• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
It actually kinda seemed like PUNCH. Was it him?

He is such a legend I miss him already.
---------
Learning the game with Flaco is rough. Where combo DI is the most important AT you can learn. Prolly only my Falcon homies understand. Laser spam was such a boon to low level Falco play, but it is no longer insane so Strong Bad forces me to play smart. Why does PPMD use dash attack so much if shield grabbing is so great?

Falco(n) is the one true combo food. The universal blood donor in smash, but he feels so right to play.
--------
I watched Code Geass too @ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er . The second arc was so unbelievably bad though.
I just discovered crazy stuff
Nobody has ever gotten their iodine intake that low.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LOLOLOL

Also my EVO prediction list is this.

USF4
UMVC3
XRD
Smash 4 i have a good hunch on it
MKX
KI Season 2

and maybe P4AU

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If smash 4 gets in and not Melee I won't have words. That doesn't even make sense.
3 words for you.

Money
Sponsorships
Mcribs.

Such is the law of Mr Wizard plus reading tweets throughout the months from him leads to this. If you keep up with Evo reveal list every year then you can see the hints on the wall clearly as they are predictable.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
3 words for you.

Money
Sponsorships
Mcribs.

Such is the law of Mr Wizard plus reading tweets throughout the months from him leads to this. If you keep up with Evo reveal list every year then you can see the hints on the wall clearly as they are predictable.
Melee has EG, Aliance, and C9 sponsored players. 4 has no sponsors [edit: is Nintendo enough?] and only moderately better viewership. Also, FGC would lose their **** if 4 got in, they already don't see Melee as a real fighting game. Are smash 4 babies really ready for that whole other level of elitism.

Melee had actually only grown along with 4. 4 has helped Melee more than hurting it up to this point.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I hope tr4sh isn't at evo, that game is garbage.
It actually kinda seemed like PUNCH. Was it him?

He is such a legend I miss him already.
---------
Learning the game with Flaco is rough. Where combo DI is the most important AT you can learn. Prolly only my Falcon homies understand. Laser spam was such a boon to low level Falco play, but it is no longer insane so Strong Bad forces me to play smart. Why does PPMD use dash attack so much if shield grabbing is so great?

Falco(n) is the one true combo food. The universal blood donor in smash, but he feels so right to play.
--------
I watched Code Geass too @ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er . The second arc was so unbelievably bad though.

People always say this, but they never tell me why it was bad. My favourite part of the show was the fantasy stuff and over the top political intrigue, and we got so much of it in the second season.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
"Moderately better viewership?" I mean, I like Smash 4 and all, but Melee has definitely been pulling the numbers lately.

Smooth Criminal
I thought I remembered Melee having better numbers for a bit, but was too lazy to get hard facts so I just went with the statement that ppl wouldn't disagree with.

You ruined it.
But yeah I can feel the Melee money too. We are getting more Esports each and every major.
People always say this, but they never tell me why it was bad. My favourite part of the show was the fantasy stuff and over the top political intrigue, and we got so much of it in the second season.
More like they decided to undo most of the progress from 1st season, add more mechs (now they ALL are op!) at the cost of battles revolving around mediocre action instead of Zero coming up with some crazy tactical advantage when he needs it most. All this Geass stuff that they drop on us all at once and only makes it seem even MORE ludicrous. Also that antagonist wasn't a villain and the loved ones you want to avenge are just fine actually. K gonna punish my merely misguided parents. #IAMJESUS

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
The dude is being objective.
No excuses for getting butt-hurt in spite of that~

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Lol it's suppose to be fluoride

And I'm accruing this arcane smash knowledge, along with my friend's help, don't know in what form to release it

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
I can't wait for smash4 to replace Melee at Evo, just to so that when the melee folks turn to us and are all like "why is our game not here?", we'll just lol at them.

