• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 FE has a ton of literature and cutlural references, especially to european literature and cultures. For the most part, it also makes a decent amount of sense, and if you know the references, and adds an extra juicy layer of subtext to a lot of things. I remember there being an entire wikipedia page on it somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser I wasn't trying to offend you or anything, sorry if I came off like that. I just find the general "you haven't heard of x thing before?" reaction to be pretty tiresome. I'd also like to point out that anime is a niche medium, even on the internet. People weren't talking about Kill la Kill everywhere, it's just likely that they were talking about it everywhere you frequent. Confirmation bias, essentially.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser I wasn't trying to offend you or anything, sorry if I came off like that. I just find the general "you haven't heard of x thing before?" reaction to be pretty tiresome. I'd also like to point out that anime is a niche medium, even on the internet. People weren't talking about Kill la Kill everywhere, it's just likely that they were talking about it everywhere you frequent. Confirmation bias, essentially.
Anime hasn't been "niche" online for a little over a decade, dude. That'd be like saying that games are still a niche thing these days when they're so far from the truth.

I don't "frequent" anything group of places online solely. I browse all around to places that don't even pertain to my interests solely out of boredom. Or when I want to see news of different kinds of things. Whether you realized it or not, it was in a lot of places. Taking "everywhere" so literally just to go the whole "Nuh uh, you just think that" is really close-minded. Especially considering that it wasn't just the internet in this case. Maybe you're just a little unaware of how far spread out it was.

Whether or not you personally find that reaction tiresome is irrelevant and unimportant. It's still a completely normal reaction that no one should be ridiculed for as long as they're not going "You're a dumbass for not knowing about that! What's wrong with you!?" or something of that nature, which isn't what's going on here at all. (Pretty common among Nintendo fans, though.)

All I said was that I was surprised. Let me just do that and have my peace without any BS, thank you.

I think we're done now.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
My first Fire Emblem game was Shadow Dragon. Got hooked and got every other North America released FE (and waited for the release of Awakening), except for FE7 because it is a ***** to get, and just fell in love with the series, with Radiant Dawn becoming my fave game of the series (might change when I get the chance to play FE7 or any of the Japan exclusives). I was able to PoR for like around 20 bucks at a Gamestop, but this was when they still sold GC game (albeitwas still a really hard to find game even then but I got lucky), Sacred Stones for around 12 bucks or so (again at a Gamestop but this was when only 1 in like a 100 Gamestops sold GBA games so I got super lucky with that) and Radiant Dawn wasn't hard to get at all, and was cheaper then PoR lol, and then the eventual announcement for Awakening and pre-order of it. Still need to get FE7 but it I don't have the cash for it and don't really want to buy it on the Wii-U because the Wii-U isn't mine so I wouldn't be able to take it with me when I eventually get out of here.
FE7 is the best NA released one but it's different in that it's bare basics instead of fluffed with all the skills
Needless to say, I'm not a big fan of the skills, and prefer the raw strategy with less RNG involved.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
As far as FE goes, Lyn and Ephaim have special places in my heart.
Seriously, this man.
He's Marth, with cool hair, a better cape, muscles before Marth got them, and a better weapon.
Oh my gosh.

Too bad his Sister's more into him than the rest of the female population of Magvel.
Even if it would leave FE without a female rep, I'd be fine with Ephraim getting a spot on the CSS. Seriously tho. This guy.

3dit: If we could get Melee-esque cape physics working on this man....oh mah lawd I shant torture myself with these beautiful thoughts.
M04r 3dit: You know, considering the fact that we already have an Elibe rep, a Tellius rep, and an Archanea/Ylisse rep, that really only leaves the Jugdral and Magvel series without a link. When you factor in the fact that most of the lords throughout these games use swords exclusively (That is, before you bring a poly-filled mount into it), Ephraim would definitely diversify gameplay possibilities a bit.

Last edited:

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
We talkin about anime?
I just got into DanMachi because of a gif someone posted here a few pages ago

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Yipes vs Xecutioner FT100 in Marvel 2 is up is anyone is interested and have 5-6 hours to kill.

EDIT: Also random top 4 tourney vid of Salior Moon Super S at TSB blazegreen.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
@Umbreon Mia is queen badass in Radiant Dawn. I had her max out all of her important stats with clever BEXP use, as a Trueblade. And then I gave her Alondite just because.

