• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

metroid1117

Smash Master
Gratz Metroid for winning last Romo!
Thanks Oro :). I'm just glad that I ended my 0-4 losing streak against Strong Bad. (Yup, 0-4 before this. Strong Bad too strong.)

Also, Strong Bad and I entered teams going DOUBLE IKE. We couldn't clench out the win against Darkatma (Sheik/Peach) and Vista (Wario), but we won GF1 3-1 and brought GF2 to game 5. Videos will be up sometime this week!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
The most common option is to use AmarecTV to stream the game onto your computer, and use Xsplit/OBS to capture a screen region where the Amarec window is. By extension, the game sound will be playing on your computer from the Amerec window, so you just have Xsplit/OBS capture the audio from your desktop (you may have to use Virtual Audio Cables if you don't want other sounds from your PC to be heard). The one downside to this is that it gets a bit cluttered because you have to leave the Amarec window open at all times, especially if you have a small monitor.

The other option is to go back a few pages in this thread and find the thing that Jolteon linked in response to a similar question. It's some program that supposedly lets you stream the audio from your game to a Dazzle directly, like how it should work normally.
http://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6623 this would be what hdt is referring to.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Got 2nd out of 8 at a lan party organized at a friend's school. They were mostly casuals, except for the top 3.
I almost won a Christmas calendar with chocolate in it. FML.

Next tourney should be the next big melee major in Paris, the week end after the 3.0 release. I hope I can deal with the upcoming Ivysaur nerfs quickly enough to put up a good show and attract curious people to the P:M freeplay area I'll be hosting :V

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ivy Bair being your "bread and butter" is like a pilot telling you his favorite thing is Flying

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Man, just got PM working on Dolphin. Wish Fraps didn't push my laptop's limits and make it lag. If not I'd be throwing up so many videos, the quality is so ****ing good.

Smash on keyboard actually is really ****ing awesome. Waiting on my GC adapter.

#repost

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Hopefully more than the F-air. It's not really that FAIR that it kind of sucks.

But as long as you don't say bread, I'm fine.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Man, just got PM working on Dolphin. Wish Fraps didn't push my laptop's limits and make it lag. If not I'd be throwing up so many videos, the quality is so ****ing good.

#repost
Just record the screen with a cam then :cool:
the PMBR created a frame advance code they use, but I wonder if they'll ever create an in-game debug menu like Melee's with upper left display of animation name and frame data, and hitboxes turned off/on: that'd be amazing since Melee's debug menu is super entertaining.

metroid1117

Smash Master

#repost
Serious question - how do you do differentiate between tilts and smashes with a keyboard? I played 64 Smash on a keyboard against a friend back in high school, but it was a hassle to do tilts because you had to hold the direction and then press attack.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Seriously tho, why the **** is Falco's Dair a spike for the entirety of the move? Is there any other spike like that that lasts as long?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Serious question - how do you do differentiate between tilts and smashes with a keyboard? I played 64 Smash on a keyboard against a friend back in high school, but it was a hassle to do tilts because you had to hold the direction and then press attack.
Well that's one of the only problems with keyboard PM (besides the fact that some glide tosses are much harder to do). There IS a "modifier" button, which basically acts as a "tilt" button for your left/C-stick, so you may do tilts. But that requires you to press three buttons at once. Which sucks.

What you can do is use Brawl's rules; if you're currently doing any action on the ground that forces you through recovery, you can just hold up to do a utilt after you've recovered. Dtilts, just hold down, no need for anything special. Down is the only direction you're allowed to tilt or smash with just two buttons, smash down for dsmash.

Ftilts are the hardest, because you HAVE to use the modifier button. If not, you'll dash. Setting Left/Right/Down/Up to any button in Dolphin makes you smash that direction no matter what, unless you use the modifier button.

The odd part about that is, playing Diddy, you can control whether you do tilt or smash sideB with just the left stick controls, as well as tilt/smash downB. I assume the same for anyone else, such as Ivysaur sideb.

B reversals are really hard sometimes.

Otherwise? If someone were to master keyboard smash, they would probably be the most technically adept player ever. I love it so far.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
You won't be saying that after I'm winning tournaments with a worse Ivy.

Just ask Rat and Oro?!, my Ivy is the truth. I am the future.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
That was basically everyones bnb move

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
oh hey I figured out how to log in at school HELLO THREAD

q: what are the changes for meta knight 3.0? I want less dthrow techchase spamming and also uthrow to be actually useful ok thank you santa

Rikana

Smash Champion
I used to buffer my tilts for Smash64 on a computer.

Vickyboi

Smash Cadet
Would it be possible to set the controller type to wiimote without a nunchuck in dolphin?
Doubletap forward for dash, hold for tilt sounds okay.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Huh, didnt really notice what changed with Ice Missiles...

anywho, did anything get changed with yoshi's Down b?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Seriously tho, why the **** is Falco's Dair a spike for the entirety of the move? Is there any other spike like that that lasts as long?
There are only 5 "practical" spikes in melee.

Falco's D-air
Marth's D-air(NTSC only)
Ganondorf's Wizards foot in the air
Falcon's nipple spike
and Fox's d-air, but there is hardly any hitstun on it so it really doesn't matter.

As for your question, only Ganon's down-B in the air is comparable.

Other impractical spikes are certain hitboxes on Roy's upsmash and Samus' up-B which spike downward.

Top Bottom