• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
It's like school

Actually I realized your avatar changed to an animoo. I then checked the rest of the page and there's actually only 2/3 people with animoo girl avatars.
I've been bouncing around avatars all week. Deciding is hard

Helsong

Smash Ace
My avatars across most websites have always been video game characters whose outfits I like and want to try making. I suck at arts and crafts, though, so it's rarely ever come to fruition. But I can dream.

So, I won a moneymatch today. $5, best of 5, GnW dittos. Didn't get recorded, but I beat my opponent 3-1. Super happy about it, since GnW is a character I'm just starting to pick up. Got two 9s in the process.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm the only one with a consistent avatar principles around here, it seems.
I only use pictures of my character as my avatar, so I'd say I'm consistent as well.

Then again, almost everyone broke consistency thanks to Shaqboards. lol

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
So, I won a moneymatch today. $5, best of 5, GnW dittos. Didn't get recorded, but I beat my opponent 3-1. Super happy about it, since GnW is a character I'm just starting to pick up. Got two 9s in the process.
An excellent character choice, good sir / madam.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I have Ike. It is all I need.

Softie, on the other hand, I'm gonna need the sauce on that.

Helsong

Smash Ace
My one true love is and shall always be the Radiant Hero of Legend. His girth sword is just too amazing to ignore.

But I can flirt with some other characters, too. GnW is turning out to be a ton of fun to play around with, and I still want to get decent with Roy. Marth feels a bit too...bleh for me. I think it's the floatiness, but I still enjoy playing Zelda, so it's not just that, I think. Plus, Marth feels fine in Melee, so I dunno what it is.

Last edited:

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
On the topic of picking a main: How much does "feeling" come into it? Like, do you think that there's something beyond in game results or traits that go into a character? In every fighting game, the subset of characters i like is the big fat heavy hitters, so i've tried every one in PM seriously. I can play ROB ok, and there isn't anything inherently wrong with the character, and he fits my requirements, but his animations kind of bore me and he's just kind of boring to play. My friends say my Ganon is my best character, but he kind of bores me as well, I just think he's easy with basic knowledge of tech skill (like basic wavelanding) so i perform well. However, when i pick a character that interests me more like Dedede, I do terrible and the in game stuff falls apart and I can't perform. What do you think the balance is between picking a character you can play and picking a character that you like the visuals/feel/style of? Should you stick with someone you like but are ****ty with and grind it out and hope you get better, or just work with a character that works well?

TL:DR I only perform well with characters that kind of bore me, but can't perform with characters that interest me. Where's your balance?

Helsong

Smash Ace
How could you not know Vyndktvx, the being from the 5th dimension?
I can't perceive in 5 dimensions, that's why. Also, I don't read comics/graphic novels very often.

On the topic of picking a main: How much does "feeling" come into it? Like, do you think that there's something beyond in game results or traits that go into a character? In every fighting game, the subset of characters i like is the big fat heavy hitters, so i've tried every one in PM seriously. I can play ROB ok, and there isn't anything inherently wrong with the character, and he fits my requirements, but his animations kind of bore me and he's just kind of boring to play. My friends say my Ganon is my best character, but he kind of bores me as well, I just think he's easy with basic knowledge of tech skill (like basic wavelanding) so i perform well. However, when i pick a character that interests me more like Dedede, I do terrible and the in game stuff falls apart and I can't perform. What do you think the balance is between picking a character you can play and picking a character that you like the visuals/feel/style of? Should you stick with someone you like but are ****ty with and grind it out and hope you get better, or just work with a character that works well?

