• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
So at the cost of possibly constructing a strawman, you're saying that liking something that isn't deemed "normal" by the majority irrevocably alters a person's personality traits to be more in line with the negative connotations one that likes said something is said to have?
no, I'm saying that identifying with a cartoon show geared towards female children could potentially be indicative of an underlying issue with one's self.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
no, I'm saying that identifying with a cartoon show geared towards female children could potentially be indicative of an underlying issue with one's self.
Conversing with strangers on the internet could potentially be indicative of an underlying issue with one's self.
Playing a childrens party game when you are too old and taking it very seriously could potentially be indicative of an underlying issue with one's self.
Playing G&W, a garbage tier char could potentially be indicative of an underlying issue with one's self. (A chronic lack of drive to win)
Criticising people for what they enjoy could potentially be indicative of an underlying issue with one's self.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
If there is such a thing as 'natural law', then it seems natural to say that one's gender and one's sex ought to be the same.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
just stop defending yourself rofl. you put it in randomly within a myriad of objectively negative personality traits when it has nothing to do with this controversy at all.

it's like going "yeah that thief was a conniving pizza-loving murderer" and it's completely understandable for someone to be confused why you thought his taste for the popular italian dish was relevant to the thief's criminal activity.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
just stop defending yourself rofl. you put it in randomly within a myriad of objectively negative personality traits when it has nothing to do with this controversy at all.
inb4 strongbad goes on a rampage

plsdonthurtme

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Now I know we're all on that Apex strife (EH EH EHHHHHHHHHHHHH???)

But have some smash 4

If the time stamp doesn't work, skip to 5:03

SunJester

Smash Ace
Like this is probably ignorant of me to say, but if there were a world where there is no sex linked binary gender, would people just accept the chromosomes they were born with an just be happy with them? Be homosexual, Bi, or whatever, but never get transformative surgery or hormones.

That is kinda a pointless thing to think about, because it isn't reality, but I wonder what the genetic basis for being trans is, if there is one. It has been shown that there is there is a genetic basis for homosexuality, and I wonder if it is the same, or only some genes vary, or if it is something else entirely, or if it is hardly genetic at all.
If you want my honest opinion, I think its the growing pains of a society that will eventually reject the idea that what's inbetween your legs matters. You're born with XX, or XY, you dress and act how you want, and you have relationships with whomever you want.

It's distinctly possible sex change procedures are a result of gender binary, but thats a very simplistic view of an enormously complex topic, and a very personal choice.

There may be biological things behind gender, but its hard to tell at this point, and I feel its irrelevant to ask that question. I think the penultimate goal of society will be to "dissolve" the idea of gender to the point that anyone can be who that want.

I just think that starts with dissolving the idea that sex=gender. Its a long, long road. I'm not advocating anyone to change their gender expression, they can be who they want. I'm just saying I think ultimately, it will lead to not really "worrying" about people's gender.

TL;DR: someone's body is their own, I think we can worry more about the quality of the character rather than whats inbetween their legs.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Conversing with strangers on the internet could potentially be indicative of an underlying issue with one's self.
Playing a childrens party game when you are too old and taking it very seriously could potentially be indicative of an underlying issue with one's self.
Playing G&W, a garbage tier char could potentially be indicative of an underlying issue with one's self. (A chronic lack of drive to win)
Criticising people for what they enjoy could potentially be indicative of an underlying issue with one's self.
Alright, but the difference between what you and I said is that my statement is much more reasonable, given that there was just this huge controversy, involving a brony, who obviously has issues involving his sexual identity considering he sexually harassed girls as young as 14, and has shown countless times in the past that his state of mind and sense of identity aren't exactly healthy. Strife is just one example out of the many bronies that inhabit the internet that exhibit the behavior (or similar) I just described.

it's like going "yeah that thief was a conniving pizza-loving murderer" and it's completely understandable for someone to be confused why you thought his taste for the popular italian dish was relevant to the thief's criminal activity.
It wasn't random at all, I listed it with a bunch of other words that accurately describe him. I believe him being a brony is certainly indicative of how ****ed up of a person he is- it is relevant. I don't believe that everyone who identifies as a brony is ****ed, but in Strife's case (and many others) it is definitely hard to not see it as a supplement to his unhealthy behavior and psyche.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Hey.
Hey.
Here's some advice.

Drop this **** already lel

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Alright, but the difference between what you and I said is that my statement is much more reasonable, given that there was just this huge controversy, involving a brony, who obviously has issues involving his sexual identity considering he sexually harassed girls as young as 14, and has shown countless times in the past that his state of mind and sense of identity aren't exactly healthy. Strife is just one example out of the many bronies that inhabit the internet that exhibit the behavior (or similar) I just described.
Oh, I see.

But aren't my statements just as reasonable as there is this whole argument, involving you, who obviously has issues with his whole identity considering you just keep generalizing groups based on individuals in a bully-like manner? You are just one example out of the many morons that inhabit the internet that exhibit the behavior (or similar) I just described.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why in the world is Strong Bag's avatar a picture of Luna eating a bunch of bacon? :applejack:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I stay away for a day and **** blows up. MeleeItOnMe is on now.

People worried about witch hunts: I'd worry more about community cover-ups of bad behavior and letting a troubled individual have too much power. Like the ability to blackball a sizable chunk of the Smash scene because we e-sports now.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I stay away for a day and **** blows up. MeleeItOnMe is on now.

People worried about witch hunts: I'd worry more about community cover-ups of bad behavior and letting a troubled individual have too much power. Like the ability to blackball a sizable chunk of the Smash scene because we e-sports now.
I was gonna say, it is really only witch hunting if you are all dogpiling people without good reason. Alex Strife has all this stuff on him, community outcry was a major part in the swift response.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I believe him being a brony is certainly indicative of how ****ed up of a person he is- it is relevant.
That's one of the stupidest things I've read all day. It reminds me of saying that everyone that plays Magic the Gathering is a social misfit who spends their time practicing Magic and trying to sacrifice children to gather Mana in order to appease their Planeswalker.

It's painting everyone that happens to associate with a specific group with the same brush when one person that happens to enjoy the same thing ends up being a dickbag or at least acting like one. Have more sense than that.

Top Bottom