• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well that's that and this is this.

It's possible to agree on some things and disagree on others.

ALSO

ALSO

I SEE THAT PARASYTE MAXIM AVATAR

**** NIGGA

YOU WATCH THAT **** TOO?

OH MANNN

i love the social thread. people in here got such great taste in animu.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
race is dumb culture is dumb

I'm also a porch monkey fyi

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well that's that and this is this.

It's possible to agree on some things and disagree on others.
...duh. I'm poking fun at the fool. Not like I hate him for having that viewpoint or something.

ALSO

ALSO

I SEE THAT PARASYTE MAXIM AVATAR

YOU WATCH THAT **** TOO?

OH MANNN

i love the social thread. people in here got such great taste in animu.
I binge-read the manga a loooooong time ago. Fantastic series. I don't regret driving about 45 minutes to an hour every other day to go to the bookstore that had it. I'm not disappointed with the anime adaptation at all.

Smooth Criminal

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I sarcastically called a picture someone drew lame today on facebook, and the guy starts talking about how i'm a fail troll even though I said I was just being sarcastic.

Why are people so ****ing stupid

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
remember when apparently people thought i was white

idk what the hell made yall think i was white

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Meh, I couldn't get into Parasyte when I first saw it. It kinda bored me, so I dropped it.

That and Unlimited Blade Works is too busy grabbing my unlimited attention.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
super dewritos boards.JPG

Seriously @Warchamp7 what the actual fuck. Why is there more ads on this damn page than forum. If this isn't some weird adware I have then I will be really disappointed in addition to being annoyed. On top of what's in the pic above, there was a banner ad 1/3 down the posts and an UNPAUSABLE UNMUTABLE video ad 2/3 the way down. Fucking Legos, Minecraft, Star Wars, and Smashboards? What next, you're gonna advertise buying Fanta and Cheetos to get great in-forum rewards like premium and skins? Jesus Fuck it's the next dewanddoritos. This is why I have adblock

EDIT: Yep adblock got rid of it. Usually that doesn't work on adware. And what a surprise the red banner is back in all it's slow-loading glory.

EDIT2: Yeah, I see you lurkin' down there.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I already RAR WD to get to the ledge in PM. Is there an issue with that? Not having it as a universal option just kind of accentuates the turnaround options that the top tiers already have that give them more flexibility elsewhere, widening the gap of imbalance.
I love RAR and would never remove it from PM (just like I would never remove Peanut Gun AD O_O, look at this stylin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzN-Uqihh5s&list=PLovBMkMLex7xP-JgGCNJeai7iPd5hUKhe#t=10), but I wanted to point out the interestingly arcane game implications we might not take thought of like the one you just said. It accentuates other options regarding the ledge (not all of which character specific); if you don't set yourself up correctly or try to cover certain other options you can more easily lose the ledge grab option. Choices between to stay in Walk or MW, and attempt a perfect PC pivot are all the more vital. Then there's all the other stuff about RAR aerials, which I don't really know where to start.

It was for the comment "Melee would be perfect with it", yes it would feel more intuitive and controllable like PM does but the game methodology would pry change pretty drastically. I'm not sure if it'd lessen the balance gap at all either in regards to Melee, I mean I'd like to think a lot of the Melee cast has decent ledge grab options (Yoshi/Pikachu/Pichu's Up-b, Some can dash attack at ledge to fall off grab etc.). So eventually maybe someone can or already has made a Melee RAR code, and see if it feels as amazing in PM. It's funny how we don't really notice too much of it in PM, when the Melee characters all got like B-reversals, the ability to B-turnaround their down-b which they couldn't do in Melee (Marth), RAR and DACUS. We're probably not using enough RAR Up-smash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yZaBPp5ZF0#t=229 and RAR Aerials.
But then again, nobody notices anything; like the fact they all can do dozens of new early/double aerials for some reason (which I find great and refreshing).

I know, which is why I said that. All those options >>> some character specific ledge grab tech, imho.
It wasn't about just the character specific ledge tech, all of which you still have reason to utilize occasionally in PM. It was about Melee overall for your viable characters having that lack of option to get to the ledge in a lot of positions (I can't seem to phrase this well lol). As well as what implications and work-
arounds you have towards approaching without being able to instantly switch directions out of a dash for your aerials, one of those work-arounds is Dash Shield Stop Pivot or something. Like you said though, all of it is a good trade-off for how amazing and controllable RAR feels and what many cool things it opens up.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
race is dumb culture is dumb

I'm also a porch monkey fyi
wat

wat

...duh. I'm poking fun at the fool. Not like I hate him for having that viewpoint or something.
oh

welp

I binge-read the manga a loooooong time ago. Fantastic series. I don't regret driving about 45 minutes to an hour every other day to go to the bookstore that had it. I'm not disappointed with the anime adaptation at all.

Smooth Criminal
anime compared to the manga?

is it worth picking up the manga? or can i stick to the anime?

Parasyte is freaking amazing so far, loving the hell out of that show.

Also, 10/10 avatar @standardtoaster
I enjoy it too. The opening is EDGY AS **** tho. Esp the last 3 seconds.

ANd you just reminded me to start watching NO GAMU NO RAIFU again.

remember when apparently people thought i was white

idk what the hell made yall think i was white
for a while i was seriously wondering if you were a girl

but now i just know you're latino

which is close enough really

I've always known that you were a Mexi-kun. :3

Smooth Criminal
(´・ω・`)

Meh, I couldn't get into Parasyte when I first saw it. It kinda bored me, so I dropped it.

That and Unlimited Blade Works is too busy grabbing my unlimited attention.
the pacing is slow, but it gets really interesting.

View attachment 31953
Seriously @Warchamp7 what the actual fuck. Why is there more ads on this damn page than forum. If this isn't some weird adware I have then I will be really disappointed in addition to being annoyed. On top of what's in the pic above, there was a banner ad 1/3 down the posts and an UNPAUSABLE UNMUTABLE video ad 2/3 the way down. Fucking Legos, Minecraft, Star Wars, and Smashboards? What next, you're gonna advertise buying Fanta and Cheetos to get great in-forum rewards like premium and skins? Jesus Fuck it's the next dewanddoritos. This is why I have adblock

Yep adblock got rid of it. Usually that doesn't work on adware. And what a surprise the red banner is back in all it's slow-loading glory.

i'm pretty sure that warchamp isnt picking those actual ads, and has more to do with the AD apis or whatever he's using.

tl;dr of my view on this stuff: Culture is fine.
"Race" being allowed to exist, let alone be part of it, is not.Because they are allowed to be....See what unchecked freedom of choice results in?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
fair enough

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Tried sonic on smash 4
He is the only character I can like cause fast and cancels
Not amazing at killing tho

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So ****in' stoked. Can't wait to see the release field + everything else the game will have.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I don't use adblock (despite falsely being accused from time to time) but I never get page-wide ads or anything. At most I get a skippable and muted video ad on mobile sometimes.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
finished FMA:B , started samurai champloo.
damn, Ive watched more shows and episodes the past three weeks than I did in a year, I shouldn't be so lazy

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Finished Dawn of Sorrow and it's Julius mode so I moved on to Contra 4 and wow.
It certainly lives up to the challenge standards set by the first 4 console games.
Been years and years since I played Contra or Super C so I guess it's a good time to brush up my skills and try to beat these games without cheating(that means no Konami code).

Last edited:
Top Bottom