• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Because I just want people to realize that Melee is a horrible game that feels clunky as all hell
It's certainly not as responsive as PM in a lot of respects, but it's by no means a bad game. It's like, the best official Smash game.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It's certainly not as responsive as PM in a lot of respects, but it's by no means a bad game. It's like, the best official Smash game.
Pretty much. Melee isnt perfect, but it's the reason why PM is PM lol.

It's a game we grew up with and latched on to, to some degree and played endlessly until PM came to us and showed us something we more so prefer.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
If melee had rar it would be perfect.
Sorta, there's a lot more implications with it though. One Kadano talks about is grabbing the edge becomes more centered around RAR WD (or RAR SH) than other options including character specifics ones (Reverse needle, Marth's Bair, Throwing a turnip the other direction, Spacie stuff) where grabbing it becomes more of a dedication. Also you now have RAR JC grabs, RAR Up-smashes, beyond all the RAR aerials. We don't really notice the theoretically vast implications.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I already RAR WD to get to the ledge in PM. Is there an issue with that? Not having it as a universal option just kind of accentuates the turnaround options that the top tiers already have that give them more flexibility elsewhere, widening the gap of imbalance.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
If Melee had customizable controls, it'd be perfect. It was why for years I always grabbed with R+A, because the Z buttons on my old controllers were usually broken and I couldn't map grab to any other button. I ended up grabbing much slower than if I just had a dedicated button, and it took a while to kick the habit.

The inability to turn off tap jump is also a deal breaker for some people.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Sorta, there's a lot more implications with it though. One Kadano talks about is grabbing the edge becomes more centered around RAR WD (or RAR SH) than other options including character specifics ones (Reverse needle, Marth's Bair, Throwing a turnip the other direction, Spacie stuff) where grabbing it becomes more of a dedication. Also you now have RAR JC grabs, RAR Up-smashes, beyond all the RAR aerials. We don't really notice the theoretically vast implications.
I know, which is why I said that. All those options >>> some character specific ledge grab tech, imho.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
well i hope you like yourself. <3

it's actually hilarious how many people on smashboards never expect me to be black.
I knew you was black lol. I used to follow your streams of PM back in like late 2011 early 2012 when I was banned from smashboards and my old profile pic on here was a picture of me from like 08.

EDIT: My melee tech skill went south after I stopped practicing it when I started playing SCV, TTT2 seriously and when PM 3.0 brought me outta my 2 year old retirement.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
well i hope you like yourself. <3

it's actually hilarious how many people on smashboards never expect me to be black.
Peoples dont think im black ether
Even irl there be doubts b\c I got that light sknz
Then my age breh no one know it from just lookin at me

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This happens to me all of the time. Apparently, me being black is an incredibly huge surprise. XD

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Black people post combo! 4 post chain so far!

also, tbh kaye, you the least nigga in this black poster chain so far. you that black dude on behalf of niggas everywhere.

On an unrelated note

Does anyone else enjoy gamification of education/studying? One of the motivating aspects of Human Japanese for me is retaking tests so that I can grind for XP lmfao

maybe I just like grinding too much

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
also, tbh kaye, you the least ***** in this black poster chain so far. you that black dude on behalf of ****** everywhere.
"That black dude". Yeah, that sounds about right. ¦D

Probably comes from my natural ability to completely avoid and go against any and all stereotypes.

Except when it comes to fried chicken and grape...anything. Totally guilty of that. Not ashamed at all. ¦(

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Fun fact: the whole black people love fried chicken comes from the civil rights era where black people would fry large quantities of chicken because they were last long periods of time meaning they could be stored for long periods of time so they would have food for long periods of time.

idk about grape tho.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
"That black dude". Yeah, that sounds about right. ¦D

Probably comes from my natural ability to completely avoid and go against any and all stereotypes.

Except when it comes to fried chicken and grape...anything. Totally guilty of that. Not ashamed at all. ¦(
There's nothing wrong with loving fried chicken and grape drink. If you don't love those, there's something wrong with you.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Space Dandy is ****ing awesome

Only he could turn a sing off about the booty awesome

Zynux

Smash Lord
Delurking.

Peoples dont think im black ether
Even irl there be doubts b\c I got that light sknz
Then my age breh no one know it from just lookin at me
Since my immediate family is extremely light-skinned compared to the rest of my family, it generally depends on my hair style for people to tell. Since I have an afro now, most are aware, but:
  • If I have no facial hair at all and my head is shaved, most think I'm hispanic
  • If my head is shaved but I have facial hair, most think I'm of arabic origins
Generally doesn't matter to me though since race has always been relatively meaningless to me but I do find it partially amusing.

There's nothing wrong with loving fried chicken and grape drink. If you don't love those, there's something wrong with you.
Never been a fan of anything artificially grape flavored to be honest. Love grapes though.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
The traffic is so unbelievably bad where I'm at. There is a parade, a hockey game, a bomb threat, someone jumped off a brige, and its raining. It took me 2 hour to go four blocks on the bus.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Let's just say that I brought up a controversial topic and presented something they weren't aware of about the guilty party that partially incriminates them and they dismissed it as a story I made up based on that one fact despite all of the evidence to the contrary all over the internet.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ PootisKonga PootisKonga "Because I said so!"
?
@ GHNeko GHNeko

Regarding skin tone("race" is not applicable to our species, sorry eugenicists), it's kinda weird; people who've never met me are just about always shocked/disappointed that I'm a burly white guy IRL.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Let's just say that I brought up a controversial topic and presented something they weren't aware of about the guilty party that partially incriminates them and they dismissed it as a story I made up based on that one fact despite all of the evidence to the contrary all over the internet.
If you've ever read Goosebumps,you'll have seen that alot

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
also, tbh kaye, you the least ***** in this black poster chain so far. you that black dude on behalf of ****** everywhere.
May not be in that chain but I think I'll take that spot from Kaye.

#BlackPeopleRepresent

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
**** *****, you a ***** too?

this is seriously exceeding my expectations.
Black and Portuguese

So I'm a bright ass *****.

You really need to tell me why your *****'s is uncensored and everyone else's isn't.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yes, and it needs to be made non-existent as a concept.
People have fought and died over it, and have therefore fought and died over nothing for long enough.
Great.

So do you also feel that culture born from the social construct that is "race" is inherently toxic and would be better off being separated; For one can celebrate and embrace culture and its tradition without needing to be associated with "its race", correct?

And to extend from this, would you also feel that having the social construct that is "race" as a foundation for ANYTHING is enabling racism, prejudice, and bigotry and will inevitably lead to something toxic, and the negative impacts of the social construct that is "race" far greatly outweighs any and all positives that can be born from such a thing?

Last edited:
Top Bottom