• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Why control sub buttons.
Like why does Twitch gaf?

We need a man on the inside.

Edit: Why doesn't projectmgame.com have community created articles like MIOM?
At least Smashboards is on our side. I need to look into what it takes to become writing staff.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude. You're freaking out about a single girl on tinder that you didn't even know? You need to take a step back and reevaluate your situation.

You didn't even KNOW her. Yea you hung out for a while, but that didn't mean you knew her, and yet you're all down about it. Realize it man, that's gonna happen a lot more. Rejection is just a part of life, it doesn't mean anything is wrong with you, it means that you weren't what they were looking for in that point in time, who gives a ****? Who knows, on another day they might have been into it, but at that particular point, they just weren't feeling you. That's not bad either, would you want someone hanging around you because they felt like they had to? Do you do that? I hope not.

All in all, just get back out there and keep swiping. Lighten up, she wasn't the one, in fact, there is no ONE. There's good and bad ones, but there is no ONE person out there who you're meant to be with. Find the good ones and stick with them, ditch the bad ones.
I might have not knew her inner character, but hours of questioning had me match up with half her general stuff. That's another mistake, I did too much interests type stuff and not deep enough questions.

To her, I've only sent her a "How's it going" and that was that. I'm doing better now. I still believe there are the ONEs out there, but I still need to improve myself anyways for them. She was for the most part the opposite of any female "player" or average tinder girl. She met all my physical wants, and she had no hang-ups like annoying voice/accent (I'm certainly more annoying): but overall maybe I over-estimated the connecting especially if she's not a good person enough to send a respectful rejection or something (and again that's a subjective matter, maybe ignoring me until I inquire is best policy to have). I still feel like calling her one day and cheerfully asking her a couple things for the sake of it for extra peace of mind. Also the more I go through stuff the more I feel like a one day thing, no matter how good, wouldn't be worth much of anything. It felt so good to just imagine her with me at family events lol. Maybe I appeal enough to people to be decent for a one day thing, but my boyfriend factors with generosity in offerings and stuff is minimal. My first gf being rich spoiled me so good.

In other news I often run out of likes and switch the thing to search for guys to analyze their stuff (and switch the distance limit). Accidentally swiped right on ONLY one guy and matched, and he doesn't even look gay. Either gay guys go for everyone or I'm attractive to gay people. He likes my moments at least, so I guess that's nice of him lol..

But the best picture a guy has had so far was this http://i.minus.com/jHcx4HXvQ5nfV.png , I like everything about the photo

Also AZPM was like, the first real dedicated AZ smash stream. Some people streamed off their own accounts (K9 used to for a while, Vixen did a lot actually) but until evo 2013 the melee scene was hella small. They recorded but no streams(tai, vectorman, and Axe all have tons of youtube videos on their channel). AZMC was all mexray/Axe, and even that fell apart to make room for M2k's stream and MVG_League, which mexray helps run now. We also have like 3 smash 4 streams, and nearly every venue other than college rooms have their own stream too, ****ing too many streams

so give PFG a follow at www.twitch.tv/AZPF :)
When Smashboards first incorporated the stream side-bar anyone could stream and be recognized (me and metroid playing at my house). After everything took off I immediately stopped caring, now I just record replays or save locally when I got people over.

https://youtu.be/zQfq78B7Edw?t=380

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Hours of questioning sounds like an interrogation.

But just keep in mind man that no matter what you ask people are going to answer in a way that make themselves look good. Which isn't really deceptive since everyone wants to make a good first impression.

It's when their guard is down do you start to see how they really are.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I'm willing to give Infinity the benefit of the doubt for now, no matter how much this looks like the VGBC thing at first glance.

PMDepot still better though @ SpiderMad SpiderMad

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm willing to give Infinity the benefit of the doubt for now, no matter how much this looks like the VGBC thing at first glance.

I felt the same way. It seemed to me like he's just trying to get a pool of people to all contribute to one hub, which he "could" have done with TourneyLocator just fine but maybe he wanted PM in the name. When you have so many followers already though I mean: 1- They're not all gonna switch to the other channel easily 2- What's TourneyLocator for now? Just Melee stuff to make things organized? Don't know stream stuff, or how to make any revenue in the first place: so indeed idk. You just had to make TourneyLocator ring in your mind as the primarily PM based equivalent for VGBootcamp, which they were already doing.

