• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
And he knows it.
Sweetheart.
That's Eliwood.
Come on. Have you even played FE?

Edit:
That's Eliwood, Roy's father....though he sucks too.
He gets a horse when he promotes earlier on than Roy, instantly better.

Who sucks more, Roy or Erika?
Eirika is better for the same reason as above.

The more you horse, the better you are at fleeing from enemies and making the rest of your units do all the work.

Last edited:

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I hate horse units. I never use them. They lack the necessary swag to take one of my character slots. Except Mage Knights. They're okay, I guess.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
He gets a horse when he promotes earlier on than Roy, instantly better.
All I said was he sucks, not that he sucks as much as Roy. He's a little bit better, but mediocre stats and a practically worthless super-weapon spell doom for poor Eliwood in terms of his value overall.

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
All I said was he sucks, not that he sucks as much as Roy. He's a little bit better, but mediocre stats and a practically worthless super-weapon spell doom for poor Eliwood in terms of his value overall.
I didn't find durandal useless. But in comparison to Ragnell hell yeah it's useless.
Roy's super weapon was saving grace though. If only it had more than 20 uses in its game.
(And before the PMDT get any ideas, the mechanic in his game is that durability is only lost on-hit. :3)

But for real they should go back to classic fe6/fe7 style without skills. I liked those better because they had removed skills after going kinda overboard before already-- and they went overboard with FE:Awakening too imo.
Also needs stat crunch. I don't need 80 hp maximum and 50 str maximums. It's dumb to increase both of those for almost no reason whatsoever since you're still going to kill people at the same rate. It just makes it more stupid when your character gets RNG screwed.

But if you're like me in FE6 and FE7, you do perfect saves and get perfect or near-perfect stats on level and absolutely don't accept empty/false level ups.

Looking back at that I'm kind of insane.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I didn't find durandal useless. But in comparison to Ragnell hell yeah it's useless.
Roy's super weapon was saving grace though. If only it had more than 20 uses in its game.
(And before the PMDT get any ideas, the mechanic in his game is that durability is only lost on-hit. :3)
Durandal is useless for him because it's heavy and it basically makes him die in one round if you don't baby him vs the final boss or use him to deliver the very last attack.

Bleck

Smash Master
<3

I'm starting to like it more. But shield pressure definitely isn't a thing Falco has in 4 lol.
no seriously falco straight up sucks in 4

they nerfed him even harder than meta knight and UGH I have no idea why

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Man online is some serious BS
Some stuff doesn't even work on reaction

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Why would you want to see 5mins of me struggling with the controls
EDIT: And that godawful buffer christ

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i wanna make a combo vid (for real this time) anyone want in?

i know kailex kun wants me in :^)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Just came back from Next Level and had a blast.

MarlinPie's a real fun guy for someone who plays the scumbag characters. lol
How you did at TSB if you even entered at all also what was the salt about with Lordknight getting 3rd?

@ | Kailex | | Kailex | I never played you in smash 4 3ds lol.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Got Tokyo Jungle in a ps3 disk bundle thing

Running around ****ing **** up as a pomeranian is the best game idea ever

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Ike was hella busted, though, lol, even without Ragnell.

@ Eliwood hate; ehh, I did pretty well with Eliwood. He felt like a standard lord unit to me as far as overall power, and I didn't have any trouble running through the game with him as one of my few focused units. Roy, on the other hand, was pretty miserable. Shoutouts to having the same life as your archers.

Overall I really like Awakening and the skills and stuff, but I do dislike how the game innately requires grinding. One of the nice things about the old style FEs is that its a very streamlined game, and you sort of have to make do with what you currently have for each mission. Makes each mission have a sense of importance. (Arenas ofc added in a little grinding, but it was so minuscule in comparison to the side quest grinds and random risen battles in Awakening.)

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
@ Hinichii.ez.™ Hinichii.ez.™ Child of Light is awesome and definitely one of my favorite games. I'm usually not one for RPGs but I am glad I played it. I especially liked the soundtrack and battle system
Sometimes, I just stare at all them water colors, it's a really nice game. Gotta thank @GHNeko here for recommending me this title. He's the homie.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Ike was hella busted, though, lol, even without Ragnell.

@ Eliwood hate; ehh, I did pretty well with Eliwood. He felt like a standard lord unit to me as far as overall power, and I didn't have any trouble running through the game with him as one of my few focused units. Roy, on the other hand, was pretty miserable. Shoutouts to having the same life as your archers.

Overall I really like Awakening and the skills and stuff, but I do dislike how the game innately requires grinding. One of the nice things about the old style FEs is that its a very streamlined game, and you sort of have to make do with what you currently have for each mission. Makes each mission have a sense of importance. (Arenas ofc added in a little grinding, but it was so minuscule in comparison to the side quest grinds and random risen battles in Awakening.)
Did Awakening really require much grinding on the normal difficulty? I know the hard difficulties were pretty broken that way, but I don't remember that being the case on regular difficulty. Maybe I just enjoyed the extra missions and didn't notice.

Foo

Smash Lord
I really enjoyed the first (US) FE game, but I was unbelievably **** at it. I even tried playing it again on an emulator I got stuck lmao. That is, until I figured out (read about) grinding in the arena, but I overdid it an the whole game became a joke lol.

Still not sure why I sucked so badly at that game.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The worst part of being stuck home sick for the holidays is that I can't practice melee for a huge event next week
I can play turbo stamina with my brother and that's all he will do qq

Top Bottom