• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Essentially, people were ****talking the PM crowd for questioning / being upset that PM was shunned from Apex and such. When it happens to Melee, you know the melee crowd will look for sympathy.
Not to us though, I don't even know who we are

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I can see your first point, I guess? I don't really like action, so I didn't think any of the battles were ever actually interesting, and the tactics were just as bs as the mech battles, but at least the mech battles shifted the narrative back into a tighter cast of characters.
I totally disagree with you on the last point though. His parents started world conquest and enslaved millions of people for a misguided reason. That's criminal insanity, and it was more than enough reason for them to die.
[
The tactics were dumb, but charming.
Major thing was kinda the silly twist about his mom. All of the Geass stuff in S2 was absurd, CC's backstory was fine, but they just kinda made a ton more stuff surrounding Geass that didn't explain/add anything.

Also full on blindness caused by stress who makes up this ****.

Edit: I don't get how people can get into situations where they are overtly harassing women/being racist or some other skeleton.

I hope Alex is innocent, but it will just have to pan out.

Edit2: Front page of Smashboards or naw?
Edit3: Oooh noooo, just read her Twitter and it is already about Warchamp and others "anonymously" attacking her when they just need to have the truth and know who these other victims are so that her case is sound. People make false accusations, not often, but it is why you don't instantly crucify the accused.
Edit3: She keeps responding to everyone on Twitter about it instead of just stating her case? You really open yourself to a lot of **** when you take it upon yourself to handle every person who doesn't believe you individually. You can prove this with screenshots and the other victims to the handful of people this matters to, not defame someone publicly, make lots of claims, and provide no evidence. Idk if Apex exists w/o strife but it might need to find a way to.
Edit5: When I say "people it matters to" I mean people with power to do something, just to clarify.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
I want to address this quickly before it might spiral out of control. (Note: this is remaining value neutral I do not wish to impose any opinion on anyone during this time)

Please do not witch hunt. Please do not harass anyone involved. Please try to keep your head level and calm. This is a really delicate, and very real situation.

This is really serious, and please treat it seriously.

I think it would be for the best if the majority of the community stayed out of this for the time being, until we have a better understanding of what is happening.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I want to address this quickly before it might spiral out of control. (Note: this is remaining value neutral I do not wish to impose any opinion on anyone during this time)

Please do not witch hunt. Please do not harass anyone involved. Please try to keep your head level and calm. This is a really delicate, and very real situation.

This is really serious, and please treat it seriously.

I think it would be for the best if the majority of the community stayed out of this for the time being, until we have a better understanding of what is happening.
I keep seeing the interaction on her Twitter and I just think it is too late. I'm not dismissing her claim, but strife is innocent until she pulls together something concrete.

Ok Warchamp is supporting the claim kinda? Talked about his sexual history w/ community member. That in itself is rather childish, but not even a hint incriminating?

What does Apex do about this? That is all that matter to Smash/everyone here basically.

This is gonna become massive ****storm. Idk what remaining mouthpieces GG has but her previous post history makes me think that this is gonna blow up.

I just want to make clear, she is in all likelihood legit. I don't see why anyone would go after a grassroots tournament organizer. But she also hasn't provided any evidence, so nobody can really say. She better put out something in the morning, holding everyone in suspense over something this real is absurd.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
before ORAS, he had holes to poke through because his movepool only barely worked neatly with his hidden ability, so he was a good, balanced OU character

then ORAS happened and he got all the moves to cover every problem he ever had and he can go eat a bag of feces, so there

also, it shows how obliquely ignorant to the concept of this y'all are that you "need proof". that's kind of why sexual harassment is such a big deal, if the abuser knows what they're doing, the only evidence is from the victim, and nobody else. it's not like other crimes where you have things you can explicitly look into and test, beyond incredibly invasive tests (one involves things being heavily shoved into your v, in case you're wondering), all you got are testimonies

also "false claims" are so tiny statistically that I doubt it should even be the third or fourth thing to consider in these scenarios, much less the first or second

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I keep seeing the interaction on her Twitter and I just think it is too late. I'm not dismissing her claim, but strife is innocent until she pulls together something concrete.
I know of at least one other girl personally that he has harassed, not going to say whom out of respect for them, but yeah this isn't surprising to me at all.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Hi m8s, how ya been....
STRONGBAD, REPENT BEFORE IT'S TO LATE YOU LOW LAG *****!!!! PLZ!!!!

