• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Is there like a best Fire Emblem based off general consensus, or is it one of those things the fanbase have different opinions on?
Yeah kinda like the Zelda games. Most fans in the U.S who play the games usually love FE7, Path Of Radiance and Awakening especially if you only played the games from FE7 onward cause that's when they start bringing the games over to the states but all the FE games have their pros and cons all boiling down to story, mechanics, difficulty, characters and the like.

MY favorite FE games ATM is FE7, Path Of Radiance and Awakening. I haven't played Radiant Dawn, the DS remake of FE3 Marth's second game, Genealogy of the Holy War, Tharcia 776, FE Gaiden or the original Marth games yet so I can't comment much on them.

Last edited:

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Talk of FE skills with a lack of mentioning how stupid lethality is. Does 0 damage against me > Lethality activates > I die. Why fagsjfefrf. Vengeance+Vantage skill combo is busted as hell in Awakening as well, but I don't mind as much since I abuse it :D.

I would have played a lot more FE games if I could read Japanese T_T (Yes, I know translations exist, but still). I like Awakening more solely due the fact you can get all supports possible with your characters bar S support. I don't get why this was a limited thing in the previous games (at least from the ones I've played). Grinding wasn't really necessary on Normal in Awakening unless you wanted every member of your team to be useful (and if you do, just get 90+ reeking boxes and start grinding 9.9). Lunatic is...stupid. Mainly cause I tried it on Classic (cause Casual is for scrubs, especially on Normal) and want to keep everyone alive or else I feel like a horrible person. 4 chapters, a few hours and a loss of sanity later, I deduced that this was way too ****ing hard without Casual easing things. No, it's stupid, Fred or nothing is what it devolves to, basically (or maybe I'm just bad).

Free actual multiplayer for Awakening pls. Even the GBA games had PvP multiplayer and the best Awakening has is streetpass teams.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'm a huge sacred stones fan myself, although awakening is pretty. I think the grind heavy game play would have been perfect if there was actual pvp, like in the DS game.

I also was never that hardcore, I'm a filthy casual with FE

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Lunatic +..... is moronic.
So very ridiculous and unfair, even for a FE game.
I really don't like quitting/giving up like this, but this mode is excruciatingly vexing and so very RNG based...... and I'm still on Chapter 3!

I love a good challenge, which is why I've persisted, but this seems like my odds of victory without casualties are about the chances of Samus surviving the X Virus without the Metroid Vaccine.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
FE8 Sacred Stones was my first FE game and which is weird for a first FE cause it's easy and is the black sheep of the FE games but alot of characters I liked in that game especially the trainee characters.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Radiant Dawn was actually my first FE (gift from parents when none of us knew any better), so I was kind of forced to go hardcore from the get go without any idea what was going on. I liked not just shove but also the height mechanics, Canto, and the 3rd tier classes, which I missed for the rest of the series. Oh, also I love the Thani spell for no explicable reason - giant exploding ball of light was just awesome as a kid I guess. I just don't like how it spoiled Path of Radiance for me - it was still good, but it just felt off knowing what would happen.

I still think FE7 is the best though to represent the series as a whole for general gameplay, though I like Awakening for showcasing features from all of the games and it's polish in most directions barring strategic variety

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
The only FE I've ever played was the one on the Wii, I think it was Radiant Dawn? But I got completely stuck.
On an early level that took place in the mountains (had a dragon rider so I don't think I was too early in the game) there was an enemy Priest that would cause the entire game to crash when he was in combat, no matter who, when or where it took place.

Never rented a game from my local library again

Edit: Dang laggy mobile

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Shadow dragon sucked. I only liked verses mode. I wish awakening had a verses mode like that. I also wish, that there was some sorta, black out mode. You know, like a mode where you could fight with like... EVERY FRIGGIN UNIT U GOT IM TALKING STRAIGHT UP WAR BBY. That would be bad ass.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Awakening feels really good upfront, like best in the series. It kind of drops off over time though. I find myself coming back to 5 and 7 a lot and the Tellius series is excellent as well. I think part of where Awakening fails is that the story is more character-focused than about world-building which I find fails with a game that doesn't really get enough time to setup over time. And the plot in general just kind of sucks. It does a great job at building tension but looking back it's a mess that doesn't have any proper lead up until like the last 4-5 chapters. The amount of support conversations are really impressive though, I'll say that.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's basically Ultimate Skill Grinding Dating Sim: The Game, which is one of the main reasons I've seen bigger fans of the series criticize the game for.

I had also forgotten that I don't care much for the art style either. Outside of Chrom and Robin's main class designs, most of the classes are seriously ugly.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
I'm still rocking this Santa hat avatar.
*** it, ill just leave it till next Christmas.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It's basically Ultimate Skill Grinding Dating Sim: The Game, which is one of the main reasons I've seen bigger fans of the series criticize the game for.

