• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
You failed at it, only to get it once?, then an hour after the stream to tell me you were using the C-stick lol (for the first aerial? I use X to A for the first to get it frame perfect, then C-stick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLklmmYyNk#t=45). You have to stream again and redeem yourself, and doing it three times in a row is gonna be fun lol.

Then, once you somehow get it three times in a row which you won't, you can try doing the Ike one. When ya ready?
double aerials get slept on so hard, double aerial shield pressure is so ****ing good

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
He's asking if a person like cookies and puts their profile picture to be a cookie but cookies are popular on the internet are they still considered herps?
There was a reason I didn't answer that statement.

Bleck's perfect for a bait and punish.

he throws out a post that seems relatively safe to punish, but just like lucario, it cancels on hit and allows him to not only break your shield, but cause mad disrespect at the same time.

I'm always wary of that match-up. gotta respect those tools at his disposal.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I just sold my copy of double dash to cover venue and entry fees
I don't know if this was a good idea.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
the question here is basically "what if somebody likes something completely irrespective of what other people think of it, because they've somehow spent their entire lives socializing with people but have managed to psychologically avoid being influenced in any capacity by any of their infinite social experiences up to this point, instead relying on completely randomized and apparently unmeasurable biological means through which to determine whether or not stimuli is 'good' or 'bad' (good or bad being concepts that can't actually exist outside of a social sense)"

to which, I again, respond that I don't understand the question

because it's a stupid question
That's not the question, from what I can understand. What I got from the intent (though I haven't a clue how to put it in question form) was you're allowed to like something popular, and therefore have an avatar depicting such, without being a part of the "sheeple". Why is that so hard to understand?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
For shame, but yeah I remember you gettin the MW. You need to redeem yourself sometime soon though, or donate me $5.
You should make a video showing off drifting and weaving lasers, those are hard :p. IDK about now but at Melee FC diamond I showed M2k/SW/DSW them and none of them could do weaving lasers and they could barely get any movement out of drifting lasers.

Watch this for reference from where I linked until 2:45:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huGnwHgKWYo&t=2m28s

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I feel compelled to make crappy camcorder lets plays now. Will probably
There was a reason I didn't answer that statement.

Bleck's perfect for a bait and punish.

he throws out a post that seems relatively safe to punish, but just like lucario, it cancels on hit and allows him to not only break your shield, but cause mad disrespect at the same time.

I'm always wary of that match-up. gotta respect those tools at his disposal.
Do what I did:
Start losing argument->disappear->point out the flaw in his basic argument weeks later->recive apathy

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
bleck just seems like an ass hole allaround. does he have any redeeming qualities?

I mean if he's packin a fat hog then let him troll at his will, I say.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Do what I did:
Start losing argument->disappear->point out the flaw in his basic argument weeks later->recive apathy
Literally worse than soft serve's time out goal with jigglypuff.

bleck just seems like an *** hole allaround. does he have any redeeming qualities?
He's honest.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
'Tis the bass ackwards reality of mankind. Sometimes I feel like I see it all so much more clearly than others due to having a mental state somewhat different from the norm

Bleck

Smash Master
What I got from the intent (though I haven't a clue how to put it in question form) was you're allowed to like something popular, and therefore have an avatar depicting such, without being a part of the "sheeple". Why is that so hard to understand?
it's not that it's popular is the problem - again, so we're clear, there's nothing wrong with liking popular things

the divide here is that there's a difference between liking a thing and making the fact that you like a thing part of your identity, and accepting that an unavoidable reaction to the latter is people interpreting your thoughts and opinions and actions through a lens shaped particularly by their impression of your identity

for example, if you choose to identify as a furry (and there's nothing wrong with that!), you have to come to terms with the fact that a lot of people are going to assume you're a socially stunted person who wants to have sex with animals (because that generally seems to be the case!)

more to the point, there's a huge movement of people called bronies, as I'm sure you all know, who've become somewhat infamous for generally being incredibly ignorant in most social capacities, and trying desperately to make their love of the cartoon the central tenet of their identity because of what they believe that communicates to other people in a social capacity

i.e what they think being a person who likes ponies says about them is more important to them than actually liking ponies

why this is relevant to Strong Bad's opinion about a thing in Smash is that it immediately colors him, to me, as a person who's more concerned with coming across as a person who believes a certain thing than he is with actually putting what he believes on the line

i.e that he thinks "more options means more depth" is more important to him than whether or not that's actually a meaningful or valid way of thinking about it, and since determining whether or not that's true would seemingly not be very high on his list of reasons for engaging in the discussion about it in the first place, his opinions about it are as such irrelevant, as they're more a tool through which he attempts to solidify his identity than they are a means for me or him or anyone else to learn or grow or change in any meaningful capacity via social interaction

so basically what I'm saying here is that Melee is bad

Do what I did:
in my defense choosing to not really respond was the kinder alternative to pointing out that it took you a week to figure out something that was still wrong

I mean if he's packin a fat hog then let him troll at his will, I say.
okay yeah I admittedly have no idea what you mean by fat hog

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
so basically what I'm saying here is that Melee is bad
HEREHERE!

