• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Iv'e been doing some reseasrch and i've some to the conclusrion i'm pretty sure about this

here it is

you gusyt dont know​

sorry u guys hat to hear it this way

You know what your problem to your conclusion is?

It's not strong enough.

Helsong

Smash Ace
@InfinityCollision I can understand that to an extent. I'd say I expect more of people, but I'm not 100% certain I wouldn't have done something similar.

I want to get kicked by Smash4 Zelda. For real, she looks like porcelain in that game. So nice. And the alt color dresses, wow.
Palutena has top-tier dress colors as well. Peach is starting to look a bit plain, although black and gold looks super royal.

Helsong

Smash Ace
inb4 "so, you're into Marth, then?"

I used to not think much of Marth, but then he got, like, actual muscles in Smash4. I'm super jealous of his hair.
Hot Video Game Characters Social Thread.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
she's definitely up there on my waifu tierlist

edit: also why does kof 13 have so many quality short-haired waifus like king, yuri, AND elisabeth? (mai sucks tho)
>Short-haired
>Yuri

Mn...I will attest that there are plenty of girls that short hair looks great on.

But Yuri?

She's not one off them. Not with that glorious ponytail everyone knows her for. Short-haired Yuri looks kinda meh and bleh. Not bad, just not appealing.

King and Elisabeth, though? They look good.

But no one can top Vanessa in the short hair department. <3

Helsong

Smash Ace
As far as FE goes, Lyn and Ephaim have special places in my heart.
Seriously, this man.
He's Marth, with cool hair, a better cape, muscles before Marth got them, and a better weapon.
Oh my gosh.

Too bad his Sister's more into him than the rest of the female population of Magvel.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Did I just warp into the FE discussion groups for a second here?

And someone brought up Elizabeth from KOF. You are good people :)

Downdraft

Smash Ace
This has been bugging me for a while. Have others been unable to restart matches on Lylat Cruise?
I've tried several times, and it's as if the game doesn't interpret the Y input that's needed to restart a match.

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
My ****post for today:
Ball is life. There's a backstory to it.
1. Sun gives life
2.Sun is ball.
3.Ball is life.
Since everyone is ****posting about marth being a girl, I thought that I could start a ****post of my own.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
This has been bugging me for a while. Have others been unable to restart matches on Lylat Cruise?
I've tried several times, and it's as if the game doesn't interpret the Y input that's needed to restart a match.
It is specifically disabled on lylat. The stage uses multiple stage files and crashes if you do a run back. We had to disable it. :/

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Seriously, this man.
He's Marth, with cool hair, a better cape, muscles before Marth got them, and a better weapon.
Oh my gosh.

Too bad his Sister's more into him than the rest of the female population of Magvel.
2nded

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
It doesn't work on Lylat
edit; rip toaster beat me and with more info

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Thanks. Who's that in your avatar?
...You're kidding, right?

Wow. I'm surprised someone can be on the internet and never heard of Kill la Kill, let alone it's lead protagonist. I mean, considering the massive explosion it caused. XD

Anywho, that's Ryuko Matoi.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I've never seen Kill la Kill, and I've heard of it, but I know nothing about it, nor do I know it's characters.
I mean, the internet isn't all anime.

Which is why I'm talking about Ping Pong the Animation. This show is really good. You should all watch it.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Who the **** had the great idea to allow PC-PSP connection through USB ports yet you need to have the PSP on in order to charge it. Like seriously, WTF.

Downdraft

Smash Ace

Wow. I'm surprised someone can be on the internet and never heard of Kill la Kill, let alone it's lead protagonist. I mean, considering the massive explosion it caused. XD

Never heard of her. I don't visit anime/manga forums, so perhaps that's why I missed it.
I'll look her up.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord

Not all of us can be ****ing weeb nerds.

Kill la Kill is decent tho check it out if you like overtop shonen that makes fun of the genre

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Seriously, this man.
Oh my gosh.

