• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Well, duh. Some topics are bad and should never be discussed, but others are great and SHOULD be discussed all the time, like which memes are the dankest.

Needs a coarse balance.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
If you haven't already read this post, then please do. It's definitely up there in top smashboards posts ever
While interesting satire, it doesn't actually deal with the unlocking issue which is the core reason for the custom move ban at CEO.

It is a real barrier to entry for players that really can't be handwaved away.

Unless inane grinding for moves is a skill that we want fighting games to test from now on like a free-to-play card game.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Does anyone remember that Olimar is black?

Kinda hard to forget when he wouldn't shut up about it.

If you haven't already read this post, then please do. It's definitely up there in top smashboards posts ever
That was absolutely fantastic. I'm surprised so many people fell for it at first.

That man deserves all of the trophies.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
While interesting satire, it doesn't actually deal with the unlocking issue which is the core reason for the custom move ban at CEO.

It is a real barrier to entry for players that really can't be handwaved away.

Unless inane grinding for moves is a skill that we want fighting games to test from now on like a free-to-play card game.
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be satirical and not be taken seriously. I'd assume it's not being targeted specifically at CEO but rather blowing complaints/dislikes about customs out of- Wait, that's satire.

Edit - Also sleepy avi until I'm not pranked anymore. Might have to request a santa hat from @Binary Clone

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't get it's flawed satire that thinks it's making a brilliant point when it isn't?

I think I get it perfectly well.
Do you just love being the most boring regular in this entire thread or what? You're seriously nitpicking about a joke right now. You realize that, right? ¦D;

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well, duh. Some topics are bad and should never be discussed, but others are great and SHOULD be discussed all the time, like which memes are the dankest.

Needs a coarse balance.
Nah. What we need is more Marluxia.

You know you want it.

It's like a clunkier Dark Souls combat-wise if that helps.
Speaking of Dark Souls, I'm currently playing through the game for like the 10th first time (as in I've tried playing this game before but kept on getting distracted and stopped playing for months and then go and restart but I think I'm going to be able to stick with it this time as I've gotten farther along). Currently at Blighttown with those godforsaken infinitely respawning Mosquitoes.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
The post is addressing the "the game is already good without customs/there's already a lot to learn/they make the game more defensive" mindset a lot of top players seem to have, rather than taking a jab at Ceo.

This passage in particular
Like, new characters could be allowed for regionals. Community nationals. Maybe even Apex. But NOT our first EVO. It's a big opportunity.
is exactly what zero tweeted out a few days ago, with "customs" replaced with "new characters".

Logistics IS an issue, but not one that can't be resolved. It isn't necessary for every single person in the community to grind every single custom. It's possible to know how specific moves affect matchups by doing some research, and unlocking customs for your main doesn't actually take too long (I unlocked all the marth customs I wanted the other day in about 10 minutes). And with community voted presets seemingly being the future, you don't have to examine every single combination of moves.

Bleck

Smash Master
also the whole "it's not fair to expect me to play against stuff I can't practice against" is kind of slippery slope bull****ty nonsense

like what if I don't know any players who play as Mario? should Mario be banned? ? ?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
http://smashboards.com/threads/a-mo...d-not-be-allowed-at-evo.392853/#post-18657221
I am personally offended by this flagrant, toxic abuse of moderator power to oppress differing viewpoints. Red Ryu is obviously pushing his agenda in spite of all the evidence that Thinkaman brought to the table of the Smash community. If this gets enough upopinions to spread the word, Red Ryu will be removed from his unjustly privileged status as a moderator so he can no longer suppress real dissent from the 3x5 index card of pre-approved opinion like the neo-Stalin he is. thank you for your contribution

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Logistics IS an issue, but not one that can't be resolved. It isn't necessary for every single person in the community to grind every single custom. It's possible to know how specific moves affect matchups by doing some research, and unlocking customs for your main doesn't actually take too long (I unlocked all the marth customs I wanted the other day in about 10 minutes). And with community voted presets seemingly being the future, you don't have to examine every single combination of moves.
A community standard, if you think that is where it is going, would limit the whole thing in a way that isn't too different than the out of the box one.

http://smashboards.com/threads/a-mo...d-not-be-allowed-at-evo.392853/#post-18657221
I am personally offended by this flagrant, toxic abuse of moderator power to oppress differing viewpoints. Red Ryu is obviously pushing his agenda in spite of all the evidence that Thinkaman brought to the table of the Smash community. If this gets enough upopinions to spread the word, Red Ryu will be removed from his unjustly privileged status as a moderator so he can no longer suppress real dissent from the 3x5 index card of pre-approved opinion like the neo-Stalin he is. thank you for your contribution
I like this meta-satire better. Not pandering to a target audience.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hi, yet again, MonK. Nice to see you're still about the same.

You and I have been posting in the same multiple threads for about a year now. Why is that?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hi, yet again, MonK. Nice to see you're still about the same.

You and I have been posting in the same multiple threads for about a year now. Why is that?
Ahoy, ahoy!

I honestly don't know why. Social threads are just the place to go, aye? also the easiest places to get upopinions for my karma farms.
Edit: im trying to get my post:like ratio past 1:1 since i could never get my K:D past 1 in CoD BibleThump

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh Claire. So misinformed. There's no rule against privately directing people to the original source or even just name dropping said source. You just can't post pictures of it in threads. XD

I really can't help but find it hilariously adorable when people try to act innocent on the internet.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I honestly doubt 99% of the people here have ever read the rules though and have probably stumbled upon them by having encounters with mods and other posters relaying them.

But there isn't an internet forum I can think of that asks private messages to be censored.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Whoa, what just happened? o_o

Darn internet. >>

Ignore this.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Oh Claire. So misinformed. There's no rule against privately directing people to the original source or even just name dropping said source. You just can't post pictures of it in threads. XD

I really can't help but find it hilariously adorable when people try to act innocent on the internet.
GG

Top Bottom