• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Smash community need more trash talk matches lol. Someone on a Pokchop level trash talk from Tekken would be amazing.

~Dad~

part time gay dad
I wish I had that to look forward to still. I'm a 29 year old apartment ridden bachelor who only has rice and beans to come home to.
okay well be back in doors before you put dinner on the table. You got this.

Last edited:

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
I'm still on badge 2 on ORAS and have no motivation to play it whatsoever after learning that there was no battle frontier.
i looked that up before buying either
my purchase was completely dependent on the battle frontier being in there

but it wasn't
and y'know what we got instead?
that stupid battle maison again =~=

mimgrim

Smash Hero
What. 15? Or the mmo.
Tetsuya was working on the FF series as well as the KH series and was focused on finishing the 13 series or something like that (I don't much care about FF) and was working on versus 13 or something, which I think is now called 15?, and it was taking up his focus from KH. But now that he has left directors position behind on FF15/Versus 13 he is now more focused on KH3. At least I think that is the case now.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
What the hell fueled the decision to make SEQUELS to 13 when the world was begging for a timely KH3? This has seriously been vexing me for a decade.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Tetsuya was working on the FF series as well as the KH series and was focused on finishing the 13 series or something like that (I don't much care about FF) and was working on versus 13 or something, which I think is now called 15?, and it was taking up his focus from KH. But now that he has left directors position behind on FF15/Versus 13 he is now more focused on KH3. At least I think that is the case now.
That's pretty much it.

The 13 series, which went on longer than initially planned, took up development time from both Versus 13 (Which is now 15) and KH3. Once that was finally done and they were ready to work on both, the PS4 was already on it's way and Nomura had to step things up higher than previously planned for both games which were going to be on the PS3 originally. Later on, Nomura would leave FF15 to focus solely on KH3 and now they're still currently hiring more people to work specifically on KH3 at Square.

So yeah. That's why.

What the hell fueled the decision to make SEQUELS to 13 when the world was begging for a timely KH3? This has seriously been vexing me for a decade.
One thing and one thing only:

Well, that and Nomura's fetish for making outfits for Lightning.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
That's pretty much it.

The 13 series, which went on longer than initially planned, took up development time from both Versus 13 (Which is now 15) and KH3. Once that was finally done and they were ready to work on both, the PS4 was already on it's way and Nomura had to step things up higher than previously planned for both games which were going to be on the PS3 originally. Later on, Nomura would leave FF15 to focus solely on KH3 and now they're still currently hiring more people to work specifically on KH3 at Square.

So yeah. That's why.

One thing and one thing only:

Well, that and Nomura's fetish for making outfits for Lightning.
Lol what movie is that clip from? No word of that on youtube.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Ughh, I hate having to put effort and time into studying things I don't like. I have a biology exam today and I am just hoping I get a decent score compared to my last exam. I would not mind this biology class if there were more actual assignments instead of lectures, a few lab assignments, and exams. It'd make me pay more attention to the info and more likely that I would actually perform better on the exams.

I just want to do stuff for my other classes and play PM, street fighter, and shantae risky's revenge. :(

Vashimus

Smash Master
The sequels to 13 weren't completely made internally, and hence came out in a timely manner. If anything, 14 is to blame for the push back of 15 and KH3, since they had to redo the whole game from scratch because the original was horrible at launch.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Odd question but does anyone know of an app or site that can convert a PDF into a more parse-able format and keep ligatures intact? I tried an online PDF to html5 converter but it makes the ligatures into garbage characters. :/

I really don't want to have to make my own converter because PDF format is a ***** lol

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The sequels to 13 weren't completely made internally, and hence came out in a timely manner. If anything, 14 is to blame for the push back of 15 and KH3, since they had to redo the whole game from scratch since the original was absolutely horrible at launch.
This is correct.

Smooth Criminal

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The sequels to 13 weren't completely made internally, and hence came out in a timely manner. If anything, 14 is to blame for the push back of 15 and KH3, since they had to redo the whole game from scratch since the original was absolutely horrible at launch.
The teams that worked on 14 had absolutely nothing to do with any of those games while the teams that worked on the 13 games were also going to be working on Versus 13 (Now 15) and KH3 before they got the Osaka team on Versus instead once things started to change.

It's even been stated in an interview with Nomura that development on the 13 games is one of the biggest factors as to why it took so long to get to this point for 15 and KH3, though not the only ones.

Then again, Nomura has lied before. >>

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Odd question but does anyone know of an app or site that can convert a PDF into a more parse-able format and keep ligatures intact? I tried an online PDF to html5 converter but it makes the ligatures into garbage characters. :/

I really don't want to have to make my own converter because PDF format is a ***** lol
Basically pdf is the ****tiest format to ever exist. I guess you could try here but I dunno:
https://www.pdftoword.com

Vashimus

Smash Master
The teams that worked on 14 had absolutely nothing to do with any of those games while the teams that worked on the 13 games were also going to be working on Versus 13 (Now 15) and KH3 before they got the Osaka team on Versus instead once things started to change.

It's even been stated in an interview with Nomura that development on the 13 games is one of the biggest factors as to why it took so long to get to this point for 15 and KH3, though not the only ones.

Then again, Nomura has lied before. >>
http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/13Q2_OutlineofResultsBriefing.pdf

Specifically page 12.

"The unsuccessful launch of FFXIV caused a negative chain of events in other areas across the businesses. One notable example is the significant delay in the development of new HD games titles in Japan. As a result, our major releases of HD game titles use IPs previously developed by Eidos Interactive, and are sold mainly in Europe and North America,"

-
Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada

He didn't specifically say FF15 or KH3 (which would be silly for him to do), but it was evidently obvious as the 13 sequels and other KH games directed by Nomura were released then in relatively short amounts of time.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/13Q2_OutlineofResultsBriefing.pdf

Specifically page 12.

"The unsuccessful launch of FFXIV caused a negative chain of events in other areas across the businesses. One notable example is the significant delay in the development of new HD games titles in Japan. As a result, our major releases of HD game titles use IPs previously developed by Eidos Interactive, and are sold mainly in Europe and North America,"

-
Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada
...Like I said, Nomura has lied before. ¦D

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Trying to set up sigs to be just the way you want sure is a pain in the ***, seriously.

I'm trying to decide how I want to line up these sprites. I had the perfect idea at first, but it was too big for the sig even with premium increase. >>'

Also, wait what? What exactly is going on right now? o_o
You have 300px to work with :V

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Haha, I love Pokchop. I am hype for Final Round.
The home of Tekken. Salt and ****** moments rolled up into an entire weekend. Wish I can go but I'm on the job hunt again:(

Also I will leave this here a DBZ live action series called Light of Hope.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Posting to finally see new avatars on not-mobile

I ran into an ex-az smasher who lives in socal playing solo q lol. Small world

Top Bottom