• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I would talk more about it but I just noticed you have a pony avatar so I'm contractually obligated to stop giving a damn about what you think sorryyyy
You're sounding worse than the guy who said a Bowser player had no say in criticizing how spacies work. I honestly don't understand the animosity some people have against those fictional ponies. I can understand not liking them, but ignoring someone's opinion on an entirely different matter based solely on whether or not the other person likes a certain show feels like first-grader logic to me

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
ez, you told -0 that his Fox is better than most Foxes in SC, including Atlus's??
Please confirm/deny so I can take appropriate amounts of pleasure in gaying him with different characters.
I said he is better than most foxes in SC. I can't say he is better than atlas's, but, it was better than bear's( was around rank 5 when he played) and he could be better then fenir(old rank 2-3) so yea, his fox is pretty legit. Why don't yall, come train at my house( and manny's house) I plan on doing some traveling and **** for 2015( going to most SC stuff, some NC and some GA). I only have been going to extinction tournaments, so I couldn't be on PR, but IMMA change that. Should be able to snag rank 5, might be able to get higher with this new patch.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Looks at AZ PR for 3.02:
1. AZHP K9sbruce
2. Silly Kyle
3. SS
4. HF Neon
5. AZPM Heysuess
6. Burnsy
7. Forward
8. Ic3
9. Tai
10. RaveRemix
Think to myself, maybe I have a chance to sneak into 10th, with Rave maybe quitting pm, Burnsy retiring until a final build, Forward focusing more on sm4sh/melee instead of PM/melee, and K9 living in socal for so many months now. Then I realize that this PR doesn't have Axe, Tagless Kyle or Medz on it who have been more active in PM so far 3.5 than the rest of the PR combined, and are ****ing great players. RIP hopes and dreams
#soon, I just gotta git gud and bolieve.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Looks at AZ PR for 3.02:
1. AZHP K9sbruce
2. Silly Kyle
3. SS
4. HF Neon
5. AZPM Heysuess
6. Burnsy
7. Forward
8. Ic3
9. Tai
10. RaveRemix
Think to myself, maybe I have a chance to sneak into 10th, with Rave maybe quitting pm, Burnsy retiring until a final build, Forward focusing more on sm4sh/melee instead of PM/melee, and K9 living in socal for so many months now. Then I realize that this PR doesn't have Axe, Tagless Kyle or Medz on it who have been more active in PM so far 3.5 than the rest of the PR combined, and are ****ing great players. RIP hopes and dreams
#soon, I just gotta git gud and bolieve.
At least your scene is lively and you have fests and stuff near ya.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
At least your scene is lively and you fests and stuff near ya.
Eh
7 man round robin for our biweekly isn't exactly lively. No one comes to weeklies/biweeklies unless they are free to enter. It's stupid how the biweekly gets less than 10 people for sm4sh/PM and me and Tai are the only two there who wanted melee, but whenever me and Byrd host something big we get 70+ man events easy. It's frustrating that our scene is so big but they all don't like to comit to anything.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Lmao I.didnt even know you could ignore people on the site. That said, I wonder how many people have ignored me. Probably a few at this point.

Bleck sometimes I don't understand your mindset fully I think. Are you technically proficient with PM/Melee movement ATs? Do you understand their uses? Why do you think having one good movement option (rolling) is a good thing in light of this information, or assuming you don't know about them, would you be open to reconsidering your opinion upon learning about movement ATs?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Tfw I roll more in PM than I do in Smash 4
Might have to do with forgetting about the shield buttons on wii u pro.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Smash 4 is bugging me a bit lol it can be jank at times.

I have some big ass tourney on Saturday/Sunday and like I don't wanna go but already paid lol. I guess I can see M2K whoop Canada's finest. Or maybe I'm just needing a break from the game or I need to train more lalalala

I miss you PM :(

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yeah M2K isn't feeling online but that's where all the MU grind is gonna be.

EDIT: Can't believe I haven't seen this already.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
You're sounding worse than the guy who said a Bowser player had no say in criticizing how spacies work.
link pls

reminds me of when a WA player said i had no say in whether zelda was broken or not because he had no idea who i was l0l
(this was back in like 2.1 days tho)

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Yeah M2K isn't feeling online but that's where all the MU grind is gonna be.
Yeah, I was there at the venue where he was playing that online tournament (he was there for a PM tourney too), and well before he lost he was talking about how much he hates playing online and why he never does it.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It's almost like overpowering basic defensive options slows down the gameplay significantly, while having advanced movement speeds it up and balances the game toward offense.

