• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I'm back in that, change my ava once a week mode again. Rocked the GF for a bit, now to rock the newest game that I dig; Child of Light!

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
You needed a new controller anyways.
Don't know how people stand control sticks without the rubber.
They're better. They scare your opponent into thinking you're a rugged, experienced player when you're really just a bit careless. Also you get to develop calluses on your thumb and show them off to your dirty casual friends.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
wait do you mean like squishing things or expanding them

because I love playing with stretched 4:3 on a 16:9 screen
I mean squishing, I think.

4:3 looks really wide on a 16:9
16:9 looks really squished on a 4:3
I prefer to play the game at the setting the monitor is made for lol
But for whatever reason, people with 4:3 CRTs set their game to run 16:9.
It especially makes it feel like my wavedashes aren't correct, because it looks like you go nowhere when you do one. (Similar to playing 4:3 on a 16:9 where your wavedashes look like they go hella far)

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I wish there was Smash here
The only competitive-gaming-thing in my town is Magic at the comic book store.
I have a friend who's really into competitive SF4 and has some interest in Smash, and we've talked about starting/attempting to start a competitive vidygam club at our school but we've never actually done anything.
I've also considered setting up something with the aforementioned comic book store. I hear the owner is pretty chill and I have friends who work there.
Idk
Anybody have experience starting a scene or whatever.
I just want to play games.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I wish there was Smash here
The only competitive-gaming-thing in my town is Magic at the comic book store.
I have a friend who's really into competitive SF4 and has some interest in Smash, and we've talked about starting/attempting to start a competitive vidygam club at our school but we've never actually done anything.
I've also considered setting up something with the aforementioned comic book store. I hear the owner is pretty chill and I have friends who work there.
Idk
Anybody have experience starting a scene or whatever.
I just want to play games.
I started an anime club at my high school which lasted with around 16 members for the entire 3 years I tried
That's easier though since you don't have to pay for venue stuff.
Basically I used fliers
But Facebook + Offering food (sweets more like. A plate of cookies goes a long way apparently.) was probably the best way to go about it.

Basically people will come if they know there will be free food. It's near-guaranteed. But the scene will certainly be comprised differently than an anime group because it doesn't matter who's casual and who's competitive with anime. Casuals tend to have a hard time getting along with competitive players, unless they have the competitive mindset in them somewhere.

You might also want to hit up the KY thread if there is one.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Just came back from Next Level and had a blast.

MarlinPie's a real fun guy for someone who plays the scumbag characters. lol

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
@ arcticfox8 arcticfox8 https://www.facebook.com/groups/KyInOhSmash/
Always check facebook and smashboards to see if your state/region has a smash scene. Seeing how you're 16, I don't know how accessible this may be for you.
I'm aware that there is a scene in my state, but closest is like an hour away.
That doesn't seem too bad, but then I can't drive, and I don't have friends who are interested enough to drive that long for it, and my parents wouldn't allow it anyway because gaming is stupid and gamers are sexual predators or whatever.
im not playing games anytime soon rip

Bleck

Smash Master
@ Bleck Bleck I thought that games should have learning curves that make it fun for anyone to pick up and play?
he says, on the pm forums

I just picked it up, and whenever someone uses a lot of rolls and shield and just punishes everything I try, it isn't fun.
have you considered learning how to punish rolls and/or apply shield pressure

I doubt a lot of casuals
yeah I'm honorbound to not pretend like any argument that uses the word "casuals" is anything but stupid

Have you ever considered that you don't like Melee/the Melee parts of PM because you are bad?
yes, but I eventually concluded that the parts of Melee and/or PM that I dislike (l-canceling, overly safe movement, ****ty balance) weren't really things that affected me at all (I'm good at l-canceling, I'm pretty good at wavemoment and I like being good at it, and I main Falco in Melee)

the things I complain about in Melee and PM are things that are unhealthy for the overall metagame (and for the budding opinions of people who get into fighting games as a result of either) irrespective of my skills at either game, whereas your complaints about Smash 4 more or less sound like johns

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Spent a few days away from Smash and the internet, got pretty into Project X Zone after nabbing it on sale at CD Tradepost on Christmas Eve. Came back with everything I need to start working on my PM Announcer project and general VA stuff, sans new microphone which I have to wait a week for. Considered reading the 20+ pages I had in PMS and then realized that it's probably not worth it.

Anything interesting happen lately?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
^ Well, it's 4 days 'til 2015.
everyone should just quit SmUsh and play better games
...Take a wild guess why I've more-or-less stopped going to anything competitive.
( ͡° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Oh god I don't think I deserve an AMA but if you give it to another squirtman I don't want to have to spend the day correcting everything they get wrong.
I could always ask womb@t if you're not interested or you feel someone else would be a better choice

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Why does Roy suck so much in Melee
He's the most fun character
I always wondered what the thought process was behind Mars
barely scratching someone does more damage
slicing all the way through them does less
wat

This is why I will never convert.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
The tip of the blade moves at a higher velocity than the rest.
Technically speaking, Roy is weird.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Why does Roy suck so much in Melee
He's the most fun character
No, winning is fun
and then the only fun low tiers are like, falcon, yink, and Gnw.
Falcon is objectivly the most fun low tier character in melee

(Everyone that's not falco/fox/marth is trash)

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
The tip of the blade moves at a higher velocity than the rest.
Technically speaking, Roy is weird.
Well... yeah, but, slicing all the way through them as opposed to giving them a scratch?

