• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
So M2K made a facebook status about winning 40$ by winning sm4sh and PM

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That's a lot of (/)(/)12s

Nice camera
$50

Pick one
Really? The one I got as a gift four years ago I thought was cheap, enough to place it on chairs at tournament to record matches

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That reminds me, I have yet to find myself a tag using Japanese characters

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Had the worst fever yesterday, glad its all over, aftereffects is that im sweaty all the time.
I still have a slight headache.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
オリジナル
Perfect for PM, but what'd I use for Melee's use though if the character limit is 4? What happens if I take the ル off?

Also I'm angry $50 decent optical zoom Camcorders don't exist.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Perfect for PM, but what'd I use for Melee's use though if the character limit is 4? What happens if I take the ル off?

Also I'm angry $50 decent optical zoom Camcorders don't exist.
You get orijina
I wish you could input kanji in names, you could be so much more creative.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Really? The one I got as a gift four years ago I thought was cheap, enough to place it on chairs at tournament to record matches
I wouldn't spend under $200 for a camera. Even then you're not getting anything that great cause compact cameras are inherently lacklustre.

Buy a DSLR you casual

MLGF

Smash Lord
Finally played Sm4sh on the Wii U, it's much better then on the 3DS and I was kinda surprised. I guess that means the 3DS controller is even worse then I thought it was.

Still, only character I had a lot of fun with was Shulk, so eh.

But I admit, I was really feeling it with him.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
As someone who's been playing PM exclusively for the past year and a half (with a side of Melee falco), moving around in Smash 4 felt really uncomfortable. Everything felt really odd and **** (part of it might have to do with playing with Wii U pro since no adapter, courtesy of Nintendo's excellent marketing strats). But after playing the game for probs over 50 hours, I'm starting to get the hang of it. Tbh this game requires insane amounts of precision, and I hope you know how to do 1 frame flicks. Flicks everywhere, from c-stick usage to perfect pivot stuff and all.

I haven't played other fighters much and watched a bunch of em, but I'd wager that Smash 4 is a closer game to a traditional fighter than any of the previous titles.

Also Shulk Buster art is OP. Makes everything safe on shield lmaooooo. And the low knockback guarantees combos.

...ugh, I mean, 10 more years

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Smash 4 would be a pretty good game if only there were about 10 frames more lag on rolls and airdodges, and hitstun were in general increased by some significant multiplier.

ATM it's almost a good game. So, so close; but still so far.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I just wish you couldn't AD during tumble. Lots of slightly untrue combos become very untrue when you can get invinc frame 2 out of hitstun.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I also wish Toon Link was viable. Like the game itself, he's pretty close, but everything he does, a top tier does 9x better. =[

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Smash 4 overall is just really inconsistent. For a game Sakurai claims as a halfway between Melee and Brawl, it really didn't shave off enough of Brawl's nonsense. I'm okay if we were never going to get wavedashing back, heck even dash dancing. But where's my crouch out of run or dash jump momentum? Why is the C-Stick still buggy as all hell (if not even worse than Brawl)?

Also, why in the world can you airdodge out of stun if you bounce? Like, I thought the general purpose of the change was to make ricocheting an important focus instead of tech chases but this single-handedly ruins it.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i played smash 4 with a gc controller, and im prolly the only one to say it, but the game felt completely wrong on a gamecube controller, i cant even explain why

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Because the button layout resembles the 3ds control scheme, but with a better control stick

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Feels fine with both to me.

Too bad C-stick, regardless of wii U pro or Gamecube controller sucks because of however Sakurai and his wizards decided to code it.

If they patch that (Is that even possible?) , I think I'd be okay with either controller.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I could care less about the ground movement in sm4sh because I only play puff. Its fine by me, I just float around anyway.
The only things I really really hate are the Rolls, Air dodges, Auto Footstools and the ledge mechanics.

I'll probably keep playing at and entering events if I have the cash because its decently fun sometimes, Jigglypuff does look amazing albeit derpy, and I really do want to time someone out at least once, its the best game to do so lol. I dont have the patience to try to camp someone out in PM/Melee just because my mindset in those games are totally different.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Not having many movement options sucks, the only thing that I can do is edge canceling a wiz kick; rip brawl ganon space jump

Bleck

Smash Master
-sakurai removes wavedashing from brawl-

fans: nerrrr not enough movement

-sakurai makes rolls a good movement option-

fans: nerrr rolls are overpowered

smash fans are literally the dumbest

in other news this movie looks probably bad but I heard this song playing during the credits at work and it's way better than it was any right being

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I could care less about the ground movement in sm4sh because I only play puff. Its fine by me, I just float around anyway.
The only things I really really hate are the Rolls, Air dodges, Auto Footstools and the ledge mechanics.

I'll probably keep playing at and entering events if I have the cash because its decently fun sometimes, Jigglypuff does look amazing albeit derpy, and I really do want to time someone out at least once, its the best game to do so lol. I dont have the patience to try to camp someone out in PM/Melee just because my mindset in those games are totally different.
I'm not playing Smash 4 with you.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
-sakurai removes wavedashing from brawl-

fans: nerrrr not enough movement

-sakurai makes rolls a good movement option-

fans: nerrr rolls are overpowered

smash fans are literally the dumbest

in other news this movie looks probably bad but I heard this song playing during the credits at work and it's way better than it was any right being
rolling is a significantly more shallow movement option that also has invincibility.

Bleck

Smash Master
rolling is a significantly more shallow movement option that also has invincibility.
"shallow" is a critical way of phrasing "you have to commit to it"

you people want more movement options because they let you make more mistakes; having less movement options means you actually have to use your brain to determine where the best place to be is at the right time instead of just reacting to everything constantly

BRSTM when
I'll tag you when I've gotten around to it

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't think you know what the term "shallow" means. It lacks depth; it is binary. You can roll forward, or roll backwards. Wavedashing is much more deep, you can do imperfect wavedashes on purpose, you can do slight wavedashes (tilting closer to down than horizontally), you can do an empty shorthop into a waveland, etc. etc.. They're also influenced by character physics (friction & walk speed) so characters have varying degrees of usefulness for their WDs. Rolls are significantly more "homogenized" by virtue.
This is all ignoring what platform wavelanding gives you. Dunno where you get off throwing around this "actually have to use your brain" nonsense, I thought we learned that that's stupid a long time ago.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
No, you know what's stupid?
Being a broken record about this stuff when it's all been said.
Countless times.

Please be quiet already and actually DO IT instead of just talking big about it all.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I don't think you know what the term "shallow" means something something dumb explanation
yeah see all of those things you just talked about don't counter what I said

being able to do a larger number of things isn't indicative of depth (see; divekick) and I would talk more about it but I just noticed you have a pony avatar so I'm contractually obligated to stop giving a damn about what you think sorryyyy

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
...And you could've done that without the above post.
inb4 it was for emphasis/you don't care

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
For someone who admits to having limited knowledge of tech's, general mechanics, and most of the scene in general you sure manage to fit a lot of condescension in your posts there Bleck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom