• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
you can probably get a few organizations to sponsor you if you contact them about it, it's not all getting scouted out.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I've played a lot more smash 4, especially Falco dittos. Maybe it is because I don't want to pick a top tier, but Almost every approach option is invalid. You need some sort of projectile/spacing game because shield is super safe. You can bait out things or play a character that has awesome conversions out of grab, otherwise you lose.

I can't stand the lack of edgeguarding. Shiek has some cool edgeguards, but otherwise I haven't seen anything. I love edgeguarding/recovery, It means that putting people offstage matters, but in 4 its practically gone.

I feel like even a lot of positional advantage type things are gone now that everyone has a godlike roll.

I need to play some live matches cause lag really does kill me.

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I've played a lot more smash 4, especially Falco dittos. Maybe it is because I don't want to pick a top tier, but Almost every approach option is invalid. You need some sort of projectile/spacing game because shield is super safe. You can bait out things or play a character that awesome conversions out of grab, otherwise you lose.

I can't stand the lack of edgeguarding. Shiek has some cool edgeguards, but otherwise I haven't seen anything. I love edgeguarding/recovery, It means that putting people offstage matters, but in 4 its practically gone.

I feel like even a lot of positional advantage type things are gone now that everyone has a godlike roll.

I need to play some live matches cause lag really does kill me.
speaking of no edgeguarding
have you thought about how free teleport auto-snap recoveries are

1: You can't be ledgehogged- you push the opponent off the ledge when you grab it
2: The only time you can be hit out is the startup
3: The best the opponent can do otherwise to stop you is to stand near the ledge and shield.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Edgeguarding is still very possible, but then again I play Sheik so I might be a bit biased.
Sheik feels so good in Smush.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
All Falco can do to edge guard is shoot 1 or 2 lasers, hope that they tournament winner, and throw out a fair, bair, or dair (listed in order of difficulty and reward from lowest to highest). You can somtimes Phantasm into people for the super agro edge guard, but you better hope they don't put out a hitbox.

I played a Ness ditto and had a lot of fun.

@ Bleck Bleck I thought that games should have learning curves that make it fun for anyone to pick up and play? I just picked it up, and whenever someone uses a lot of rolls and shield and just punishes everything I try, it isn't fun. I doubt a lot of casuals like to play passively either, so only the good people will have an understanding of the game where they can press their advantage appropriately, everyone else will get crapped on.

Have you ever considered that you don't like Melee/the Melee parts of PM because you are bad?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I play sanic in smash 4 and u will lose if u fit me
Dont make me buy a wiiu

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
speaking of no edgeguarding
have you thought about how free teleport auto-snap recoveries are

1: You can't be ledgehogged- you push the opponent off the ledge when you grab it
2: The only time you can be hit out is the startup
3: The best the opponent can do otherwise to stop you is to stand near the ledge and shield.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Did you know that the ledge-snapping animation has a few vulnerability frames?
It's possible to hit Sheik/Zelda/Palutena/w/e as they grab the ledge. But since they're technically regrabbing the ledge, they regain their double-jump.
So it's essentially free damage, or a spike depending on their percent.

The ledge snap vulnerability is universal to all the cast, but it might be harder to exploit vs characters with hitbox-protected recoveries as opposed to teleports.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Did you know that the ledge-snapping animation has a few vulnerability frames?
It's possible to hit Sheik/Zelda/Palutena/w/e as they grab the ledge. But since they're technically regrabbing the ledge, they regain their double-jump.
So it's essentially free damage, or a spike depending on their percent.

The ledge snap vulnerability is universal to all the cast, but it might be harder to exploit vs characters with hitbox-protected recoveries as opposed to teleports.
So I should always d-tilt the ledge?
I play sanic in smash 4 and u will lose if u fit me
Dont make me buy a wiiu
I main Falco in that game, do you honestly think I give a damn.

And yes I'm on 3ds.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I think I'm getting better at shield mixups and playing keep away in S4.

I'm glad for Phantasm, reflector and laser, but what happens when I fight a good ZSS or Diddy?

If someone plays smart, Falco has no option to create real pressure in Smash 4. I am kinda attached, but it is probably smart to drop him. I guess I should check his character thread to see if he has any good options for baiting people OoS.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
my entire right shoulder and arm have been hurting for the last week, wat do

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
That feeling when you're the first to get there so you end up waiting outside awkwardly for the others to get there

Good thing there's wi-fi

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

I'm glad for Phantasm, reflector and laser, but what happens when I fight a good ZSS or Diddy?

If someone plays smart, Falco has no option to create real pressure in Smash 4. I am kinda attached, but it is probably smart to drop him. I guess I should check his character thread to see if he has any good options for baiting people OoS.
PP mix ups

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon

If we call it S4 I'm going to get really confused really fast because I played a game that was literally called S4 League for quite a long time.
Please no.

Anyways after changing to wii (using the same monitor) from playing dolphin for a long time, and playing alone with CPUs, it felt like I had a sudden breakthrough because I stopped making mistakes that I would always make on dolphin for some reason.
It's almost weird when you start to do things perfectly 95% of the time.

At any rate, why do people with 4:3 monitors always switch to 16:9?
it makes things look awkward coming from playing 16:9 on a 16:9 monitor.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Well, I spent 7 hours TOing a tournament with PM, Melee, and Sm4sh.
...And then I lost my Gamecube controller.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Well, I spent 7 hours TOing a tournament with PM, Melee, and Sm4sh.
...And then I lost my Gamecube controller.

Sounds like me at SI
Cept the tournament took like 12h but w/e

Top Bottom