EDIT: What is this stuff ya' guys are tossing about Strife. I know about the whole sponsorship thing, and that's old news. What's gotten people in a fuss now?

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
before ORAS, he had holes to poke through because his movepool only barely worked neatly with his hidden ability, so he was a good, balanced OU character

then ORAS happened and he got all the moves to cover every problem he ever had and he can go eat a bag of feces, so there
I just read that it got Gunk Shot and hahaha oh my god

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
On a lighter note, Rivals of Aether is pretty fun :D.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
On a lighter note, Rivals of Aether is pretty fun :D.

Yeah, I remember seeing this when I took the subreddit semi-seriously. How's IS this game anyhow? I'm genuinely intrigued.

Edit: "...when I took the subreddit semi-seriously..." <- This conjured a mental image of me reading a history book. That cesspool is in a bad way.
.......SO...MUCH....GODDAMN GIFFYCAT!!!!!

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
yeah I'm not too keen on talking about this sort of thing. smash was my way of getting away from this kind of stuff from personal experience, I'd rather not get sucked back in

...thing is, I'm doing so many real things in the next few days that I got nothing lighthearted to say. uh. hylian help post more of that cute game

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, I remember seeing this when I took the subreddit semi-seriously. How's IS this game anyhow? I'm genuinely intrigued.
Considering I just make those gifs like 5 seconds ago I doubt you saw them on reddit haha(unless you just meant the game in general).

It's really fun. I had to play with an Xbox controller and that took me almost two hours to get used to but overall I liked it a lot. It's a pretty different experience from smash, reminds me more of smash 64. There is no shielding, no ledges, and no grabbing so neutral is interesting.

Edit:

Here you go Canon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF3vZCrVLvQ

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Considering I just make those gifs like 5 seconds ago I doubt you saw them on reddit haha(unless you just meant the game in general).

It's really fun. I had to play with an Xbox controller and that took me almost two hours to get used to but overall I liked it a lot. It's a pretty different experience from smash, reminds me more of smash 64. There is no shielding, no ledges, and no grabbing so neutral is interesting.

Edit:

Here you go Canon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF3vZCrVLvQ
Yeah, I heard about the game in general on the sub. You need not fret about my incredible Shulk-level precognitive abilities yet.
Anyway, this sound pretty sweet. Where would I find this game anywho?

SunJester

Smash Ace
Rivals of Aether seems like the kind of game I would spend money on.

I really hope it turns out to be a great game, its looking pretty positive so far.

zman804

Smash Ace
I got to play a bunch of RoA and it feels so stupid good. Very smooth, unique characters, PARRIES. Parrying feels super satisfying and I really hope it catches on. More vids

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, I heard about the game in general on the sub. You need not fret about my incredible Shulk-level precognitive abilities yet.
Anyway, this sound pretty sweet. Where would I find this game anywho?
It comes out this year for PC/Xboxone. You can only play it if you are a tester for the game or know someone who is.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
It comes out this year for PC/Xboxone. You can only play it if you are a tester for the game or know someone who is.
Well, I guess I'll keep myself posted then. It looks awesome, the combos in the vid were getting mad creative! Also...****ING BUBBLES!!!!!

Have a ****ing bubbles compilation:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
You know a game is gonna be good when you can play as a Whalecat.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
oh my god hahaha, this is ****ing horrible timing
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I really, really really wish she would've approached this issue in a way that could have not only helped herself, but the other girls Strife potentially sexually harassed/could sexually harass. The way she presented this issue was baseless and really disappointing because I easily could see it happening knowing how much of an idiot strife can be.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You know a game is gonna be good when you can play as a Whalecat.
I called four legged animals being cool in Smash before everyone, and that's what I said in my application and they accepted me. Haven't been able to play it with any friends yet though.

Was it going to only be for Xbox one? no PC release? Surely they're be a PC release with it being on PC already.

And how do you guys know so much about strife?

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I called four legged animals being cool in Smash before everyone, and that's what I said in my application and they accepted me
This gives me feels for the Fire Emblem smash-like with all the Lords, Main Villains, and plain badasses (FE8 Joshua etc) with horses in play that never was.