TL:DR I only perform well with characters that kind of bore me, but can't perform with characters that interest me. Where's your balance?
In my case, if I don't have any attachment to them beyond the game's mechanics, then I don't play them. I play Ike because I love FE. I'm picking up GnW because he's kinda quirky. It also helps that they feel satisfying t play as well. But, I think if I didn't have that interest in the character, then I wouldn't be motivated to improve with them. So maybe just try to grind it out with the ones that interest you? If they're really ones that you enjoy playing, then the grind won't feel bad. If it feels hopeless or pointless, then maybe it's just not meant to be.
In other fighting games, I go for characters that flow well or feel fun to play. But I do think there is something beyond just how their mechanics work. It's a sort of..intuitive feel for how the character works, matching up with how you want to play.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
In my case, if I don't have any attachment to them beyond the game's mechanics, then I don't play them. I play Ike because I love FE. I'm picking up GnW because he's kinda quirky. It also helps that they feel satisfying t play as well. But, I think if I didn't have that interest in the character, then I wouldn't be motivated to improve with them. So maybe just try to grind it out with the ones that interest you? If they're really ones that you enjoy playing, then the grind won't feel bad. If it feels hopeless or pointless, then maybe it's just not meant to be. Just my two cents.
Like, the difference between my ganon and my dedede is that I 3-4 stocked my friend's marth (and he's the best out of our friend group, and marth is his main) but my dedede get's 3-4 stocked every time by even his 3rd or 4th string characters. Like the difference between ganon and the rest of my characters is monumental. What i'm saying is that the grind is really a grind with any other character against these guys. Thanks for the help though, it validates me a little bit, he doesn't play a character for any reason beyond how their core mechanics.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Like, the difference between my ganon and my dedede is that I 3-4 stocked my friend's marth (and he's the best out of our friend group, and marth is his main) but my dedede get's 3-4 stocked every time by even his 3rd or 4th string characters. Like the difference between ganon and the rest of my characters is monumental. What i'm saying is that the grind is really a grind with any other character against these guys. Thanks for the help though, it validates me a little bit, he doesn't play a character for any reason beyond how their core mechanics.
Tbh ganon is very strong at low level play and it could be that your friend has a very hard time dealing with him. Dedede can still be strong at low level play but his bigger hitbox can make it hard to do good with him until you start learning the matchups more and get better with spacing your moves.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
i dont even know what i'd change my avatar to, probably something of bec if i ever did

D

Deleted member

change your avatar into you animorphing into a lucario

make sure you put the scholastic emblem in the corner

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey guys should I change my avat *gets shot*

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I have Star Fox and Fire Emblem i'm golden.

In other news I got done with a podcast with my local smash scene.

D

Deleted member

I never thought I'd see the day where TLOC drops Project M

TLOC viewers/subs will probably get smaller. Oh well, we can always go to Video Game Concentration Camp :yeahboi:

Player -0

Smash Hero
They're called "Internment Camps" in America!
It's much nicer than Germany's "Concentration Camps."

It's not like we did similar stuff or anything.

Not sure how I feel about the "Project M Central" thingy...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Why do I get the feeling that the smash community's thirst for Nintendo approval/sponsorship is going to end like a certain type of teen movie plot?

zman804

Smash Ace
I can promise AZPM will stay true to this silly mod. Worst comes to worst we'll move to Hitbox. Did I mention we have a national coming up? We have a national coming up.

I thought of some clever things to say but I don't want to sound petty or rude so I figured I'd just go strait for the shill. Did you know that HBox, Armada and Leffen are coming to AZ for a tournament on April 18th and 19th?

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
I can promise AZPM will stay true to this silly mod. Worst comes to worst we'll move to Hitbox. Did I mention we have a national coming up? We have a national coming up.
But you guys already have a separate channel for PM...

I guess your Lucario knows Foresight.

Last edited:

zman804

Smash Ace
But you guys already have a separate channel for PM...

I guess your Lucario knows Foresight.
No lol, AZMeleeCommunity is done by a completely different person. I don't think any other Smash streamer has had to deal with as much goddamnn local competition as I have to be honest.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Also AZPM was like, the first real dedicated AZ smash stream. Some people streamed off their own accounts (K9 used to for a while, Vixen did a lot actually) but until evo 2013 the melee scene was hella small. They recorded but no streams(tai, vectorman, and Axe all have tons of youtube videos on their channel). AZMC was all mexray/Axe, and even that fell apart to make room for M2k's stream and MVG_League, which mexray helps run now. We also have like 3 smash 4 streams, and nearly every venue other than college rooms have their own stream too, ****ing too many streams

so give PFG a follow at www.twitch.tv/AZPF :)

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Why hasn't the Hitbox switch happened yet? The way these sub buttons are being controlled to keep PM out from within the community is a much worse situation than people dropping the game by their own choice.

Is it because Twitch is the biggest fast food chain with the most customers that it's hard to get people to move?

zman804

Smash Ace
Why hasn't the Hitbox switch happened yet? The way these sub buttons are being controlled to keep PM out from within the community is a much worse situation than people dropping the game by their own choice.

Is it because Twitch is the biggest fast food chain with the most customers that it's hard to get people to move?
Can't even Kappa on Hitbox. Why watch video games without gray faces, dogs, and Gootecks?

Kidneyjoe

Smash Cadet
I don't know why the non-partnered channels don't give it a shot. It's not like they'd be losing out on sub money or anything. If they just continued to plug their streams on Reddit and Smashboards like they do now then I'm sure they'd at least get some viewers.

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
No lol, AZMeleeCommunity is done by a completely different person. I don't think any other Smash streamer has had to deal with as much goddamnn local competition as I have to be honest.
The FBI is gonna roll up and confiscate all of your pm content. Then their gonna start listing off all of the federal laws you've broken by streaming pm. Yo ass is goin to jail son

Last edited:
Top Bottom