Imagine like, losing your head because someone sliced it off with a blade, or getting a (I guess wide) cut on your arm that doesn't make it impossible to use
which one feels like more damage

It's not the same as a blunt weapon because blunt weapons don't penetrate. Yeah, you want to hit with the very edge because leverage. But with something that can actually cut through, it would be better to cut more than cut less, right?

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
You don't seem to understand that characters in smash are trophies

They're made of plastic

No one gets cut or hurt

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Well... yeah, but, slicing all the way through them as opposed to giving them a scratch?

Imagine like, losing your head because someone sliced it off with a blade, or getting a (I guess wide) cut on your arm that doesn't make it impossible to use
which one feels like more damage

It's not the same as a blunt weapon because blunt weapons don't penetrate. Yeah, you want to hit with the very edge because leverage. But with something that can actually cut through, it would be better to cut more than cut less, right?
It's because Roy sucks even in his own game
and marth has a limitless pool of his own power, have you not seen the anime? He kills a man with just the wave of a hand.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
he says, on the pm forums

have you considered learning how to punish rolls and/or apply shield pressure

yeah I'm honorbound to not pretend like any argument that uses the word "casuals" is anything but stupid

yes, but I eventually concluded that the parts of Melee and/or PM that I dislike (l-canceling, overly safe movement, ****ty balance) weren't really things that affected me at all (I'm good at l-canceling, I'm pretty good at wavemoment and I like being good at it, and I main Falco in Melee)

the things I complain about in Melee and PM are things that are unhealthy for the overall metagame (and for the budding opinions of people who get into fighting games as a result of either) irrespective of my skills at either game, whereas your complaints about Smash 4 more or less sound like johns
<3

I'm starting to like it more. But shield pressure definitely isn't a thing Falco has in 4 lol.
and marth has a limitless pool of his own power, have you not seen the anime? He kills a man with just the wave of a hand.
Who sucks more, Roy or Erika?

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I got to play Smash 4 Wii U at one of my cousins

I didn't get to try every character, but I like Diddy and Mario. Both of them have like SH Bair Bair/Uair/Nair (just like in Brawl, and also PM), and Diddy autocancel Fair, fast SH uair spam and so on. Dr. Mario can't do SH Bair Bair and stuff.

And you'd think they would have reduced Brawl's buffer to be less. Still enjoy it though for the early/double aerials, but I only need at most 3 frames to get things down.

And everything being light press is great. I tried for other people's sake though the Reset controller with trigger held inward, and it won't trigger anything even though the hard press is still active; it's possible you could get it reset just before the hard press with the slightest tad of analog and it'd work but I'm not sure. That still pry wouldn't make it work for those that have removed their springs.

And people like DrinkingFood better not think Light press air dodge is inaccurate just cus Smash 4 with crazy buffer and usually HDTV doesn't seem accurate with it.

And my cousin and his friend also just got bored of the game somewhat quickly, casuals like this game less than I do lol.

@ Saxophoneoftime Saxophoneoftime I don't think you ever told me your youtube account
@Ramz289 same with you, and if I give you access too you'll have to pry corporate with Sax to not get stuff confused between each other's edits. Whenever you're ready to play 3s on supercade hit me up, you should pry research some of the basics on youtube though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goEmjS9JDTA&list=PL4426B34C3D1AA01A

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
In the anime it's Mars not Marth

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Super echo chamber at its finest.
What? The song or my reply or something?
And this is interesting http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2qldzl/pgh_carrolls_unconventional_tech_chase/
I wonder if this was posted because of my post linking the video

Also I'm on such a Tool binge, last was Serj Tankian (all his solo albums) and Nine Inch Nails.
All Tool's albums are good.

Also after Bowling, I realized the pro technique of spinning the ball is like wavedashing or something (well just another of the many analogies to this crap); at first you'll pry do worse with it than going more or less straight with the ball. But at the highest level you won't be able to bowl at a professional level.

And back when you guys were talking about Sleep stuff. I only had what seemed to be a lucid dream once (in that I not only knew I was dreaming, but the dream allowed me to create stuff since I knew I was dreaming), and it sucked ass. "Oh I'm in a dream, I want to have sex.. this sex sucks, and I can't even see who the girl is". I don't know why people want lucid dreams over the wonders of just normal dreams themselves, I value them more than trying to make it just pleasurable lies every time or something.

Also my favorite controller color is Indigo

Last edited:
Top Bottom