But honestly i'm interested in your overall point bleck: you're saying you're just annoyed by ppl who want to flaunt a sort of umbrella identity and flaunt being a PART of a thing instead of just liking the thing for more sincere reasons?

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
people are going to assume you're a socially stunted person who wants to have sex with animals (because that generally seems to be the case!)
95% of the time they're just there for the hentai with pointy ears and tails, not the real animals.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
So having an avatar of something means you're making it a part of your identity to the degree of the stereotypical brony?

Edit: Sorry, I tend to be somewhat nitpicky about what I lack understanding or clarification in

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
Screw it i'll just throw it out there; Sonic adventure 2 battle was my s***. I remember going to my cousins house almost ever day to play it. vs racing and raising Chaos was maaad fun. I remember when i figured that you could give chaos the little animals and battery thingies we all lost our **** lol.

Bleck

Smash Master
But honestly i'm interested in your overall point bleck: you're saying you're just annoyed by ppl who want to flaunt a sort of umbrella identity and flaunt being a PART of a thing instead of just liking the thing for more sincere reasons?
I'm not always personally annoyed by it, I just try to read between the lines when it comes to what people think they are/want to be and what those things actually say about them

that being said, on a more specific note, I think it's kind of terrible that ****lords on the internet have decided to co-opt one of the very, very few examples of current cartoons that are oriented towards young girls in a positive way for their identity crisis nonsense, and then had the audacity to make a ****in' documentary about how hard it is to live in this hateful society

ughghgh

95% of the time they're just there for the hentai with pointy ears and tails, not the real animals.
even so

So having an avatar of something means you're making it a part of your identity to the degree of the stereotypical brony?
not necessarily, but what's most important to take away from what I said is that it's totally reasonable for people to assume that that's what you're doing

adopting something as part of your identity means accepting all of what comes with it - if that bothers you (and I mean you in the general sense, here), then perhaps you should consider being more mindful of how you choose to identify to people

Screw it i'll just throw it out there; Sonic adventure 2 battle was my s***. I remember going to my cousins house almost ever day to play it. vs racing and raising Chaos was maaad fun. I remember when i figured that you could give chaos the little animals and battery thingies we all lost our **** lol.
as a person who thinks literally every Sonic game is bad, I'm not afraid to admit that I clocked an embarrasingly large amount of time raising chaos

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
is there seriously a legitimate documentary about brony oppression?

I feel out of the loop but a brony is a pony fan? Like of the my little pony toys?
I was about to be like WOT M8 ARE YOU SERIOUS and then I checked myself fore I wrecked myself and am like, what IS a brony even? Is it real? Is this **** real? I don't think it is for real. I say this cuz I love mlp, love the characters, can't wait for s5 and still like, what the **** is thing thing I may or may not be a part of?

What's that nice meme with the stick figure who almost objects with his index finger then retracts it in self doubt?

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I feel out of the loop but a brony is a pony fan? Like of the my little pony toys?
Yes, but I think even that's understating it a little.

(I've never watched the show itself and therefor have nothing against the cartoon, but from my experiences with the fandom lol, been staying away from it since.)

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
See, this is why I liked math to a degree: IIRC, in proofs back in early high school assumptions were always used to lead into contradictions. I don't understand the point of making assumptions and attempting to actually believe them when they're likely wrong to some degree

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Yes, but I think even that's understating it a little.

(I've never watched the show itself and therefor have nothing against the cartoon, but from my experiences with the fandom lol, been staying away from it since.)
seriously what fandom?? what have you experienced?? where are these people??

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
So i'm gonna go do something else. @ Warsaint777 Warsaint777

I don't like wasting time (no offense).
dude its alright, wtf have you just been waiting for me all this time? **** im sorry :s

I google "what is a brony" and find http://whatisabrony.com/

K I guess that works lol
oh my jebuz you guys that first descriptive paragraph is totally me. Like, serioulsy. If that's all being a brony is, is an admiittant adult fan, then like, wtf. There's gotta be more to it then that based on the hateful stigmas.

dude I wanna read this thing on "are bronies changing the definition of masculinity". Fascinating. My work's got it blocked right now.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
sorry saito i'm usually at home ready to play this hour but tonight i'm doin a late one jugglin working and jerkin off on the boards here

The PBS Idea Channel is so good! Definitely get to it when you're able to
wait wait what? what are you talking about?

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
If people's interests or behaviors bother you to the point where you're writing the next War and Peace on the Internet about it, then you haven't learned to accept the world for what it is, and that is naïve. Understand that you can only influence things you have direct control over, which usually is only yourself. Other people, however, are gonna do whatever they wanna do, so if you want to keep your sanity, it's best to come to terms with that already.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Y'all nerds are dumb. Also on avatars pictures I pick from what I'm digging ATM which I'm gonna use my favorite Maverick fron each MMX game in order after I beat then.

TTY cats after I get off work.

Top Bottom