• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That's why I don't think this new movie is going to work. It plays too much off nostalgic iconography with old characters, the Millennium Falcon, the Empire still being around for no reason now that the EU is gone etc.

I wanted to see something new in the Star Wars universe while still feeling like Star Wars (unlike the Star Trek movies which have nothing to do with the show but the names of the characters) but instead it looks like another money grab without a story to tell.
It wasn't even really a trailer, it was a TEASER. For what it was it did a fine job and I think you'd be crazy to judge the movie from a teaser-trailer. This star wars movies has a great director, a great writing team(the same writer who wrote The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi?!?! yes plz), great actors...I honestly have a ton of faith that it will be really good. Disney knows what they are doing, the marvel movies are a pretty good indication of that.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
There are a LOT more viable stages in Wii U version. At least 9 IMO.

Smash 4 is pretty okay. Prob gonna play it til it gets old. Not too optimistic about its long-term replayability but it's certainly new.
Yeah, I'm planning on picking up the Wii U version. The 3DS version is a good on the go game, but you guy's talking about the Stagelist and the upcoming mewtwo deal has 60 bucks floating ethereally out of my wallet at this point. :/

PS: Have any good deals on it remained since black friday?

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
It wasn't even really a trailer, it was a TEASER. For what it was it did a fine job and I think you'd be crazy to judge the movie from a teaser-trailer. This star wars movies has a great director, a great writing team(the same writer who wrote The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi?!?! yes plz), great actors...I honestly have a ton of faith that it will be really good. Disney knows what they are doing, the marvel movies are a pretty good indication of that.
Yeah there's no way this movie's going to be "bad". The joint talent behind it is trustworthy.

I can get behind Ckid's concern the story premise may be boring and pointless. But if it's any consolation, the gist of episode 7 being the formidable remnants of the Empire vs the newly reformed Republic army has been written out for decades. Same with Solo and Skywalker's kids having force powers and stuff.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
hold up its..
3797 7379 6106

fair warning if it's real laggy and I lose I'ma quit out in a huff. But if it's fair n square i'm a glutton for punishment.

where u at

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
You're going to have to give me a bit to update sm4sh because updating stuff on the 3DS is really dumb.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
It's all like your battery's too low
Please I'm already plugged in give me the update already

EDIT: And the game won't even direct you to the update, you have to look it up on the eshop which is terrible.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
3DS eShop is one of the most questionably stupid shop layouts I've ever seen by a major company. It's mind-numbingly bad.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
omg ok shairm needa a break you win the whoel set jesus

my thumb hurts. great games dawg you're for sure better than me I can tell my couple early wins were flukey. let's fight again soon.

one thing that irks me about sm4sh compared to back with melee was melee i could spar for hours with a dude but on my 3ds i have to lie down after like 4 or 5 tryhard matches

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
... Now that i think about it maybe i should stop teching in place or away and into opponent's dash attacks. I hate being predictable but these people just attack me as though teching is bad and i should feel bad

Lizalfos

Smash Master
ez, you told -0 that his Fox is better than most Foxes in SC, including Atlus's??
Please confirm/deny so I can take appropriate amounts of pleasure in gaying him with different characters.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
i'm just sayin your teching and combos were prettier than my ****. But i guess that's how sheik works. I needa talk to kailex he beat me up with ganon in ways I can only tell my psych.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Yeah Sheik is going to ftilt you for days, then fair you once or twice and ftilt you again, but I have trouble closing out stocks. I can't land fthrow down B to save my life, though I was having some success with dthrow uair near the end. You were coming down with wizard's foot and dair too much. Also you should only use grounded Wizard's foot to tech chase/punish missed techs.

Top Bottom