• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
wait wait what? what are you talking about?
The masculinity video you mentioned is on that channel. It's like creative and understandable meta-analysis of popular media/internet phenomena. I enjoy it for the parallelisms it finds (if they're not true they're at least entertaining).

They come up with some wacky **** though.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
bronies are a cult of people who share the characteristic of having below par social skills and relish in the thought of being accepted by a group of similar people who can look past that crucial aspect of a person which typically determines whether or not they are worth befriending. they appreciate friendship for the sake of friendship alone, which is what the show is basically about

that's my analysis

also, something as simple as a profile picture doesn't necessarily convey any sort of message as to who that person may be, what they like, how they want to be seen by others, etc. and to assume otherwise is presumptive. HOWEVER, i believe bleck is spot on in this particular instance

Lizalfos

Smash Master
in my defense choosing to not really respond was the kinder alternative to pointing out that it took you a week to figure out something that was still wrong
Ahahaha...heh
Just as I wanted, you finally responded to my argument.

Your argument was flawed.

A game being good causes it to sell well. (There is a lot wrong with that on its own, but I'm accepting it because I just want to point out that you are wrong on a fundamental logic level.) You aren't allowed to use that relationship to say Brawl was better than the lesser selling Melee, since that statement only allows us to use quality to predict sales. If you tried to say Brawl was better because of its sales, you would actually be stateting that game sales cause game quality. That isn't only unreasonable, but it also shows that you never were using the statement "quality games generate more sales"

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Ahahaha...heh
Just as I wanted, you finally responded to my argument.

Your argument was flawed.

A game being good causes it to sell well. (There is a lot wrong with that on its own, but I'm accepting it because I just want to point out that you are wrong on a fundamental logic level.) You aren't allowed to use that relationship to say Brawl was better than the lesser selling Melee, since that statement only allows us to use quality to predict sales. If you tried to say Brawl was better because of its sales, you would actually be stateting that game sales cause game quality. That isn't only unreasonable, but it also shows that you never were using the statement "quality games generate more sales"
Ganon's Brawl Utilt in text form.

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I think the correct argument at all in that case is

"Quality games make production-rushed high selling, poor quality sequels." Which is true... usually.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
>the last 2 pages

All these assumptions make you lot seem like you're daft on a level or two, but especially the tryhard(s) who made it happen.

...How's THAT for reading into subtext that doesn't actually exist?
GOML, Bleck, you scrub. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
At least Bleck is an intelligent-
Uh.
Why, in America, do men have to sign up for the draft thing at 18 or be committing a crime while women don't
[citation needed]
Pretty sure that's crock, otherwise I'd have some pretty dark spots on my permanent record by now.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You should make a video showing off drifting and weaving lasers, those are hard :p. IDK about now but at Melee FC diamond I showed M2k/SW/DSW them and none of them could do weaving lasers and they could barely get any movement out of drifting lasers.

Watch this for reference from where I linked until 2:45:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huGnwHgKWYo&t=2m28s
You do this first
Then you go make hand tutorial of your things and upload it to PMDepot

I do have M2K doing SHDL,

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
You guys are missing the point. This isn't about having the best argument, it's about showing everyone that Bleck is incapable of formal logic and is just some whiny 15 year old on the internet like me.
De-effing-bateable. [citation needed]
Pretty sure that's crock, otherwise I'd have some pretty dark spots on my permanent record by now.
You did it when you got your driver's license.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
wtf are you people talking about

Also Spidermad you're a real ****ing mystery dude. You're like a walking frame data encyclopedia with the tech skill of gods.
Das cool, is all I'm sayan

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
And SB, I'm surprised at your stance. Sure, Smash is Smash, but as someone who also plays Street Fighter (one of the most binary/linear fighters that isn't Divekick) I thought you'd be of the opinion that more **** did not necessarily equate to more depth.

Smooth Criminal
Having "binary" options in competitive games is fine, but it's not Smash. I play Street Fighter for a different experience, so it's okay that it "lacks depth" (even though a lot of the interactions have as much or more depth than many similar ones in Smash). Its neutral is also a work of art.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
>"lacks depth"
>said about any fighting game ever, even as a joke
>mfw

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Let's start another argument.

SB I don't like how you wear that quote of overswarm's like a medal when his point was, if not objectively correct, then still thoroughly intellectually valid.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828

Let's not.
(arguing over Bawrl on a PM forum, top lel)

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
SF has depth just like Smash does. I'd argue that for the defender being comboed, Smash has more depth as opposed to the sit there and suck it til the combo drops.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Let's start another argument.

SB I don't like how you wear that quote of overswarm's like a medal when his point was, if not objectively correct, then still thoroughly intellectually valid.
What's wrong with my signature? Every high level Brawl player will tell you that MK was NOT the only problem with Brawl. If it was, then why would they play Smash 4? It changes so much about Brawl! Chaingrabs are gone, ledge invincibility mechanics are changed, you can no longer cancel hitstun. It even removes a staple character to competitive play, Ice Climbers! Not to mention Lucas and Wolf. Surely these would be considered unnecessary changes that ruin the game if one held that opinion.

If MK was truly and literally the only problem with Brawl, then Brawl with MK banned would be the premier event at every tournament and Smash 4 players would be laughed at for playing such an inferior game. But that's clearly not true, and my signature is but one example of Overswarm's sensational argumentation. He is one of a select few people in the Smash community who would write one fallacious wall of text after another on any given topic (MK, Stagelists, Tournament Seeding, etc.), stating things as fact instead of supporting his opinion with facts, a strategy that doesn't get people to join your side and just gets people already on your side riled up, accomplishing nothing. @ Hylian Hylian will back me up on that one.
It's a shame because I've met him in person and he's a perfectly reasonable and nice person offline. Just one of a few people who doesn't seem to translate to the online format well.

EDIT: I can't believe Bleck continued to support his nonsense about MLP-hate and how it was even related to the argument at the time (surprise! it wasn't!). Looks like I made the right choice.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
EDIT: I can't believe Bleck continued to support his nonsense about MLP-hate and how it was even related to the argument at the time (surprise! it wasn't!). Looks like I made the right choice.
You wouldn't get the MLP hate if you properly loved the CMC like you should.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
wtf are you people talking about

Also Spidermad you're a real ****ing mystery dude. You're like a walking frame data encyclopedia with the tech skill of gods.
Das cool, is all I'm sayan
That's why we have Bleck here who can see us as we are
it's not that it's popular is the problem - again, so we're clear, there's nothing wrong with liking popular things

the divide here is that there's a difference between liking a thing and making the fact that you like a thing part of your identity, and accepting that an unavoidable reaction to the latter is people interpreting your thoughts and opinions and actions through a lens shaped particularly by their impression of your identity

for example, if you choose to identify as a furry (and there's nothing wrong with that!), you have to come to terms with the fact that a lot of people are going to assume you're a socially stunted person who wants to have sex with animals (because that generally seems to be the case!)

more to the point, there's a huge movement of people called bronies, as I'm sure you all know, who've become somewhat infamous for generally being incredibly ignorant in most social capacities, and trying desperately to make their love of the cartoon the central tenet of their identity because of what they believe that communicates to other people in a social capacity

i.e what they think being a person who likes ponies says about them is more important to them than actually liking ponies

why this is relevant to Strong Bad's opinion about a thing in Smash is that it immediately colors him, to me, as a person who's more concerned with coming across as a person who believes a certain thing than he is with actually putting what he believes on the line

i.e that he thinks "more options means more depth" is more important to him than whether or not that's actually a meaningful or valid way of thinking about it, and since determining whether or not that's true would seemingly not be very high on his list of reasons for engaging in the discussion about it in the first place, his opinions about it are as such irrelevant, as they're more a tool through which he attempts to solidify his identity than they are a means for me or him or anyone else to learn or grow or change in any meaningful capacity via social interaction
Do me now

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I have to admit, I have no idea what you're talking about anymore

I don't remember this argument at all

Do me now
u a qt

I can't believe Bleck continued to support his nonsense about MLP-hate
I knew you couldn't stay away

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
in other news I just found out my ex-wife is engaged to the guy she cheated on me with so I'm gonna go hang myself now

have a good one guys

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
the question here is basically "what if somebody likes something completely irrespective of what other people think of it, because they've somehow spent their entire lives socializing with people but have managed to psychologically avoid being influenced in any capacity by any of their infinite social experiences up to this point, instead relying on completely randomized and apparently unmeasurable biological means through which to determine whether or not stimuli is 'good' or 'bad' (good or bad being concepts that can't actually exist outside of a social sense)"

to which, I again, respond that I don't understand the question

because it's a stupid question
Basically I can't win this argument because it's dumb and about social stereotypes and influence.

And edit before posting - And then we lost our profile fortune teller honest guy. Awkward.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
*Cyborg.
...Eventually. Dat mind uploading.
Smash in a nutshell. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Duh, but there's big differences between competing and making things personal, something most people flat-out can't or refuse to comprehend.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm about to stream me playing through Final Fantasy 10 for the first time! I have only ever played FF3 before and that was a long time ago so I'm really not familiar with the series at all, come laugh at me sucking :p. www.twitch.tv/Hylian88

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
More relevantly, It Gets Better™.
Pretty sure he was kidding, but you do NOT joke about this kind of thing. It's never funny.

Last edited:
Top Bottom