• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I wasn't lieing bruhs
It just took me 3 weeks to actually do it
You missed my selfie too BibleThump
unkawaiiest
This word is an abomination of language
Black people post combo! 4 post chain so far!

also, tbh kaye, you the least ***** in this black poster chain so far. you that black dude on behalf of ****** everywhere.

On an unrelated note

Does anyone else enjoy gamification of education/studying? One of the motivating aspects of Human Japanese for me is retaking tests so that I can grind for XP lmfao

maybe I just like grinding too much
Lmao a teaching game where you can grind for xp that's amazing I love it

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
****in neko
Add me on skype
And
I might try that program out
Might

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
30 hours hype.

And I'm finally done messing with & downloading music.

I'd crash, but I'm not even tired anymore.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
how do you recover from embarrassment? I can't remember the last time I felt this way until today happened and now I feel like dying

SunJester

Smash Ace
I'm not 100% sure why people want a FF7 remake so bad. Its not like FF7 is a bad game to go back and play. Sure its graphics are dated, but its still fun as hell.

I'd rather Squeenix goes back and makes a game in the style of like FF4, 5, 6, 7, and 9. It's been over a decade since 9 and I'm sure most people would enjoy another older style Final Fantasy game in glorious 1080p and current gen graphics. (I mean people liked Bravely Default, and that's basically FF)

And for christ sakes, throw all the money you can at Nobuo Uematsu to get him to come back and score the game.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Because visually the game has not aged well at all. With so many memorable moments in that game that could be enhanced with new tech, not to mention the amount of money they'd rake in with it, it's stupid for them not to remake it. The Popeye-esque forearms and the lack of facial features other than eyes on the characters just stick out today.

how do you recover from embarrassment? I can't remember the last time I felt this way until today happened and now I feel like dying
...Did it involve nudity?

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think it's mostly for graphics reasons. The pre-rendered backgrounds are probably the best thing about PS1 FF games and that would get lost in transition, but man the character models are just atrocious. I can't think of much else beyond maybe making the character diversity much stronger (in terms of battle capabilities); 7 is pretty plain compared to its predecessors. I'd mostly be worried about the story since the Cloud/Seph ****ing would probably go through the roof even though it's the stupidest part of the game (GENOVA was far more interesting).

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I'd rather they take ivalice with all that rich lore and tie it to an actually decent story and interesting characters than a 7 remake.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I tried playing 7 and just couldn't because the graphics were so horrible. I've never even really cared about graphics, but when I can't even tell where the doors are in the wall something is wrong. I personally won't ever play the game unless it's remade. Other older game(chrono trigger) look sooooo much better.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
FF7 is alright. It's not the RPG Jesus that it seems to have been made into, it's not the best RPG on the PS1 or the best Final Fantasy on the PS1 (FF9 wins that one hands down).

None of the characters in 7 are really special in battle and the only big difference between them is what their limit break does. A few characters are better designed for certain tasks based upon their base stats, but not to the point that it makes a big difference. I'm still of the belief that Square-Enix completely ruined Cloud as a character by putting him right back into angst mode when the game was over. He'd become a somewhat likeable person and they just ruined all that with their cash grab Advent Crap film.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'd rather they take ivalice with all that rich lore and tie it to an actually decent story and interesting characters than a 7 remake.
Final Fantasy 12 was almost this... but then Executive Meddling and significant staff changes took their toll on the game.
It's flawed, but I like the game a lot. The lack of random encounters was quite the breath of fresh air after dealing with FFX2 and DQ8's high encounter rates in tandem with multiroom/long range puzzles(The latter had mooks that were generally more dangerous than the usual RPG ).

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Final Fantasy 12 was almost this... but then Executive Meddling and significant staff changes took their toll on the game.
It's flawed, but I like the game a lot. The lack of random encounters was quite the breath of fresh air after dealing with FFX2 and DQ8's high encounter rates in tandem with multiroom/long range puzzles(The latter had mooks that were generally more dangerous than the usual RPG ).
I'm in a love hate relationship with XII. I love the visuals and places so much, but they messed up the story so damn much. Character-wise it'd be sooooo much better without Vaan and Penelo, but they just had to make them the "avatar" characters.

