• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Well I just finished my biology exam and I know that I am going to get a horrible score that is probably worst than my first exam. I hate that it is too late to change this specific class from being graded to affect my GPA to being a Pass/Fail class so it wouldn't affect my GPA.

I really wish I could drop this class without it being on my record but that feels like quitting and just giving up, which I shouldn't do. :(
THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T BE PRE-MED
well unless you want to be pre-med but

but yeah I barely got into the registrar's office in time to change my upper-level french class (an upper level language is required because yay liberal arts schools) to a pass/fail grade so I wouldn't **** my gpa with a C

as for math courses I dunno about yall but calc 3 is what's keeping my gpa up lmao **** french **** labor economics

I just want to take geo, physics, and math for the rest of my life blehhh
mainly geo

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I'm still debating which was worse tbh: calc 2 or linear algebra

What matters at the end of the day is that i never have to touch numbers for the rest of my life, at least not until taxes

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
wtffff Youtube recognizes Ai No Uta and won't let you monetise a vid with it
THE SONG'S ****ING IN THE GAME HOLY ****

Not only does Distant Planet have the worst music but it's ****ing with my videos too ugggghhhhhhh

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Not only does Distant Planet have the worst music but it's ****ing with my videos too ugggghhhhhhh
This is why you use custom music dolt

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
I think I did college wrong. I majored in music and my final comprehensive paper was on the programmatic aspect of the music from the final 30 minutes of Twilight Princess :v I also gave a presentation to the music board on Dancing Mad from Final Fantasy 6 haha. Good times... Who needs useful majors when you can study video game music all day

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

**** you that song is amazing

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Sometimes I forget you guys play PM.

Those footstool to Falcon Kick combos though
Can this be a new series called "You know your a PM player when"?

You know your a PM player when you do footstool combos and be flashy at the same time.

You use B-Reversing and Wavebouncing with your main to mix people up.

And countless other examples.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So that Bacon Wrapped Pizza from Little Ceasar's is godlike lmao. Small greasy pieces of deliciousness.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T BE PRE-MED
well unless you want to be pre-med but

but yeah I barely got into the registrar's office in time to change my upper-level french class (an upper level language is required because yay liberal arts schools) to a pass/fail grade so I wouldn't **** my gpa with a C

as for math courses I dunno about yall but calc 3 is what's keeping my gpa up lmao **** french **** labor economics

I just want to take geo, physics, and math for the rest of my life blehhh
mainly geo
I'm actually not pre-med, I'm majoring in psych and minoring in sociology. Thankfully this is the only bio course I'll have to take.
Resign and retake it next semester. I was in similar situation as you last semester where I stupidly didn't resign from a class I was doing poorly in and it ended up really, really ****ing things up for me. Luckily the damage is temporary, but it still ****s with my state of mind.
I know it is only temporary, but I would definitely prefer to not resign and have it on my record, and this is still near the beginning of the semester and I am going to try and form a study group because I know others are also not doing very well. Unfortunately there are no tutors for this class so everyone is kind of on their own. :/

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
My controller charm arrived! I love it, next stop is a Jolteon vinyl sticker if this controller passes the test.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what people are talking about, this new mobile layout is perfect, no more meaningless borders pretending to matter on a format with no resizable windows. Now all the space is usable and properly allocated across the page, bigger text, cleaner, less-cluttered-and-easier reading, it even loads faster and avoids annoying ad-resizing pop-in. Ya'll need to take your nostalgia goggles off because this is how a mobile forum should look, not to mention it's also how a majority of them already do.

Bazkip

Smash Master
And then they were multishined to death
rip

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Twitter still ****s up on mobile though

@ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 please use your magic powers and make our lives marginally more convenient :<
I know it is only temporary, but I would definitely prefer to not resign and have it on my record, and this is still near the beginning of the semester and I am going to try and form a study group because I know others are also not doing very well. Unfortunately there are no tutors for this class so everyone is kind of on their own. :/
Wow, that's ridiculous. You're required to take this class, or are you just getting a science gen ed done? When I found out I had to take a science class I freaked out, but then I realized nutrition counted as a science (lol).

