, but then almost goes entirely out of its way to give you ways and reasons to **** with your friends.

at least mario party and this fabled dokapon kingdom seem to acknowledge that you're just here to explore the deepest crevices of your friends' *****.
Mario party doesn't acknowledge that.

Dokapon Kingdom DOES (It's literally called the friendship destroying game) and it capitalizes on that by making literally everything in there to frustrate you.

I've spent a lot of time on 4 swords so I know what you're talking about but that's at least what makes that game fun to an extent. Just blowing everyone up, but your experience sounds better than mine because at least your friends would advance while trying to screw everyone over.

The people with me would literally not move until you try to pick them up to force them to the next area, and during that is when they'd try to blow you up or set you on fire to kill and steal your force gems.

So most of the time was spent trying to advance and honestly that wasn't fun. It's more fun when everyone's trying to sneakily use tactics to get people killed, like quickly grabbing someone and throwing them outside while there's a giant bomb on the field.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
As for the TF stuff, watch through Transformers Prime(which is an absolutely godlike show) first, because Robots in Disguise is the sequel to that anyway lol. Your mileage may(/will) vary on RiD, but probably not on TFP.
I've already watched TFP (and I agree)

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I watch fighting game vids, and I say "thats cool, ill try that game"
After an amount of days "**** it ill just stick to smash"

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Mario party doesn't acknowledge that.

Dokapon Kingdom DOES (It's literally called the friendship destroying game) and it capitalizes on that by making literally everything in there to frustrate you.

I've spent a lot of time on 4 swords so I know what you're talking about but that's at least what makes that game fun to an extent. Just blowing everyone up, but your experience sounds better than mine because at least your friends would advance while trying to screw everyone over.

The people with me would literally not move until you try to pick them up to force them to the next area, and during that is when they'd try to blow you up or set you on fire to kill and steal your force gems.

So most of the time was spent trying to advance and honestly that wasn't fun. It's more fun when everyone's trying to sneakily use tactics to get people killed, like quickly grabbing someone and throwing them outside while there's a giant bomb on the field.
no, that's pretty close to how it went with us. we'd decide to advance the game for about 30 minutes, maybe an hour, then some asshole (which would include myself) would get a firerod and find out that there's only one way out of the dungeon, then sit there, breathing fire out of the doorway, not letting anyone leave.

or we would kill each other, on purpose, in boss fights, just to steal rupees (oh wait, i mean force gems [actually, no, they're ****ing rupees, you assholes]) AND ONLY THEN would we rezz.

the best accidental kill, though, was in that one village where you had to go in and out of the darkworld to solve the puzzle. we were dumb and couldn't figure out how to advance (i think it was actually really simple), and we were legitimately trying to get through it. but, i just grabbed a cuckoo to carry around because, why not? i go into the dark world with the cuckoo and everyone else is on the main screen walking around and talking. i go inside a house, in the darkworld and get tired of the cuckoo and start hitting it. then, it does the swarm, but i see nothing, then i hear everyone else start cussing and yelling and i have no idea why (i'm staring at my gba).

i look up, and the cuckoo swarm had advanced on the main screen instead, killing everyone there. so, of course, i go back to the main world, loot their bodies (all of them), and then proceed to rezz, now with everyones' money for myself.

was pretty legit.

i did almost straight up throw my gba through a wall at one point when someone had the bright idea to videotape a session for the lulz and another friend decided to camp HARD. like, regress through the first stage, can't get past the first level for an hour camp, while yelling stupid ****, just because there's a camera. not even normal stupid ****, just wanting to ham up for a camera, in the preyoutube days. yeah, we don't really hang out with him anymore now, though...

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Point is that I suck at fighting games, I want to play well as makoto ;_;

steelguttey

mei is bei
is it even ****ing possible to make a 3.5 iso on mac

all im finding are 3.0 guides do they still work

and is it as advanced and dumb as before

D

Deleted member

@Scotch98' if you ever feel like going over to aliamis place, just stop and consider that we live within walking distance of each other
I came out here for a special occasion, he turned 18 today.

We actually recorded our PM friendlies on ****ING VHS TAPES.

I gotta say it was quite the night.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
I came out here for a special occasion, he turned 18 today.

We actually recorded our PM friendlies on ****ING VHS TAPES.

I gotta say it was quite the night.
i thought he was like 12

CORY

wut
BRoomer
no, that's lunchables.

and i totally lost the matchup to that pizza. only got through 2/3 of it before i had to give up.

always tomorrow, though.

Bleck

Smash Master
I somehow managed to not know there was a Star Wars Episode 7 trailer out until right now and then I watched it and now I'm crying

I love Star Wars so much you don't even know

D

Deleted member

LMAO THERE'S OLD 2003 POKEMON FOOTAGE ON THE TAPES ME AND ALIAMI RECORDED OUR FRIENDLIES ON

image.jpg

SpiderMad

Smash Master
God I don't even remember posting in this thread. SmUsh wasn't too bad but the only things about it that really impressed me were 8 player smash and how pretty it looks. Approaching was so frustrating and I couldn't really find a character that was fun to play as... I guess DDD was okay.
It doesn't look pretty to me much at all

Aside from like this out-door FD I saw. The entire game is atrocious. The hit-effects when you ground-bounce and stuff are such an ugly color of green and so on.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
I accidentally left my Facebook logged in on a friend's laptop and they changed my profile picture from a Mudkip to a Treecko.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I accidentally left my Facebook logged in on a friend's laptop and they changed my profile picture from a Mudkip to a Treecko.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hilarious, don't know why you're into weird fetishes like that video you posted though but I mean I'm down to accompany you if you're seriously giving away a hundred bucks to do so

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
ive been replaying custom robo lately and honestly if people picked it up like they did melee i can def see it being a competitive game

**** is DEEP
Do people actually play it anywhere still? I played the **** out of the GC and DS games but it kind of died off because I had like three people to play it with anywhere and we also played Melee, Mario Kart, Halo, etc. Great games though.

