• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I love you for being a **** to people with white backgrounds on their setups, but did you really have to be a **** to people with white background setups
Yes, every day I stick it to whitey :denzel:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I play MH4U but as a heads up I'm godlike at this game so if you play with me I may carry you and you may not have as much fun due to the easiness

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Having already played handheld Tri, I would be interested to know if 4 is any better of a game ie quest structure, item crafting, weapons, overall gameplay smoothness.

If it is the same thing with new monsters, not really interested.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Monster Hunter is great.

Where's everyone up to?

I'm going to kill Crimson Fatalis later tonight.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I'm almost done with Kill la Kill.(got up to episode 16/17 yesterday morning)
...I wasn't expecting things to get as heavy as they did.
If Nui isn't a deliberately "cute" devil in plain sight done properly and then some, I don't know what is.
And then, there's Ragyo...

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Episodes 16-18 are the best part along with episode 3 imo. I found the last 2 episodes to be underwhelming but it seems I'm the only one having this opinion so you'll see.

@ Yung Mei Yung Mei I need some new 2hu **** to listen to, what you got for me bro/sis/grill ?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I'm almost done with Kill la Kill.(got up to episode 16/17 yesterday morning)
...I wasn't expecting things to get as heavy as they did.
If Nui isn't a deliberately "cute" devil in plain sight done properly and then some, I don't know what is.
And then, there's Ragyo...
i aint even see that **** and ragyo makes my **** hard as ****
satsuki too
Episodes 16-18 are the best part along with episode 3 imo. I found the last 2 episodes to be underwhelming but it seems I'm the only one having this opinion so you'll see.

@ Yung Mei Yung Mei I need some new 2hu **** to listen to, what you got for me bro/sis/grill ?
bro, i havent been into touhou ina long time, all my favorite groups are either dead or making garbage (alstroemeria is the worst offender, rip in peace)

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ Yung Mei Yung Mei
They both get me to thinking of deliberately abominable means of retribution specifically made so that words like 'agony' don't even come close to being worthy descriptors, and mentally go places thar no one ever should, both with a detachment that bothers me.
...That's kind of the point, though, I guess.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
i aint even see that **** and ragyo makes my **** hard as ****
satsuki too

bro, i havent been into touhou ina long time, all my favorite groups are either dead or making garbage (alstroemeria is the worst offender, rip in peace)
Man I know that ded circle lover feel, here have my last gem :

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Did someone say Monster Hunter

I'm currently frantically trying to git gud and MH3U again so I'm not flailing around when I get 4

But that Village Quest Mark of a Hero is total bull**** lol

Edit: omg I just noticed the thread's name change

Edit2: So I did some reading and the monsters in Mark of a Hero have G-Rank damage output. Fan-****ing-tastic

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
So you look up to see monster hunter talk. Then you realize you don't have a 3DS or Wii U, then you go back to playing Metroid: Zero Mission on your phone with questionable controls.

Seriously this one energy tank is dumb. Trying to shinespark to get to it but noooooo.

Edit - DID IT, PRAISE ME! Then I beat the game. That makes both Fusion and Zero Mission done. I guess it's time to play KH: Chain of Memories or something.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know, the funny thing is that despite the fact a game like Monster Hunter would appeal to me, weirdly I have like zero motivation to play it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
*wakes up* Monster Hunter is fun and stuff. - - *goes back to sleep*

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

ayy..lmaoooo

GGs to the dude in the cowboy hat that beat me oh so many times. I need to go back to the Marvel lab tonight and try not to be a klutz with the Xbox controller.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I know I've brought this up before and recall getting little feedback cuz it was a little radical or maybe people thought I was being ironic, but I seriously think PMBR should implement more, like, BLACK skins into the game for characters. Like as in the race. Cuz with the Smash community so beautifully balanced between whites and blacks, the latter group just HAS to sometimes feel a little subdued by the fact that the entire roster is just a bunch of white people (save soulimar).

Somebody throw me a bone here. I'm being intentional and sincere about this.

Bleck

Smash Master
A lack of characters that aren't "basically white" is a problem with video games at large, but feeling like you have to physically identify with fictional characters is also basically unhealthy.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Making people black for the sake of making people black sounds kind of weird. Also there are a lot more races than just black and white people.

When racism and equality movements are brought up the first thing that jumps to a person's mind is African American/Black people while many other races went through similar struggles.

Using the term black people and then white people is kind of crude as it doesn't factor in a bunch of different intricacies but whatev, not really relevant.

Besides there's still Falco

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Races doesn't apply to our species in the first place.(we're all H. sapiens)
Why anyone is allowed to have any opinions in something that is FACTUAL/ based in foundational tenets of one of the major fields of science is an error that requires correcting.

Some topics just should not have any discussion allowed, free speech can get bent in stuff like this.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Does anyone remember that Olimar is black?

Though by being the worst character I guess that is proof of institutional racism right there.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
A lack of characters that aren't "basically white" is a problem with video games at large, but feeling like you have to physically identify with fictional characters is also basically unhealthy.
I don't agree bleck, what? What you described is like the main compelling element of like, narrative. Wtf.

@ Player -0 Player -0 I know and I was going to include a disclaimer like that to avoid nitpicky snipers but the fact of the matter is the Smash community (or at least PM community) is seriously like, mostly white/black and split down the middle thereof-- It's an amazing thing and I just felt what I proposed would be the objectively appropriate response to it.

Some topics just should not have any discussion allowed, free speech can get bent in stuff like this.
As usual mw your convictions seem to just be what mine are if I were constantly drunk.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Bleck said physically identify, as in someone just like you.

Narrative is about identifying with a character's struggles in the universal human condition.

To think otherwise is very narrow-minded.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I think you're accidentally affirming my points maybe

Look we all need to immediately admit how easy it is for an intentional discussion on race to devolve into a self-serving who's-more-racist squabble and try to nip that **** at the bud cuz it never gets anyone anywhere. I'm just saying being positively acknowledging of race and trying to balance out its representation with the majority race shouldn't be discouraged just cuz it may be uncomfortable or weird.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
You're essentially saying black people can't identify with Asian/anime inspired characters from Japan who are not actually Caucasian the way Europeans are. Except maybe Mario/Luigi who are Italian. You perceive them all as strictly white (even pretty boy Bishonens like Marth and Link) because of cultural bias.

I'm saying you are not giving the community enough credit.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
The bigger picture is more important, no exceptions.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Was making post but don't really care about it anymore.

Edit - I met a guy while playing TF2 a while back that loved Brawl because MK made the meta revolve around him because of his broken-ness. Sounded like that post.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
lol when you take over the planet by force of arms you will end the continued existence of conflict, homelessness, injustice, poverty, and other stuff like that
More accurate.
Social darwinism is ****ing bunk/yet another one of 'those' concepts that needs to be erased, I'm surprised you thought I'd be a fan of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom