• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
The tactics were dumb, but charming.
Major thing was kinda the silly twist about his mom. All of the Geass stuff in S2 was absurd, CC's backstory was fine, but they just kinda made a ton more stuff surrounding Geass that didn't explain/add anything.

Also full on blindness caused by stress who makes up this ****.
the tactics were charming, yes, but hamfisted. The story couldn't have moved forwards relying on them, they would have buckled under their own weight. I concede that that the action was no better, however. I suppose if you were drawn in by the tactics, then this was not something you would like the show for.

The twist about his mom was foreshadowed more than enough, imo. C.C. is shown to be in contact with her multiple times before and after her death, so it's not unreasonable to discover she had a geass, V.V.'s motives were grounded in his character, we had been shown that geass powers are derivative of something close to a jungian collective consciousness, and C.C.'s amnesia can be understood by tying her "saved" post-immortal memories to her code, which is powered by geass which (as I said earlier) is powered by the collective, so there's foreshadowing and prescedence for Maria's power/plot twists themselves. The child soldiers have precedent in rolo, etc. I've invested a lot of time reading fan works and theories, so I suppose I am both a little biased, but also much more aware of the story as a whole. I'm pretty rusty on my facts, tbh, but the story in R2 connects tightly to that of R1. The writing isn't crazy amazing, but nothing is randomly out of nowhere as far as that plot goes.

The **** about nunally never made much sense, though. I'm sure I could work it out if I cared, though.

do you not like reading or do you just prefer yelling anecdotes into the void
This seems a little ironic to me. Lemme know if I misread you, but it seemed to me that you basically stated that anecdotal evidence is more than enough to win a harassment case (though I'm assuming you mean in civil court, where reasonable doubt is less important), so why is plateprop's anecdote to be dismissed? I understand that what plateprop's bro went through (a false claim) is probably less statistically frequent than the opposite (a true claim), but I wouldn't agree with the statement that statistics should be used in this way in court.

Again, I'm not sure if this is actually what you meant, but your post reads to me this way atm.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
my point is that you are not helping by asking for evidence in the same way you are not helping by mashing nair whenever you get popped up in the air. it's not a good solution to start with, because there's not many solutions in general in this aspect. "trust and verify", would be a phrase that would work out very much better without any arguments

this stuff is finicky, don't play an armchair lawyer without some research

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I'm in Hawaii's Power Rankings for Melee now...so that's nice.

But they excluded a few players better than me for being inactive...
And another guy cause he doesn't live here officially...
And Hawaii kinda sucks...

I still feel pretty good about it.
But I feel like I need more.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm in Hawaii's Power Rankings for Melee now...so that's nice.

But they excluded a few players better than me for being inactive...
And another guy cause he doesn't live here officially...
And Hawaii kinda sucks...

I still feel pretty good about it.
But I feel like I need more.
Whoever put Samus' extender homing onto only L instead of R or both shows L is the true official shoulder button of choice

Also lol Strife
http://i.imgur.com/XX8Va4c.png

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
alex strife is ****ing disgusting, im so glad i chose not to go to apex

APEX CANCELLATION (after the one thats coming up ofc) FOREVER WHEN, GENESIS 3 WHEN?

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

can I put tweets in my signature? I want to put tweets in my signature

Lizalfos

Smash Master
The frustrating part is that nobody took the AiB post seriously, even though Alex has been known to be this way in his region for a while. Enough so that a lot of people aren't even supposed suprised about this.

Edit: I think he could get into real legal trouble. Acting predatory towards minors. Doing it when in a business situation. I'm not sure if Nyani's situation constitutes being harassed (Strife actually interacted very little with her, just revealed personal info and acted pervy) Still unacceptable for our community, but it doesn't seem that any action could be taken on that specific incident.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

can I put tweets in my signature? I want to put tweets in my signature
Wouldn't you just imbed it the same way you do in a post?

And if not, have the picture variant.
in PNG.png

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Did someone say... witch hunt?

I think people are going to start dumping all the dirt they have on Alex strife and turn it into a which hunt. I hope that doesn't happen, the smash community likes drama too much and it won't turn out well.

And there's A LOT of **** on him. AZ is recently getting into the sponsorship game and esports and such, I've hear a lot of stories about people being skumbags on both sides of deals, it's normally always about Alex or triforce, to put him into perspective.

I hope it doesn't turn into witch hunts.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Play PM

....we done?
I agree with the first part and disagree with the second one.
Playing it somehow helps but without a bit PR and such the instream of new players won't be there, without tournaments players might turn away from the game on the longrun, the PMDT won't be that motivated to produce new content for a shrinking playerbase and the decline could eventually lead to PM's collapse.
So, while playing is necessary, it probably isn't enough.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man I wake up and more nonsense is coming to light. Dude smash community does something good and then someone does some mad grimey stuff all the time. Holy crap today is gonna be a sharknado of salt and the day only just begun :(

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
the timing couldnt possibly be worse

that being said, apex can run without strife.

removing him as figurehead isnt impossible and he isnt the only one to run apex (and really, if the stories are true and to be believed, the nigga didnt run **** like he was supposed to in the first place.)

That being said.

I no longer can go to apex because my car has wheel issues that I cant fix in time for Apex lol.

oh well.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

removing him as figurehead isnt impossible and he isnt the only one to run apex (and really, if the stories are true and to be believed, the ***** didnt run **** like he was supposed to in the first place.)

That being said.

I no longer can go to apex because my car has wheel issues that I cant fix in time for Apex lol.

oh well.
Stop playing PSO2 and you'll have time!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

removing him as figurehead isnt impossible and he isnt the only one to run apex (and really, if the stories are true and to be believed, the ***** didnt run **** like he was supposed to in the first place.)

That being said.

oh well.
You can now avoid getting your body pillow acquainted with Mr. Toilet... Sounds like quite the coincidence.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Stop playing PSO2 and you'll have time!
I wish I could, but PSO2 has a death grip on me, and I can only break away for hours at a time to practice Project M and watch anime.

I'm literally no-lifeing it pretty damn hard right now because I don't have to work like most people do, and I wont stop no-lifeing until I go back to college in Feb.

You can now avoid getting your body pillow acquainted with Mr. Toilet... Sounds like quite the coincidence.
You're the last person who I'd avoid at this point. You want to reschedule this **** to another tourney? I'm down. I will make sure you end up getting your own waifu, nigga. Better believe that ****.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Did someone say... witch hunt?

I think people are going to start dumping all the dirt they have on Alex strife and turn it into a which hunt. I hope that doesn't happen, the smash community likes drama too much and it won't turn out well.

And there's A LOT of **** on him. AZ is recently getting into the sponsorship game and esports and such, I've hear a lot of stories about people being skumbags on both sides of deals, it's normally always about Alex or triforce, to put him into perspective.

I hope it doesn't turn into witch hunts.
Brah it's too late sadly. Nerds are gonna want him gone and his balls on a platter sooner or later and him being removed from Apex head postion and since Nintendo of America is sponsoring Apex it's not gonna bode well if the image of the figurehead of Apex if a scummy as hell.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
How does this change anything?
I'm pretty sure the best thing to do is in the next version get rid of the remaining cancels that didn't exist in Melee (Diddy's Peanut gun/Wolf's Blaster), and remove Ike's ability to jump (and thus everything from that) out of his side-b.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
The community was discouraging people from roasting Alex, and those same people are probably roasting him right now. Like i said, 2015 is going to be the ****ing weirdest year for smash ever.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I'm pretty sure the best thing to do is in the next version get rid of the remaining cancels that didn't exist in Melee (Diddy's Peanut gun/Wolf's Blaster), and remove Ike's ability to jump (and thus everything from that) out of his side-b.
make

rest

jump-cancellable

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I hope all of Apex's sponsors back out. Strife is a manipulative, narcissistic, perverted brony loser.

And it hasn't been confirmed, but I guess we now know why GIMR has been shady about streaming PM.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I just love how we were worried about Nintendo expunging P:M from like everything and then this comes around. Well then....I get the feeling if Sethlon sees Alex again he's going to IRL Dtilt -> Bair him. (maybe maybe not)

Sorry Alex, this is literally getting OUSTED and HOSED at like, the WORST POSSIBLE TIME LOL. Oh wellll~ This is why you gotta behave.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Sounds like sweet, sweet, sweet karma.
I would have done this little scene a lot earlier though, how he got away with this **** for so long is beyond me.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Still, why am I not incredibly surprised that it was Alex that wanted to poop on P:M? And obviously it's not even just cause he has to for Nintendo sponsorship for Apex alone, nah, getting it expunged from other stream game-lists, which probably explains a lot of weird goings-on ATM. Wow @ that bull****. How could he even shake the hand of @Sethlon and then just go and do that?

Ick, ICK.

Top Bottom