I had also forgotten that I don't care much for the art style either. Outside of Chrom and Robin's main class designs, most of the classes are seriously ugly.
Sounds about right lol also the artist who did the designs for Awakening is the same guy who did the No More Heroes artwork.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Smash 4 is evil

I have fun playing the game (with Diddy/Mario). But then when I leave each time, I can still hear Diddy doing things and Smash 4 sound effects going on in my head. And I still can't pinpoint it but basically it makes me feel worse after I stop playing than when I'm playing.

And things like the overdone light purple green effects, Ness' fair and his design, Jigglypuff's souless character model: are all inspired by some evil force to be unrealisticly designed by a guy on a bad acid/shroom trip. I think if you wanted Brawl to be a lot more intensively and memorably bad, you'd make it in HD, and force people to play on Battlefield and Smashville over and over.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
have you tried being better perhaps
This is all after-effects out of my control. I enjoy playing the game; but then I can't stop the subconscious nightmares that follow.

It might actually be able to cure people from a phobia of Clowns

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
There was this Melee PM tourney-ish fest.

Edit: Long story short I needed to start relearning tech starting with shorthops. Why is waveshining so easy in Melee compared to PM?

4 is evil it took my tech and now I need to grind for all the customs.

God I love and hate 4 all at the same time.

I think I will wait for hype to die down and the frame data to come out before I take the game seriously.

Edit2: I do badly wish that PPMD would attend more events. I need to gather his knowledge for my own. I want to see Falco vs Marth, not Marth vs Marth.

That matchup is hell if you don't get dreamland, laser game has to be on point.

Edit3: I judged all the players instantly on their skill. I kinda was an ass. I just don't want to play friendlies with the Samus that only uses F-tilt. So many players just won with cheese. Marth that F-smashes offstage and edgeguards with F-smash. I don't know what to do against that, I only see how good players deal with the optimal edgeguards.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
someone recommend me a psychological thriller that doesn't leave you utterly disappointed like Gone Girl does.

Bleck

Smash Master
This is all after-effects out of my control. I enjoy playing the game; but then I can't stop the subconscious nightmares that follow.
Seriously, though, I've only played against one really good Diddy and he really did make me feel like I just straight up couldn't do anything. I do think that he certainly feels too strong, though there's of course a lot of improvement I can make in my game. I think it's too early in the game to be working on the assumption that anybody is clear-cut overpowered.

someone recommend me a psychological thriller that doesn't leave you utterly disappointed like Gone Girl does.
Black Swan.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I think the big three are ZSS, Diddy and Sheik, in no particular order. That being said, I'm currently at a point where I'm incapable of playing well as anyone but Dedede, and I don't want to practice new dudes in For Glory, so it's difficult to get practice with new dudes since nobody around here wants to play Smash 4 (the few local smashers are all about dat Melee, and maybe sometimes PM).

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Seriously, though, I've only played against one really good Diddy and he really did make me feel like I just straight up couldn't do anything. I do think that he certainly feels too strong, though there's of course a lot of improvement I can make in my game. I think it's too early in the game to be working on the assumption that anybody is clear-cut overpowered.
It's a lot of characters. The whole art and sound design is cartoony, in a way that makes me not want to watch it. Just like most animes (anything that looks similar to K-On!) and League of Legends/Street fighter 4.

You got Diddy doing a goofy Uair or Bowser doing a Bair or Ness doing a Fair, with your standard Smash 4 rainbows and glowing arcs going on, and when it hits you hear some crate breaking sound over and over while crazy over the top ugly effects go on; all putting the banned Pokemon seizure episode to shame for this being a game you're gonna play for hours.

Last edited:

Espi

Smash Journeyman
There was this Melee PM tourney-ish fest.

Edit: Long story short I needed to start relearning tech starting with shorthops. Why is waveshining so easy in Melee compared to PM?

4 is evil it took my tech and now I need to grind for all the customs.

God I love and hate 4 all at the same time.

I think I will wait for hype to die down and the frame data to come out before I take the game seriously.

Edit2: I do badly wish that PPMD would attend more events. I need to gather his knowledge for my own. I want to see Falco vs Marth, not Marth vs Marth.

That matchup is hell if you don't get dreamland, laser game has to be on point.

Edit3: I judged all the players instantly on their skill. I kinda was an ***. I just don't want to play friendlies with the Samus that only uses F-tilt. So many players just won with cheese. Marth that F-smashes offstage and edgeguards with F-smash. I don't know what to do against that, I only see how good players deal with the optimal edgeguards.
youre bad

Top Bottom