I will instead look toward the possibility of a webcomic cameo-fest Smash-like instead, since that's something I REALLY want to design with my own little rag-tag band of indie game-design prodigies in the future. There is no excuse for me not being able to play as a particularly drunken Largo in a fighting game....no excuse.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

also, it shows how obliquely ignorant to the concept of this y'all are that you "need proof". that's kind of why sexual harassment is such a big deal, if the abuser knows what they're doing, the only evidence is from the victim, and nobody else. it's not like other crimes where you have things you can explicitly look into and test, beyond incredibly invasive tests (one involves things being heavily shoved into your v, in case you're wondering), all you got are testimonies

also "false claims" are so tiny statistically that I doubt it should even be the third or fourth thing to consider in these scenarios, much less the first or second
Needing proof should be a real thing

Like seriously. My step brother lost his professor/coaching job, the ability to ever teach again, and had to spend several days in jail because some stupid student girl got mad that he rejected her (He's married ffs)

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Wrote about Strife again. I wrote considering what I have learned and after panicking and writing fast in the initial 30 min have said something closer to what I mean.

@ Bleck Bleck for this part here too

She states that there are other victims, and posts that are evidence. I see that it is about testimony, but she isn't going for anything legal, so it seems that dependent on Strife's response she will have to follow up on her claims unless she wants to make herself look insane to everyone she just stirred up. So saying that her claim is enough isn't going to fly, b/c we aren't talking about courts.

On methods of proving sexual harassment and having something shoved far up your V. She has only said she has been verbally abused. That is still wrong, and nobody in a position of authority should be allowed to do that ever. I don't know if you thought she has been ***** by Strife, but at this point nobody has been accused of ****.

I always consider innocence 1st. Saying that he is guilty before even Strife responds is just a massive assumption. I honestly think she is telling the truth. What is found to be probable across most cases has nothing to do with an individual case, by assuming that most people are guilty in every case you only set yourself up to make a grave mistake.

He is probably guilty of harassment considering what people who know him have said.
"I'm not dismissing her claim, but I'm gonna dismiss her claim"
More like she could be (and this whole time I have beloved she probably is) right, but people's words don't instantly make a person guilty.

I'm actually very interested in how sexual harassment is handled in a legal environment. Gtg to Wikipedia.
Edit: Did it.
Wikipedia said:
Where laws surrounding sexual harassment exist, they generally do not prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or minor isolated incidents. In the workplace, harassment may be considered illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted, or when the victim decides to quit the job). The legal and social understanding of sexual harassment, however, varies by culture.
Copy pasted. This is just Wikipedia's overview at the beginning.

Otherwise, I think we can all agree that you should announce that you have been harassed to some sort of group with authority (maybe the company she created the sponsorship for or maybe other apex sponsors or even Apex itself? [I can see how that last one is less possible]) instead of your Twitter followers. It sounds like she works for someone sponsoring Apex, I would hope they would listen (wouldn't they be in real HR trouble if they didn't?).

I'm also wondering if this was avoidable for the Smash community. Apex seems like Strife's baby so I guess nobody could stop him from having a prominent role. Hopefully in cases where we do have control, we don't allow those we are aware are shady to get involved and tarnish all of the community when they get found out.

None of this went as it should have.
I seem pretty insensitive when it comes to the victim, but I think she handled this so poorly for her own reputation even. I don't understand how Twitter will help you w/ harass. I hope to god no GG like people get involved.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Needing proof should be a real thing

Like seriously. My step brother lost his professor/coaching job, the ability to ever teach again, and had to spend several days in jail because some stupid student girl got mad that he rejected her (He's married ffs)
do you not like reading or do you just prefer yelling anecdotes into the void

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
do you not like reading or do you just prefer yelling anecdotes into the void
Is being an anecdote alone a bad thing in this situation? It doesn't have much statistical weight, but social/legal justice systems aren't really based on pure data extrapolation anyways. I mean, statistics matter to an extent but I don't think you can brush any anecdote aside entirely just by labeling it.

Unless you were criticizing its comparability to the current topic, in which case I'd understand.

Top Bottom