FE8 is one of my favorite FE's and my first FE but that incest type brother/sister relationship irks the crap outta me from time to time. IDK if it's worse than the super anime incest type stuff in SCV story mode between Sophitia's kids LMAO.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
@ mimgrim mimgrim

Riki: Always take Lurgy, Freezinate, and Burninate. For story content your best bet for the remaining slots is probably Bitey Bitey, Sneaky, Tantrum, You Can Do It, and Happy Happy, but you could maybe make an argument for Behave. 3/5 stats for Hero Time don't matter much so it's not worthwhile for story content, and with Dunban in the party he should rarely if ever have aggro so no Riki is Angry. Peekaboo is sorta-okay for a while, but you're not there yet? You might be by now, actually, since you were at Prison Island a bit ago.

Dunban: Assuming you're not controlling him, you want Gale Slash, Electric Gutbuster, Worldly Slash, Soaring Tempest, Steel Strike, and... hm. His auras kind of depend on your setup and level/skills, but for where you are I'd say Peerless and maybe Battle Eye, though the haste and evasion auras aren't horrible options. I generally pass on Heat Haze, Dunban's basically the best tank around (Reyn has more base HP and better aggro gen, but Dunban deals more damage, especially as an AI, has better evasion, and has some decent utility benefits). I usually round it out with Demon Slayer, but I don't think you have that yet? Don't bother with Thunder if he's on AI.

Melia: Summon Earth/Ice/Copy, one or both of Bolt and Flare, basically everything else besides arguably Power Effect has some situational value. I tend to skip Spear Break and Starlight Kick (topple/daze are super broken and basically turn UM/boss fights into "whack on the helpless creature until it dies" after a while), Aqua's meh, Wind is pretty situational, Shadow Stitch is extremely situational.

Don't be afraid to run less than a full set of arts if you don't think it's worthwhile, or if the AI is dumb when it comes to certain arts. A couple characters can basically get everything they need out of 4-6 arts depending on the situation.
I already figured on the Lurgy, Freezinite, and Burninate. I've also been running Bitey Bitey, Tantrum, You Can Do It, and Happy Happy as well. I tookSneaky because it was just doing lack-luster and don't think I have Pekaboo yet but since Hero Time is apparently not that good (which I'm honestly surprised by as I figured it was good, even while I have had it on him) I could replace it with Sneaky.

Yeah, I'm not controlling Dunban, I don't trust the AI with Melia, but I'll definitely take into account what you said about him as I've been having the hardest time trying to decide on his Arts.

I don't have Ice yet for Melia but I'm sure I'll have it replace Wind when I get it as I suspect it will do the Chill DoT thing, and yeah I took out Aqua when I got Earth. I probably don't abuse Spear Break and Starlight Kick like I should as I mostly just use it when I'm waiting for her Summons to reload or when I get a vision so as to give myself more time to break it/prepare for it.

Helsong

Smash Ace
FE8 is one of my favorite FE's and my first FE but that incest type brother/sister relationship irks the crap. IDK if it's worse than the super anime incest type stuff in SCV story mode between Sophitia's kids LMAO.
Honestly, it wasn't even overt. It was just touched on, and the relationship dynamic can just be seen as just overly affectionate siblings. Even their whole "we're gonna stick together" A-rank support could be seen as just the last remnants of a family not wanting to lose each other after the fall of their kingdom and death of their father. Although then you've got a lot of people outright stating their jealous of the other sibling in the romantic supports, so..

