• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

zman804

Smash Ace
So, for what it's worth, PM and our ESports overlords aren't incompatible. I can't say toooo much right now but I've been working super hard with a very big esports guy and in a week or two you guys might hear some big announcements with PM here in AZ.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
It's going to run - something that big won't collapse because of one man backing out.

Besides, from what I've heard, Alex Strife didn't actually do all that much as far as running the tournament itself.

MLGF

Smash Lord
He is a figurehead however, so there's certainly going to be some people who will not go because of this.

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
I'm kind of late to the party but...

I'm disgusted and ashamed that this kind of heartless and arrogant comes from any kind of person, much less the person who's seen as the figurehead of the biggest tournament series, who's supposed to set an example, expected of someone who runs such a large and iconic tournament.

The amount of harassment and dreamcrushing he's done is ridiculous and I don't see any reason to spare him the ****storm heading his way.

Maybe he is extremely oblivious to what he did and no one ever bothered to tell him "Dude, you maybe, MAYBE might be an asshole". But doing that for years and making himself look like comic book asshole who's not supposed to exist in reality makes that very doubtful.

Again, I realize I'm saying this late and that everything that could've been said has been said. But reading up on most the Reddit threads and whatnot about this guy makes me lose most of my little faith left in humanity and I really hope that guys like him are the very small exception to not only this community, but this species as well. Please let me seeing so many walking penises be a case of confirmation bias...

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Worse people than that are in far more powerful positions. Like most government officials to ever exist.
(and they leave them only through grisly deaths)

...But that's life, bruh. Nothing changes unless it's compelled to.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
You're the last person who I'd avoid at this point. You want to reschedule this **** to another tourney? I'm down. I will make sure you end up getting your own waifu, *****. Better believe that ****.
See me at Wrestlemania kiddo.

EddieSD (6).gif

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
There was a problem fetching the tweet

smash community is PRETTY ALRIGHT, man. I think we'll do fine

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet

That's actually a kind of cool result, glad something positive came out of that situation, still can't fathom why people can't just be treated like people. What a weird mindset, hope Alex takes the hint and gets some help, I'm just glad his behavior hadn't and hopefully will no longer be allowed to progress any farther.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
One thing this whole experience made me learn is that Juggleguy isn't Alex and not even an Apex guy.

Guess it is good I got that cleared up sooner rather than later XD
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm like 15 and I don't understand girls.
Trans persons just want to live as if they had been the opposite gender all along, right?

Then all the crossdressing and other stuff is mostly separate from being trans, right, or does it depend?

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Dammit, none of those stupid little details matter.

NO EXCEPTIONS.
/topic, forever

Now stop posting about it.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I literally just said what he is. I can't help that brony entails negative connotations.
But his liking of a certain show is irrelevant to his character

You're only feeding the idea that there are negative connotations towards a person's moral character for just liking something

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Which is total fooking bunk, and not even a quality joke.
Git gud at comedy, you failures.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Well I would think that understanding how they identify is important to me respecting how they identify, but I guess ignorance is better. Then I could just do something really smart like group them as supergays or somthing stupid.

SunJester

Smash Ace
People tell me the world is getting worse, always when something bad happens.

What I see is a definitive response.

One person is an asshole, they upset many people and generally are trying to be unloving and noninclusive.

The response from the rest of the community? Lets be even more loving, lets be more inclusive. Your toxic attitude will not prevail. Love is louder than hate.

I think we set a definite response today, Smash is going to be the most inclusive competitive scene. We're not perfect, but the endgame is clear now.

/serious

I love all y'all. Even you waifu loving bronies.

Edit: this is somewhat relevant

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
@ Grey Belnades Grey Belnades Picture of your face pls. That's all we need to finish the ZeRo wrecking. It could probably also just be something iconic enough for it to be recognizable.

@standardtoaster Since you do apps do you know if you make an app or something where Co-TO's and TO's could communicate easily + it links into brackets for smoothly run tournaments hosted by multiple people?

SunJester

Smash Ace
Well I would think that understanding how they identify is important to me respecting how they identify..
I'll try and TL;DR, but it gets really indepth.

Sex isn't gender. Sex is what chromosomes you have (ie: XX, or XY). Gender is how you express yourself and identify (Ie: Male, Female, Agender). Understand that sex is biologically created, and gender is socially constructed (as in it is created by societal expectations, and has nothing to do with sex, further example would be women are not naturally gentler and softer its society that places that requirement on them).