As such he's doing this similar hub idea. Note the thread creator said he would contact "PMDepot" but never did, not sure how that shows dedication on his idea.
http://smashboards.com/threads/vgbc...ate-a-project-m-channel.390116/#post-18533925
I think PMDepot needs to stick to generally tutorial type stuff but idk. One hub for matches/streams/tournies, like he's making now. The other for generally tutorials, and miscellaneous; which we already got cemented given anyone adequate can join (Chesstiger and Panda still haven't got time to make anything yet though).

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master

The vibe I'm getting is that this is a result of TLOC being pressured from Twitch. VGBC feared repercussions from Nintendo and so removed PM content from both their Twitch and Youtube, TLOC is only dropping PM on Twitch they'll still have it on their Youtube, and will still upload PM content to it. So there's currently no problem with them having it on Youtube, it has to be Twitch forcing their hand. PMCentral is them trying to find a way to still be able to stream it.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I think people really should stop their knee-jerk reactions. The way I see it, the speculation could go either way.
Either Infinity is genuinely trying to get PMcentral off the ground by making his PM content exclusively for it for X amount of time, or Twitch reps are pressuring PM streamers to stop in order to keep their sub buttons.

or it's much more complicated than either of those.

We'll probably find out soon.

Last edited:

zman804

Smash Ace
People really shouldn't be unsubbing from TLoc. My understanding (I don't actually know anything ya'll don't) is that a twitch sub cannot coexist with PM content. PMCentral is almost like a shell corporation in that it allows them to stream PM without losing the Subscribe button. The YT vids will still be in the same place, everything else will probably be the same. This is honestly a very elegant solution to a very dumb problem.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The vibe I'm getting is that this is a result of TLOC being pressured from Twitch. VGBC feared repercussions from Nintendo and so removed PM content from both their Twitch and Youtube, TLOC is only dropping PM on Twitch they'll still have it on their Youtube, and will still upload PM content to it. So there's currently no problem with them having it on Youtube, it has to be Twitch forcing their hand. PMCentral is them trying to find a way to still be able to stream it.
No. They're gonna stream Melee/Smash 4 on TLOC I'm guessing. And PMCentral will be able to grow easily solely from them advertising it on TLOC and the name itself. Infinity said he's not hiding any underlying secret, unless you guys think he's lied in the past. His problem is just gonna be managing the people who want to collaborate, which won't be that hard.
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad how would you feel about uploading friendlies there? I've got a few of them on my personal channel which gets no traffic, may work better to put them on yours if appropriate.
Right now I'd say no. Just make a combo video or link your stuff in the description during your Match Analysis. I think having the ability to swift through All videos being under the hundreds is valuable (with the quantity being quality, aside from old stuff). I still got content I feel is too short (in which I usually try to make an entire tutorial video going over it and related things) or goofy I haven't made public. A PMDepot2 would be easy to have all that on, but I mean.. I guess we COULD do that. At that point though I think we've lost too much direction lol.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
No. They're gonna stream Melee/Smash 4 on TLOC I'm guessing. And PMCentral will be able to grow easily solely from them advertising it on TLOC and the name itself. Infinity said he's not hiding any underlying secret, unless you guys think he's lied in the past. His problem is just gonna be managing the people who want to collaborate, which won't be that hard.
Everything he's posted has been incredibly vague and basically screams "I'm not able to say more". His problem is that this is outside his control.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I think people really should stop their knee-jerk reactions. The way I see it, the speculation could go either way.
Either Infinity is genuinely trying to get PMcentral off the ground by making his PM content exclusively for it for X amount of time, or Twitch reps are pressuring PM streamers to stop in order to keep their sub buttons.

or it's much more complicated than either of those.