I mean, I'm not sad I didn't get any. I'm sad because my buddies left me alone to drink because they're a bunch of horndogs. Seriously, who does that?
...me, possibly. Especially if I don't think the hookup opportunity would last past that night.

i still contend 4swords is a worse game, because it's supposed to cooperative, but then almost goes entirely out of its way to give you ways and reasons to **** with your friends.

at least mario party and this fabled dokapon kingdom seem to acknowledge that you're just here to explore the deepest crevices of your friends' *****.
Honorary nod to Portal 2. I'm convinced the main design goal for some of the co-op levels was "Give players as many ways to creatively **** over their friends as possible." Launch them to any number of different deaths, trap them in loops, etc.

Or maybe I'm just a huge asshole. See above.

@mimgrim

Riki: Always take Lurgy, Freezinate, and Burninate. For story content your best bet for the remaining slots is probably Bitey Bitey, Sneaky, Tantrum, You Can Do It, and Happy Happy, but you could maybe make an argument for Behave. 3/5 stats for Hero Time don't matter much so it's not worthwhile for story content, and with Dunban in the party he should rarely if ever have aggro so no Riki is Angry. Peekaboo is sorta-okay for a while, but you're not there yet? You might be by now, actually, since you were at Prison Island a bit ago.

Dunban: Assuming you're not controlling him, you want Gale Slash, Electric Gutbuster, Worldly Slash, Soaring Tempest, Steel Strike, and... hm. His auras kind of depend on your setup and level/skills, but for where you are I'd say Peerless and maybe Battle Eye, though the haste and evasion auras aren't horrible options. I generally pass on Heat Haze, Dunban's basically the best tank around (Reyn has more base HP and better aggro gen, but Dunban deals more damage, especially as an AI, has better evasion, and has some decent utility benefits). I usually round it out with Demon Slayer, but I don't think you have that yet? Don't bother with Thunder if he's on AI.

Melia: Summon Earth/Ice/Copy, one or both of Bolt and Flare, basically everything else besides arguably Power Effect has some situational value. I tend to skip Spear Break and Starlight Kick (topple/daze are super broken and basically turn UM/boss fights into "whack on the helpless creature until it dies" after a while), Aqua's meh, Wind is pretty situational, Shadow Stitch is extremely situational.

Don't be afraid to run less than a full set of arts if you don't think it's worthwhile, or if the AI is dumb when it comes to certain arts. A couple characters can basically get everything they need out of 4-6 arts depending on the situation.

Then there's a somewhat late boss battle with a boss that can summon other monsters, and both the boss and the monsters have very high defense stats for physical attacks. I don't think you can defeat that boss without Melia in the team.
lolno, it's a really easy fight. Three important things to remember:

1) The mooks in question are vulnerable to ether damage.
2) Everyone can deal ether damage given the right arts, though even the wrong arts just slow things down as long as you have sustainable healing. My main source of damage on the mooks on my first run of that fight was, I kid you not, Shulk. Chain attacks are cool, ether AoEs are cool, topple aside Cyclone was practically made for that fight. Also Riki exists.
3) Basic RPG strategy: kill the mooks first! The -DT on the boss is actually tied to the mooks.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
It doesn't look pretty to me much at all

Aside from like this out-door FD I saw. The entire game is atrocious. The hit-effects when you ground-bounce and stuff are such an ugly color of green and so on.
I agree with you on the hit fx and whatnot, a lot of that **** is too visually intrusive or unnecessary, but the lighting (for the most part), models and textures are stupid good. I also enjoy a lot of the animations, they look smoother and more lively then ever.

It pisses me off how much more cohesive it's aesthetic is compared to PM, but I guess I can't really expect much considering how frankenstienish PM is by nature. Unfortunately the parts of PM that are (mostly) consistent also happen to be ugly.

zman804

Smash Ace
I'mma just quote my boy Saga right now.

"We just grass-roots'd the **** out of that thing. And that was just day one ": D

So excited, it's great when everything works out

I don't think I've been this happy like, ever

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Iv'e been doing some reseasrch and i've some to the conclusrion i'm pretty sure about this

here it is

you gusyt dont know​

sorry u guys hat to hear it this way

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Sandstorm is sooo much fun! But I'm now tired to the point where I'm dead inside.... Help I need kittens
I made a new socal homie today and he lurks smashboards and pms all the time

I hope you guys all tune in tomorrow : ) melee might have had some tech problems but pm is sailing fine.

A lot of socal's b teamers made bracket so well get some more footage of the illusive socal players

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'mma just quote my boy Saga right now.

"We just grass-roots'd the **** out of that thing. And that was just day one ": D

So excited, it's great when everything works out

I don't think I've been this happy like, ever
having the better stream with a quarter the budget compared to the main melee stream must've felt good

went on /r/smashbros, and the thread ranting about MVG is giving out a million compliments to you guys

Top Bottom