No, it can't be, Smash players just don't understand the auteur that is Sakurai.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
It's almost like overpowering basic defensive options slows down the gameplay significantly, while having advanced movement speeds it up and balances the game toward offense.

No, it can't be, Smash players just don't understand the auteur that is Sakurai.
Not gonna lie, the more I read of Sakurai's interviews, the more i'm convinced the man has no idea what he's doing.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

You know what, **** it, I'm gonna say what I'm thinking:

"It's almost like you never played other fighting games before, Comeback Kid!"

And SB, I'm surprised at your stance. Sure, Smash is Smash, but as someone who also plays Street Fighter (one of the most binary/linear fighters that isn't Divekick) I thought you'd be of the opinion that more **** did not necessarily equate to more depth.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Smash isn't a fighting game at all, it's a platform party game for children duh.

Talking in Bleck speak doesn't help one's argument in the least. If one has an intelligent point to make about why a mechanic is good the way it is, make it. If your point is Street Fighter isn't very fast, it also doesn't have invincible rolls with the flick of a stick and isn't a very wide platform jumping game either.

Smash 4 players are a sensitive lot.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Dreamhack Winter 2014 GF.
I might be somewhere with bad internet, but even barring that i gave up watching after that first set. As someone who doesn't play and therefore is ignorant of the meta, it just looked like the most boring SF match I've ever seen. Is that how matches are normally played?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm not being sensitive, and I'm not Bleck. It's just that "depth" is being unnecessarily connotated to be something...idk, more than what it is. And you've admitted yourself that you don't play other fighting games, sooo...

I think it's more important that preexisting traits in a game synergize well with one another, I guess. Street Fighter does a good job of this, even with its limited movement options and RPS-style of play.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Some people still haven't banned Bleck?
I guess I must have been way ahead in the meta then :p

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I might be somewhere with bad internet, but even barring that i gave up watching after that first set. As someone who doesn't play and therefore is ignorant of the meta, it just looked like the most boring SF match I've ever seen. Is that how matches are normally played?
No bbygirl it's not all like that
Some people still haven't banned Bleck?
I guess I must have been way ahead in the meta then :p
i did it before it was cool

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Looking for a new phone. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Price AINT an issue.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
No not all matches are played like that and I don't play SF either but it's the biggest FG in the world and I watch alot of it and watching a big FG tourney without watching SF is hard.

EDIT: I only have a Galaxy S3 :(

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
My phone's **** because I have metropcs

Also a lot of people don't like bleck for some reason

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Falcon may be hype but his design is very questionable. Dashdance nair singlehandedly carries him through neutral lmao and keeps him viable. Not saying other chars have better design, just sayan.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Falcon may be hype but his design is very questionable. Dashdance nair singlehandedly carries him through neutral lmao and keeps him viable. Not saying other chars have better design, just sayan.
falcon is poop but tell that to reddit lmao
How's the new galaxy 5?
I've heard good things about it from friends, I have a galaxy three and I love it

also I think that apple is a cult and the antichrist so just take that into consideration

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Looking for a new phone. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Price AINT an issue.
I'm okay with having a **** phone.

Not like anyone calls or texts me anyway ;_;

----------

I don't have the know how to accurately describe it, but when I play smash 4 it feels like dash dancing would go perfectly with it.

When I can actually manage to pull off the Psuedo dash dance in smash 4, it seems to just mesh so well with the gameplay that it feels like it's supposed to be there.

The only difference is that this psuedo dash dance is even less intuitive than the old one and ends up being slightly less effective.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Get dat iphone 6
I'm sure it's **** got that poop iphone 4G(?) I forgot if the s or g came first. I have the second, regardless, both on 3G. This phone kinda ruined me, can not trust Apple phones.

Anything special about the new galaxy tho?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm sure it's **** got that poop iphone 4G(?) I forgot if the s or g came first. I have the second, regardless, both on 3G. This phone kinda ruined me, can not trust Apple phones.

Anything special about the new galaxy tho?
I can't understand wtf that first part even was. Do you even English?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
The 4 was trash, 4s was great

Edit: The only thing wrong with the 4-5 series was that they made them rectangluar and not have the rounded back, 6 went back to this

Last edited:
Top Bottom