• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I wonder if Shonen is Sakurai's inspiration for "the more beat up you are the stronger you get" mechanic he puts in the latest Smash games?
No, how good you are with Squirtle is directly proportional to how much determination you have

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Very weird seeing @ Strong Badam Strong Badam 's name in red at the bottom of the page

I woulda applied to be a mod a long time ago if I wasn't a drunk piece of garbage

guys i have so much mod / admin experience on forums soooo much

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
My name is red... blood red...
Fashionable blood red

edit Adam u r missing out on this awesome midwest weather right now its snowing and the plow trucks are out i bet you miss it all, in texas with that boring weather i bet

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
who let strong bad be mod, now hes just gonna do the same thing he did for PM and ban/nerf everyone except for the people he likes

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I tried playing a Monster Hunter game once. It was Tri. I thought it was fun at first... then I got to the water.

I am very finicky about water sections in non 2d videogames. In fact the only non 2d game I have been able to deal with water sections is KH and Metroid Prime, the latter of which I still ended up not finishing but that was because of disc problems.

I hate (under)water in video games.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yo Link, how was that Water Temple, dawg?
The only Zelda game I have ever completed is Wind Waker.

Why is that?

Despite the game being littered with water EVERYWHERE there was actually no underwater section in terms of gameplay (yes I know Hyrule was technically underwater but you know what I mean).

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Do so, but if you ever have the need to win more games, come back to my advice.
when the samus main tries to give a falcon main advice

smh man this is almost as bad as the time you tried to tell everyone that squirtle needed to move LESS

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
when the samus main tries to give a falcon main advice

smh man this is almost as bad as the time you tried to tell everyone that squirtle needed to move LESS
You didn't even try to understand my post. I didn't mean that you should move less in general, but that there are situations where you want to halt your momentum (opponent right above you; you could give up stage position with further movement; not wanting to fall for lasting hitboxes while staying close to punish a move). My post wasn't meant to criticize moving much with Squirtle generally. It was a niche technology. However, you interpreted it as moving less generally which was not my intention. Might have worded the original post originally. Hopefully my point is easier to understand now.
Also, I'm no Samus main.

holy **** get a load of this guy HAH
Sorry I have a bad habit of replying to statements as if I was totally serious even if I am not. I know these were friendlies and you shouldn't care. However I find it useful not to go for the bad option everytime (even in friendlies) because they could make you build bad habits. I'm just the guy that sees style as choosing optimal options (which can be way more beautiful than "funny", bad options in my opinion) and the stuff in the video made me post.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
how do you instant uair thats like the only falcon **** i dont know how to do
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad
idk I just kinda do it. I can't do it o b command well but they just like, come out consistently when I play. I just kinda waggle by left thumb sight upwards while doing y>a in one rolling motion. There's a stick sweet spot for instant upairs in pm where you can hold it there and you won't get jc up smashes but you'll get uptilts/upairs

SpiderMad

Smash Master
And when you said IASA it sounded almost like something completely different.
The inrupplesunez though!
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comme...uide_to_the_differences_between_melee/coxh9e4
Okay so you and @Binary Clone ,
TheNefariousPenguin

Invest in a popshield, or at the very least a coat hanger and women's tights, stretch the tight over the hanger, put it infront of the mic and voila, no more annoying pops every time you say "p" or "s"

PMDepot

Right now I use this http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Headset-Over-The-Head-Design/dp/B005GTO07O , so I don't know if I was just positioning it wrong. Either way I think I was told the quality is bad anyways. I got a better Mic (Samson C01U or something) but its got a constant static I couldn't seem to fix without lowering the audio levels to a point you couldn't hear me (I need some audio bro to help me). I'm gonna try making a pop-filter from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Ut4s4ME8Y
I'm not able to fix the static problem, I could like try to stream my computer with it if you guys wouldn't mind trouble shooting with me sometime.

And yeah @PMS | Tink-er I'm surprised people really like the video, the informations good but I'm honored 1,000 people are now spending like an hour watching with my even worse than normal articulation regarding the obscure concepts. I usually post about the same stuff often so I can better define things; and similarly after making this long video I think I could make a shorter one indeed. If you guys got any suggestion I think I'm slowly getting an idea of how I could cover the three things like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nYWNayYVLo (well not exactly like this, but a short video) using this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIOCc0tfoqA

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Ocarina 3D does everything imaginable to alleviate any annoyances the Water Temple may give people, so you really can't blame the game at that point for not finishing it.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I tried playing a Monster Hunter game once. It was Tri. I thought it was fun at first... then I got to the water.

I am very finicky about water sections in non 2d videogames. In fact the only non 2d game I have been able to deal with water sections is KH and Metroid Prime, the latter of which I still ended up not finishing but that was because of disc problems.

I hate (under)water in video games.
Underwater was so fun wtf.

Idk what it is but a lot of people seem to struggle with the extra plane of movement offered by underwater.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Underwater was so fun wtf.

Idk what it is but a lot of people seem to struggle with the extra plane of movement offered by underwater.
I love you for being a **** to people with white backgrounds on their setups, but did you really have to be a **** to people with white background setups

Anyways how is it that I'm supposed to post in this thread if I don't even play monster hunter :sadsheep:

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
how do you instant uair thats like the only falcon **** i dont know how to do
Tap jump works well, makes it fairly easy to get full-distance sh's too, pretty cool that early uair is so easy to jump out of now.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Confession time:

I have MH4 but I haven't played it at all(never played any MH before) because I've been playing MM3D :3.

Top Bottom