We have a gender binary in society. Most people say you're either male or female (gender) that matches up with your male or female (sex). This doesn't fit for some people. Some people even though they were born male (sex) do not feel the gender expression of male (gender) is appropriate for them, or they feel they were born in the incorrect body. So instead they choose to live life as a female, or another gender expression rather than succumb to the gender binary that is often quite enforced in our society.

It's a deeply personal thing what your gender expression is. Its somewhat similar to what your sexual expression is, and how for a long time it was enforced to very limited choices (Sexuality in western culture was enforced as straight only, the other sexualities were a sickness (historically)) Basically with societal expectations, and feeling out of place in said society, that is enforcing you into a gender binary, you can feel quite cut off from society. People can even hate you because you don't fall into their realm of "normal"

So being trans in today's society is rough, understand that gender is a very complex thing, and has no "right" answer. Someone else's gender expression is their own choice, and being supportive to them (especially since a lot of western society isnt) is really important to their self esteem and their sense of self.

I'm not sure if this answered your question, perhaps someone else can explain it better than me, but if you have further questions please feel free to ask, I'm not 100% knowledgeable on this subject, but I'll try and help the best I can.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
As I just said 40 minutes ago,

I said No exceptions, and no means no. Stop complicating it with silly details.
Cripes.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Ah man, I miss Mr. Rogers now. His show was one of my favorites when I was little. That's saying something, considering most of my T.V. time was devoted to Saturday morning animes in the years of that tradition coming to a close. Seriously, this man's show was up their with Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, etc. when I was five, that's saying alot.

Editz: Looks like were getting some decent head management for the Apex team, so that's a nice, happy note.

Moar Editz: IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, A BEAUTIFUL DAY FOR A NEIGHBOOR!11!

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
not necessarily

yes
So at the cost of possibly constructing a strawman, you're saying that liking something that isn't deemed "normal" by the majority irrevocably alters a person's personality traits to be more in line with the negative connotations one that likes said something is said to have?

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
Ah man, I miss Mr. Rogers now. His show was one of my favorites when I was little. That's saying something, considering most of my T.V. time was devoted to Saturday morning animes in the years of that tradition coming to a close. Seriously, this man's show was up their with Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, etc. when I was five, that's saying alot.

Editz: Looks like were getting some decent head management for the Apex team, so that's a nice, happy note.

Moar Editz: IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, A BEAUTIFUL DAY FOR A NEIGHBOOR!11!
Mr.Rogers' persona just demanded respect somehow. I dunno what it was.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'll try and TL;DR, but it gets really indepth.

Sex isn't gender. Sex is what chromosomes you have (ie: XX, or XY). Gender is how you express yourself and identify (Ie: Male, Female, Agender). Understand that sex is biologically created, and gender is socially constructed (as in it is created by societal expectations, and has nothing to do with sex, further example would be women are not naturally gentler and softer its society that places that requirement on them).

We have a gender binary in society. Most people say you're either male or female (gender) that matches up with your male or female (sex). This doesn't fit for some people. Some people even though they were born male (sex) do not feel the gender expression of male (gender) is appropriate for them, or they feel they were born in the incorrect body. So instead they choose to live life as a female, or another gender expression rather than succumb to the gender binary that is often quite enforced in our society.

It's a deeply personal thing what your gender expression is. Its somewhat similar to what your sexual expression is, and how for a long time it was enforced to very limited choices (Sexuality in western culture was enforced as straight only, the other sexualities were a sickness (historically)) Basically with societal expectations, and feeling out of place in said society, that is enforcing you into a gender binary, you can feel quite cut off from society. People can even hate you because you don't fall into their realm of "normal"

So being trans in today's society is rough, understand that gender is a very complex thing, and has no "right" answer. Someone else's gender expression is their own choice, and being supportive to them (especially since a lot of western society isnt) is really important to their self esteem and their sense of self.

I'm not sure if this answered your question, perhaps someone else can explain it better than me, but if you have further questions please feel free to ask, I'm not 100% knowledgeable on this subject, but I'll try and help the best I can.
Yeah I knew that sex does not equal gender. Just was wondering about those specific cases.
Like this is probably ignorant of me to say, but if there were a world where there is no sex linked binary gender, would people just accept the chromosomes they were born with an just be happy with them? Be homosexual, Bi, or whatever, but never get transformative surgery or hormones.

That is kinda a pointless thing to think about, because it isn't reality, but I wonder what the genetic basis for being trans is, if there is one. It has been shown that there is there is a genetic basis for homosexuality, and I wonder if it is the same, or only some genes vary, or if it is something else entirely, or if it is hardly genetic at all.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Edit:
Sooo...
About PM and Apex, did Strife have something against PM?

Last edited:
Top Bottom