#maybedrunkatm

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
SmUsh at EVO would be funny for a little bit until I remember the part where SmUsh is ****ing boring to watch.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
idk why but for whatever reason all the new age smashers think everyone is cocky. we live in a messed up world where the truth is "arrogant" because it removes all honesty from calling it how it is. everyone says leffen is going to beat chillin but he cant make that observation for himself? come on.
I was referring to nearly everything else he says/does. He's dead-on about Chillin.

Plus, it's possible to make truthful statements without presenting oneself as egotistical. ...Leffen doesn't do that.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
all the smash 4 fans are gonna get hype over Diddy upthrow uair uair while everyone else is gonna be like "wtf, what kinda **** game is this"

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Melee has EG, Aliance, and C9 sponsored players. 4 has no sponsors [edit: is Nintendo enough?] and only moderately better viewership. Also, FGC would lose their **** if 4 got in, they already don't see Melee as a real fighting game. Are smash 4 babies really ready for that whole other level of elitism.

Melee had actually only grown along with 4. 4 has helped Melee more than hurting it up to this point.
Yeah I agree and I would hate to see that happen to the smash 4 kids but tell that to Mr Wizard and he wouldn't give a damn unless money is involved. That is not my desired list but it's a plausible list I can see but with the Evo staff they will always throw out a curve ball like they always do like in 2012 with 8-9 games, 2013 with the donation drive and communities and X mania for ST last year also making the smash community bringing tv's and such on short notice. History and nerd salt can repeat itself my good sir I'm just giving you a possible result and the emotional darkness that is to come but I personally want both TBH cause there is so much cross entrance with it.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
If we don't get melee at evo, we get Genesis 3. Melee wins either way guys, it's not a problem.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Maybe not.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Goddamnit Dad, you ruin everything.

I just wanted his Florida to rub off on me and the rest of South Carolina.
If we don't get melee at evo, we get Genesis 3. Melee wins either way guys, it's not a problem.
As long as PM always loses amirite? This is why everyone should have just mained a Melee character in PM anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was referring to nearly everything else he says/does. He's dead-on about Chillin.

Plus, it's possible to make truthful statements without presenting oneself as egotistical. ...Leffen doesn't do that.
eh, its a hard call. thats like when PP says "i hope i do good at this event" like absolutely anyone in the 1200 people thought he'd get under 4th lol. you all think leffen is trying to like... fell better about beating whoever? i just dont see it. i think you people just look for hidden meanings and **** when people are just trying to be forward with you.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

Man, it's been forever since I came back to this game. Probably one of my fav shmups of all time and easily the best in the Gradius series.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
eh, its a hard call. thats like when PP says "i hope i do good at this event" like absolutely anyone in the 1200 people thought he'd get under 4th lol. you all think leffen is trying to like... fell better about beating whoever? i just dont see it. i think you people just look for hidden meanings and **** when people are just trying to be forward with you.
Its from watching to much harem anime. The tsun make them look for hidden meaning in everything people say.

Vashimus

Smash Master
So I went to go play on Showdown in who knows how long and apparently Greninja's been banned.

What the **** is happening over there

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I thought I remembered Melee having better numbers for a bit, but was too lazy to get hard facts so I just went with the statement that ppl wouldn't disagree with.

You ruined it.
But yeah I can feel the Melee money too. We are getting more Esports each and every major.
More like they decided to undo most of the progress from 1st season, add more mechs (now they ALL are op!) at the cost of battles revolving around mediocre action instead of Zero coming up with some crazy tactical advantage when he needs it most. All this Geass stuff that they drop on us all at once and only makes it seem even MORE ludicrous. Also that antagonist wasn't a villain and the loved ones you want to avenge are just fine actually. K gonna punish my merely misguided parents. #IAMJESUS
I can see your first point, I guess? I don't really like action, so I didn't think any of the battles were ever actually interesting, and the tactics were just as bs as the mech battles, but at least the mech battles shifted the narrative back into a tighter cast of characters.

I totally disagree with you on the last point though. His parents started world conquest and enslaved millions of people for a misguided reason. That's criminal insanity, and it was more than enough reason for them to die.

Top Bottom