And then you get their weapons. Erika's Sieglinde and Ephraim's Siegmund. Who were, in the Ring Saga(the opera made by Wagner, and also where Ride of the Valkyries comes from), a pair of incestuous twins. Ephraim's still hot, tho.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
DID SOMEONE SAY PING PONG THE ANIMATION

****'s gahlike

also:
>be me
>download melty blood for ****s
>japanese everywhere
>somehow managed to set up stick correctly?
>accidentally start some story mode?
>mash buttons
>accidental custom combos
>activate a super
>no idea how
>victory

I'm ****ing rolling on the floor laughing at all of this

Draco_The

Smash Lord
lolno, it's a really easy fight. Three important things to remember:

1) The mooks in question are vulnerable to ether damage.
2) Everyone can deal ether damage given the right arts, though even the wrong arts just slow things down as long as you have sustainable healing. My main source of damage on the mooks on my first run of that fight was, I kid you not, Shulk. Chain attacks are cool, ether AoEs are cool, topple aside Cyclone was practically made for that fight. Also Riki exists.
3) Basic RPG strategy: kill the mooks first! The -DT on the boss is actually tied to the mooks.
I'm playing through the game again so I'll give this battle another shot with another team once I reach it again.

Also, did I hear Soul Calibur V? **** Pyrrha.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I've never seen Kill la Kill, and I've heard of it, but I know nothing about it, nor do I know it's characters.
I mean, the internet isn't all anime.

Which is why I'm talking about Ping Pong the Animation. This show is really good. You should all watch it.
Not all of us can be ****ing weeb nerds.

Kill la Kill is decent tho check it out if you like overtop shonen that makes fun of the genre
I wasn't talking about via anime forums or watching it or that the internet is all anime or anything like that.

I simply meant the fact that regardless of what kind of place it was, people were talking about Kill la Kill pretty much everywhere during it's run and while after. Even places with absolutely nothing to do with anime or anything of similar nature. Therefore, I'm surprised and impressed.

Surprise surprise, people get surprised when someone hasn't heard of something overly popular no matter what it is! How shocking! D:

Seriously, I've been that person who hasn't heard of stuff and even I don't react to people like "It's not lik the whole world revolves around it or anything" or anything like that.

Hell, I didn't even know any Nintendo characters outside of Mario, DK, Yoshi and Pikachu until Smash 64 came out.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
My first Fire Emblem game was Shadow Dragon. Got hooked and got every other North America released FE (and waited for the release of Awakening), except for FE7 because it is a ***** to get, and just fell in love with the series, with Radiant Dawn becoming my fave game of the series (might change when I get the chance to play FE7 or any of the Japan exclusives). I was able to PoR for like around 20 bucks at a Gamestop, but this was when they still sold GC game (albeitwas still a really hard to find game even then but I got lucky), Sacred Stones for around 12 bucks or so (again at a Gamestop but this was when only 1 in like a 100 Gamestops sold GBA games so I got super lucky with that) and Radiant Dawn wasn't hard to get at all, and was cheaper then PoR lol, and then the eventual announcement for Awakening and pre-order of it. Still need to get FE7 but it I don't have the cash for it and don't really want to buy it on the Wii-U because the Wii-U isn't mine so I wouldn't be able to take it with me when I eventually get out of here.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Honestly, it wasn't even overt. It was just touched on, and the relationship dynamic can just be seen as just overly affectionate siblings. Even their whole "we're gonna stick together" A-rank support could be seen as just the last remnants of a family not wanting to lose each other after the fall of their kingdom and death of their father. Although then you've got a lot of people outright stating their jealous of the other sibling in the romantic supports, so..

And then you get their weapons. Erika's Sieglinde and Ephraim's Siegmund. Who were, in the Ring Saga(the opera made by Wagner, and also where Ride of the Valkyries comes from), a pair of incestuous twins. Ephraim's still hot, tho.
I did not knew about the weapons being inspired from the Wagner operas. The more your know.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Acting like the moment you touched the internet you didnt become an anime

sacrelige

CORY

wut
BRoomer
god dammit, i was working on making my 3dmaneuver gear yesterday. turns out, that i can't draw a ****ing straight line for **** and ruined the first set of panels...

really, it's that i didn't realize just how warped the actual foamboard i was using is, even the factory cut sides are too warped to use for it... god dammit...

Top Bottom