I feel like we've talked about 12 before, lmao.

But yeah, I'd be much more interested in a 12 reboot than a 7 remake. 7 is godlike as is.

Vashimus

Smash Master
It's not so much about the 7 remake not being made. It's the fact they've danced around the subject of a remake for years, and then make this big presentation getting everybody's hopes up, only to drop a massive troll. If people wanted to play the original FF7, they could buy the PS1 version, download the one in the PSN Store, or get the PC version on Steam. There's literally no reason for it to be on PS4 UNLESS it was a remake, but instead they got everyone's hopes up for nothing. I'd be laughing if it wasn't so cruel.

It's like if Nintendo just released the original N64 Majora's Mask on the Wii U, despite the fact it's already on Virtual Console and people were clamoring for MM3D. Like...why?

It's hard, man. :( I'm sure I'll get over it but damn I was not expecting to have to share this information with anyone other than myself.
I guess the best thing to do is take it in stride. If you just dwell on it, people will keep ridiculing you about it. But if you just shrug it off and move on, people stop caring as well.

If it did involve nudity, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe crack a joke about it? "Psh, you know you liked what you saw."

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I don't get embarrassed anymore due to having strong apathy that I can turn on and off.
As others said, stop caring lol
Shovel Knight won best indie game, that's all that matters.
...The earth hath been struck.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
12 had so much potential. The world map, unparalleled exploration, no random encounters, side-content, lore etc. are all amazing. And then it just ruins that by having a bland cast and a terrible plot. I still enjoy playing IZJS a lot, but it really disappoints me when I think about what it could have been.

Also the FF7 "reveal" was just hilarious, 10/10 Squenix are the best trolls.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
It's hard, man. :( I'm sure I'll get over it but damn I was not expecting to have to share this information with anyone other than myself.

n-no that's okay
i bet it wont be as bad as my first date with a grill

i ripped my pants

all the way from the crotch to the knee

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Um...What just...Hm.

I am now debating if should only play Smash 4 U on Heavy whenever I get it or not.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
A shame it would never be the standard method of play because it actually looks entertaining.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Also a shame because the design around the equipment has too many variables that are beyond the players' control.

I could've swore we danced this dance in 2008 with people wanting to try Heavy and/or Fast Brawl.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Accidentally clicked Close button on my Google Chrome, where it closes and doesn't save your tabs like Firefox, and my 50 tabs were about to be gone; until Youtube upload said "Do you really want to exit"?
Thanks youtube upload, does anyone know how to make Google chrome save your tabs or ask before closing?

Also, I kind of want to say while that video seems to make it look cool it's more so disgusting. There's no depth in Brawl or Smash Wii U on any of those settings. The Brawl landing detection is just pretty vile.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I have 800 pieces of equipment and I don't think I have a single smooth lander. ****'s hard to get yo.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Also a shame because the design around the equipment has too many variables that are beyond the players' control.

I could've swore we danced this dance in 2008 with people wanting to try Heavy and/or Fast Brawl.
Any dance with doing is worth doing twice, Eternal. ¦D

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Accidentally clicked Close button on my Google Chrome, where it closes and doesn't save your tabs like Firefox, and my 50 tabs were about to be gone; until Youtube upload said "Do you really want to exit"?
Thanks youtube upload, does anyone know how to make Google chrome save your tabs or ask before closing?

Also, I kind of want to say while that video seems to make it look cool it's more so disgusting. There's no depth in Brawl or Smash Wii U on any of those settings. The Brawl landing detection is just pretty vile.
Can chrome pin tabs like FF? That'd solve the problem.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I usually open a new window in Chrome then press Ctrl+Shift+T, which normally reopens the last new tab

Edit: It works, literally just tried it now

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I usually open a new window in Chrome then press Ctrl+Shift+T, which normally reopens the last new tab

Edit: It works, literally just tried it now
That only does one though right?

Chrome managed to add a "Continue from where you left off" in settings.

@Mew2King Do you still like Aphex Twin?

Last edited:
Top Bottom