• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Strife is a manipulative, narcissistic, perverted *brony* loser
I don't like the show either
but
Did you seriously just do that

Edit: Also I sincerely hope that the community forces Strife to publicly admit his infractions and apologize for them

The idiots who go out for Strife's blood should be reined in or kept away from the peaceful majority as much as possible

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Everyone's panicking, everyone's yelling.

And here I am, excited as hell for tonight's Get Smashed at the Foundry based on the drama we have today.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Warning Received
Aw man all that effort I put into arguing I wasn't disrespecting Strife put to waste :(

Well I suppose now I'm free to-OH WAIT I GUESS I CAN'T CRITICIZE HIM CAUSE I NEVER SEXUALLY HARASSED ANYONE :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
So... does that mean PM can be streamed still?
I know that's really not important considering the circumstances, but you know... kinda want to know.

Alex Strife sure quit prematurely though, I think the decision to step down was too young of a decision.

...I'll leave now.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Well, it seems like my intuition about Alex Strife being a bad person is confirmed.
On another note, I'm glad Zer0 is a better person than I expected. Too bad he was manipulated :(

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Well, it seems like my intuition about Alex Strife being a bad person is confirmed.
On another note, I'm glad Zer0 is a better person than I expected. Too bad he was manipulated :(
What happened to Zero?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
What happened to Zero?
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2t1r1w/its_time_for_me_to_share_my_side_of_the_alex/

"-Lied to ZeRo saying that Apex 2014 would be canceled if he didn't get 350 Brawl entants, and that Nintendo would sponsor the event if he got 350-400 entrants, all to guilt trip Zero into help him promote the event even further.
-Said that ZeRo is essentially scared to leave his country because the world is big and scary, someone who has supported his event and traveled to internationally every year since 2010."

Agh, I always mix up the spelling. Capital R, lower case o.

Last edited:

supascoot

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SupaScoot
There is also gonna be a stream on the MIOM twitch channel with nintendude, probably gonna be some talk about this.

This entire thing happened so quickly. In EU time, I woke up the drama had already started about 3 hours ago, then in the space of a day multiple people came out about it and now its pretty much over as far as the main suspect is concerned.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Well that was anticlimactic. Probably better that way though.

Now we can worry about tonight's possible ****storm when the EVO lineup is announced. :D

Last edited:

Zoa

Smash Ace
http://i.imgur.com/26SYPEp.png

So he's the prick who deliberately removed PM at APEX. He doesn't even care. That'd explain his behavior towards any others in the community. We were deliberately used just like how he treated the other people over the years. This is completely uncool. I'm glad he's gone.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Who's we?
The PM community. The PM community was deliberately omitted by Alex Strife for that Nintendo money. He says he doesn't care. The PM community was deliberately used as a means for Strife to acquire more money.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
ALERT ALERT ANGRY RANT INCOMING THAT BEING SAID PLEASE READ THIS I'LL TRY TO BREAK IT UP INTO PARAGRAPHS AND MAKE IT NICE

So I know the subject of PM being dropped from Apex has kinda been beaten to death over the previous few days, but I just kinda want to gather my thoughts about it in one place and draw some parallels.
First: This is not okay from Apex. Given that Apex 2014 was one of PM's most successful nationals and Apex's second largest event after Melee, there is no reason that they should have dropped PM. If Nintendo is forcing them to drop PM because of sponsorship stuff, then there's an even bigger problem with the scene. After existing for so long independent of the rest of the FGC and Nintendo, this is a step backwards. How did we build the scene? Not by forsaking popular games for sponsorship money.

This brings us to the second point: the terrible cognitive dissonance within the smash scene, perpetrated by several notable people. Notable personalities, namely Prog, constantly talk about the "grass-roots" era of the scene and talk about how we are still "grass-roots" and how we should stick to what made us. Yet, Prog himself has supported and accepted Apex not including PM. Prog and others have claimed that the scene is being split by selfish fanboys who only value their game, and that the smash community should be #OneUnit and rally behind what we have. That is contradictory. To jettison PM in exchange for the corporate tit is the exact opposite of grass-roots. PM is the essence of grass-roots smash and has more development time than Nintendo put into Brawl, a "legitimate" game. To blame the PM scene for the schism that has resulted is the opposite of #OneUnit. #OneUnit is a sham, only erected to further melee.

Finally, I'm going to draw a comparison that might be controversial and is definitely hyperbolic, but still accurate. Apex not including PM is analogous to Ferguson. Not to downplay the seriousness of Ferguson and tragedy of loss of life with a comparison to mere games, but hear me out. For seemingly no logical reason at all, Apex drops Project M from the roster. Enraged by the lack of explanation or the injustice, a very vocal and tiny minority creates death and bomb threats, similar to the looting in Ferguson. As a result, those in power blame the entire movement for the INCREDIBLY reprehensible actions of a few. I've seen so many people call the PM community spoiled, whiny, and ungrateful and plenty saying that after the threats that PM doesn't deserve to be in Apex and that PM is responsible for the schism in the whole smash scene. This is basically victim blaming. I shouldn't be this mad over it but I am.

This is just a continuation of a recent trend of disrespect towards PM and the PM community, coinciding with the re-involvement of Nintendo with the scene. While some members of the smash 4/brawl community and the general melee populace have been harboring anti-pm sentiments for awhile, it's become worse. One of the most notable things was TBH4, where PM was forced to have a sub-optimal 3 stock setup, supposedly to "save time" yet PM pools ended almost 2 hours early while melee pools went an hour late. CEO Jebailey said at one point that he was thinking of dropping PM in favor of smash 4 claiming he "only saw a decrease in interest" which based on recent tourney numbers is not true at all. Finally, Apex dropped PM and the general reaction by notable people seems to be "Stop whining PM people, you're hurting the community."

TL:DR **** APEX **** NINTENDO **** #ONEUNIT **** #WHYISMASH **** METAKNIGHT

#FREEPM #GIVEMEPMORGIVEMEDEATH

edit: #salt
#tbt
I've been on the anti-strife train since before it was cool

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So. While doing dealing with my frantic January getting things together, all this happens.
Alex definitely had this a long time coming as there are even more untold stories of his scumbaggery... but I feel this is enough for now.

While it's for the best Alex steps down, he has serious issues and I hope he gets help.
I hope that the community putting him on blast like this leads to a clear sign that he should get psychiatric help.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Now we can just focus on our games. Let's try and make the rest of the year the best yet for PM, I'm a bloody recluse with no friends, but I'll try and support the streams as much as possible. Anyone who's anyone should be going to Aftershock, seriously (http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-...m-melee-top-players-from-arlington-tx.387430/)

Lets make that tournament huge, tourney locator is a proven, fantastic streamer, and their tournaments seem to be really well run.

Also a note to any trans people in the community. You are more than welcome in this community. You are welcome to have any gender expression you wish, and you have a right to not be harassed or marginalized for it. Everyone is welcome in the smash community, all that matters is how dedicated you are.

We can push through anything.

Top Bottom