@ PlateProp PlateProp I have a couch, and a carpeted floor? Although you may not enjoy waking up to hungover nerds and loud noises from the kitchen, the smell of curry, or loud music.

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
fire emblem is one of my fave video game series, i have all the NA released games <3
cormag is my husbando~
cherche is my waifu tho

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I have a bunk bed ;)
Idk if I could get all the way to Florida
@Umbreon Mia is queen badass in Radiant Dawn. I had her max out all of her important stats with clever BEXP use, as a Trueblade. And then I gave her Alondite just because.

@ PlateProp PlateProp I have a couch, and a carpeted floor? Although you may not enjoy waking up to hungover nerds and loud noises from the kitchen, the smell of curry, or loud music.
Sleep is for the weak
Are you in Texas? xD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

alondite is actually the best weapon you can give her but thats mostly because 1-2 range is a million times better than 1 and the defense boost is nice. best way to build Mia overall is to give her dark/water support, let her keep shove astra vantage +20 crit, and then some combination of resolve/adept with cancel. or if youre me you support her with another fire unit like boyd and give her resolve and gamble.

yeah

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer

>mfw I find out one of my partners is bailing on meeting to do a group project

>mfw I find out he did the entire thing for us instead

Helsong

Smash Ace
I unfortunately never quite used Stefan. Must've been my bias against prepromotes after playing previous FEs. Mia was a fun character though, I really liked her and could relate a bit when I was playing through PoR when it first came out. Helped that she also kicked major ass, although she could certainly fall prey to the standard Myrmidon flaw of not having enough strength, should the RNG screw you. RD's BEXP system helps alleviate RNG screws slightly, but only after your units have maxed out a few stats.

Which is why I always sacrificed Oliver to the Random Number Goddess, so that she might be merciful to me.
Didn't stop Ike from getting critted on a few solo runs, though.

@ PlateProp PlateProp I am not in Texas, sorry, not anywhere close. Seems like PM's big in TX though, so you might not have too difficult of a time finding a place to stay.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
oh you~

this is my bae

I respect that choice.

fire emblem is one of my fave video game series, i have all the NA released games <3
cormag is my husbando~
cherche is my waifu tho
Wyvern riders you have good taste especially those two lol.

I already posted my waifu though. I don't feel like doing it again and if we are talking about Myrmidons you have to give due to Navarre the O.G. There's too many character I like from this class :(

D

Deleted member

I unfortunately never quite used Stefan. Must've been my bias against prepromotes after playing previous FEs. Mia was a fun character though, I really liked her and could relate a bit when I was playing through PoR when it first came out. Helped that she also kicked major ***, although she could certainly fall prey to the standard Myrmidon flaw of not having enough strength, should the RNG screw you. RD's BEXP system helps alleviate RNG screws slightly, but only after your units have maxed out a few stats.
mia maxes out skl and spe very fast and str is her third best stat so using bexp to compensate for it is pretty easy. she also comes with a +att affinity so the +2 offsets the gender bias. shes also basically the only usable TB on hard mode.

vantage resolve and cancel arent really used for a combo per se, since at capped stats getting vantage and cancel combo only works 16% of the time and 36% with resolve active. its more like resolve is just busted in RD and cancel is just better than wrath daunt etc

also lucia and mia can only get S rank sword as SM and edward zihark can get SS, so more gender bias lol

Helsong

Smash Ace
My Mia had a consistent rate of getting screwed in STR, despite what the stat growths say. I guess that's why it's RNG, haha. But it never did take long for her to max it out with BEXP. I never did run through RD's Hard Mode, and all this is making me wish I hadn't lost the disc somewhere.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
My Mia had a consistent rate of getting screwed in STR, despite what the stat growths say. I guess that's why it's RNG, haha. But it never did take long for her to max it out with BEXP. I never did run through RD's Hard Mode, and all this is making me wish I hadn't lost the disc somewhere.
happened to you too, huh? bummer

wouldn't be so bad if the games weren't so expensive nowadays...

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Nixie Nixie your avatar bothers me. Not because it's bad, but because I swear I've seen it before, and I have no idea where. ANd yeah, it sucks. Almost as bad as trying to get a hold of the Metroid Prime Trilogy release.
Seriously Nintendo, VC releases when?!

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Usb loading is your friend

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
im finally free from the crappyhotel job guys

also i got waifuchan's number

Top Bottom