We'll probably find out soon.
Infinity's wording his posts very carefully and not giving a lot of straight answers. If not for that I'd be less apprehensive. If he delivers long term then all well and good, but he'd have done well to assuage fears by packaging the announcement with something really big and beneficial to the community on the new channel. This is going to be rough for a little while no matter what (it'll take a while to get the new channel off the ground, get everyone watching it, get a quality button, etc) and that would have smoothed things out, not to mention smoothed relations over, immensely.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Why do I get the feeling that the smash community's thirst for Nintendo approval/sponsorship is going to end like a certain type of teen movie plot?
Because that's exactly how this is going, and exactly how it will end.
People are unironically acting out tropes like http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SmugSnake and http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheShill, and it's both heinous and hilarious.
Either Infinity is genuinely trying-
Giving people the benefit of the doubt like this is almost always going to result in disappointment, and from experience, I can tell you that the chances that this scenario will end well are NOT good.
I'm the only one with principles around here, it seems.
Anime waifus? No thanks, I prefer my lovers in 5 dimensions with non-euclidean geometry.
This my waifu wall *snip*

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Why do I get the feeling that the smash community's thirst for Nintendo approval/sponsorship is going to end like a certain type of teen movie plot?
You mean Final Destination ?

(There's gotta be a better way to do this joke but I don't have time for that rn).

SunJester

Smash Ace
This news makes me so incredibly sad.

It's clear at this point Nintendo is trying to choke PM out of the scene. Stream national tourney -> get 5k viewers -> 1 week later suddenly the channel is dropping PM.

Clearly Nintendo is pressuring twitch to remove sub buttons from any channel that streams PM. I remember MessiNYC saying that when he was trying to get a sub button he was basically told as long as he streams PM, he will never get one. IIRC Waffru was trying to get one too.

Can we maybe set up a patreon for any streamer brave enough to stream PM now?

Regardless PMCentral is at least more than GimR gave us. I think TLoC is stuck between a rock and a hard place, I at least appreciate the effort to remedy the situation, but I can't help but feel a bit betrayed.

Also sorry for my absence, meds are kicking my ass.

Last edited:

zman804

Smash Ace
a sub button he was basically told as long as he streams PM, he will never get one. IIRC Waffru was trying to get one too.

Can we maybe set up a patreon for any streamer brave enough to stream PM now?
Would this look bad to people? I've considered doing something like this, but it honestly feels like begging. I dunno.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Would this look bad to people? I've considered doing something like this, but it honestly feels like begging. I dunno.
I don't think it would be too bad, explain the situation and people should be able to understand?

Maybe if this PMCentral thing takes off, we can have a collectivized patreon for it, each of the current big PM streams (Xanadu, DFW, Arizona, smashing grounds, free saltines etc) each take a day and divide up the patreon funds to buy things for the streams that need them the most.

If it doesn't pan out it might still be a decent idea for some streams to take advantage of it. Its so hard to tell at this point.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I go to Reddit to check the info on TLOC's post.

I find a thread about regional hidden bosses, so I get interested and click it

It's one of the local Waco guys and he mentions me in the OP as his hidden boss example

#RedditBoiz

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Why hasn't the Hitbox switch happened yet? The way these sub buttons are being controlled to keep PM out from within the community is a much worse situation than people dropping the game by their own choice.

Is it because Twitch is the biggest fast food chain with the most customers that it's hard to get people to move?
Hitbox has it's own set of problems and people don't want to leave their comfort zone
Plus, if Hitbox started to get big I'd expect more or less the same out of them too.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Would Nintendo really be able to pull the strings like that but still prevent Twitch employees from telling anyone?

Like how evil can D1 really be.

Is anyone drinking buddies with Scar or D1?

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
maybe we should just get a streamer with a sub botton and mad loyalty and make him stream project m
Like chillindude829 without the giving my b's

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
We know better than that.
Remember,
Huh, that's like an alternate reality version of Bill Cipher...

And can I just say how much I hate this P:M situation. Like dang, why does a Smash game have to have so much legal trouble and drama. I just want to watch a cool game ;-;

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Trust the smash continuum, my brothers. Once replay mode and live replay streaming are added to PM, PMDT will release their own streaming service. A promised land for poverty games.

Top Bottom