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Tbh all I wanted was my name color to match my dress and heels. ;)

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Honestly the more I play 3.5 the more I dislike it because of the balance update. They removed all the good stuff from characters I play atleast besides Roy, who's arguably top 10 now. Along with the nerf update and the legal problems I feel like the game/mod is going in the wrong direction...

SuperCoffeeBros

The Better, Faster, Cheaper Custom Controller
I'm pretty particular about my bacon so I probably wouldn't like it.

Crispy not soggy, but not charred either.

Fatty bacon tastes pretty nasty to me.
The take home pizzas from Walmart are excellent. That is what I had tonight.

Can one really get better from pm netplay or is there too much lag. I know when I played netplay on the wii it was unbearable, is it the same through dolphin?

Alright! Just tuned into Windy city to see some pm. Can hardly wait for Texas tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
ayyy lmao
its almost like yer a guud player

It's a great video, but I have basically the same complaints that everyone else had. It's a 50 minute video that should have been 20 or 30 minutes at most. Your mic and mic technique is kind of painful, honestly, and all the pops and static whooshes are really grating. Get a pop filter, at the least, or better, a good mic and a pop filter.

It'd take a lot more time, but if you're willing to put in the effort, it might look better to have a script, read from the script, and then record the gameplay separately, editing in the gameplay to match what you're talking about where it is necessary.
thats why he shoulda let me edit!

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Along with the nerf update and the legal problems I feel like the game/mod is going in the wrong direction...
That's fine but I think any problems the game faces are 90% the legal gray area it is in and 10% that some people don't like such and such about a latest update. Too many pretend their personal preferences per update is the main reason for any loss of steam and not the huge barriers put in place. People have always had issues with updates but that never caused problems in the past.

As to the nerfs, any particular attack or strategy that was overnerfed that hurt character viability will be compensated with a buff to something in 4.0 at the latest. So I don't see how the game can go in the wrong direction outside of what is not in the PMDT's control.

The recovery rebalance was absolutely needed so I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Last edited:

SuperCoffeeBros

I agree, PM is going in the right direction. 3.5 came at a particularly difficult time, but I see that it is already starting to increase in popularity again.

Besides spacies being a bit strong (and some outlying low tiers), I feel the game is already very balanced.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
That's fine but I think any problems the game faces are 90% the legal gray area it is in and 10% that some people don't like such and such about a latest update. Too many pretend their personal preferences per update is the main reason for any loss of steam and not the huge barriers put in place. People have always had issues with updates but that never caused problems in the past.

As to the nerfs, any particular attack or strategy that was overnerfed that hurt character viability will be compensated with a buff to something in 4.0 at the latest. So I don't see how the game can go in the wrong direction outside of what is not in the PMDT's control.

The recovery rebalance was absolutely needed so I don't see that changing anytime soon.
I'm not mad about the recovery update, I'm mad about what they did to characters like Sonic and Kirby. You can't combo out of Sonic's spin dash so now it's only used for one or two hits from jumping with it and the freefall thing after neutral B was too much, since I used it as a offensive option. They made Kirby's dash attack bad, but what I'm really not feeling is his nerfed up tilt which was everything to him on the ground.

Last edited:

SuperCoffeeBros

I just saw someone running in place on the edge with Falcon on Windy City Smash. How did he do that?

Last edited:

SuperCoffeeBros

I'm not mad about the recovery update, I'm mad about what they did to characters like Sonic and Kirby. You can't combo out of Sonic's spin dash so now it's only used for one or two hits from jumping with it and the freefall thing after neutral B was too much, since I used it as a offensive option. They made Kirby's dash attack bad, but what I'm really not feeling is his nerfed up tilt which was everything to him on the ground.
Ya the freefall seemed pretty extreme, but what would you have done differently. Sonic was very powerful before the nerf.

Top Bottom