• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I played a water-mage/unarmed fighting Elf Monk in my friends homebrew table top RPG for like 2 campaigns. Homebrew is the best because breaking them are so easy. I tried to save as much bull**** as I could till I needed it. Theres one spell that basically caused the target to fall onto the ground(no saving rolls, its a level 1 spell so it basically auto casts), and by the game rules if they are prone you can just executed them with one major action. I saved it and pulled it out on THE campaign end boss because he was just a buff human caster. The GM forgot to give the boss the immune to instant kills feat so I just **** on him. It got erratta'd on the spot. My favorite breaking the game was with a control water spell. It gives you 10 gallons of water to just do with whatever like it was an extra limb, and you can attack with it like it was a fist, and I could use all my unarmed fighting feats with it. I used it a lot in the campain for just extra range, but I had to hit someone really far away, so I crunched some numbers and told the GM that 10 gallons of water can be shaped into a fist-sized tube 1000+ feet long, so I just started punching people off of their flying mounts. It got erratta'd the next play session though :s

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I played a water-mage/unarmed fighting Elf Monk in my friends homebrew table top RPG for like 2 campaigns. Homebrew is the best because breaking them are so easy. I tried to save as much bull**** as I could till I needed it. Theres one spell that basically caused the target to fall onto the ground(no saving rolls, its a level 1 spell so it basically auto casts), and by the game rules if they are prone you can just executed them with one major action. I saved it and pulled it out on THE campaign end boss because he was just a buff human caster. The GM forgot to give the boss the immune to instant kills feat so I just **** on him. It got erratta'd on the spot. My favorite breaking the game was with a control water spell. It gives you 10 gallons of water to just do with whatever like it was an extra limb, and you can attack with it like it was a fist, and I could use all my unarmed fighting feats with it. I used it a lot in the campain for just extra range, but I had to hit someone really far away, so I crunched some numbers and told the GM that 10 gallons of water can be shaped into a fist-sized tube 1000+ feet long, so I just started punching people off of their flying mounts. It got erratta'd the next play session though :s
O_O
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad Just watched the Odds Bowser video. I'm imagining the boost Koopa Klaw from a platform into a backthrow on an offstage opponent for a sexy stage spike.
Yeah, you could pry get some nice ones with the smashville plat

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Whether exercise isn't important to you is irrelevant. The point is the idea of sleep being for the weak is silly.

Neglecting sleep also makes your testosterone levels drop like rock so....
Sometimes you just like to take the fun out of random stuff out do you? :p

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
In our campaign I was a Hafling Rogue/Wizard/Loremaster. I had neon green hair and golden eyes and my name was Bishi Beau. I did this crazy min maxing multiclass deal and by the time we finished the campaign at like lvl 12 I had over 100 skill points. But anywho I put all my feats into buffing our weapons and conjuration of all things. So basically I'm this badass wizard bit I suck at fighting and the only useful spells I know are summon monster. I spent the entire campaign summoning monsters and making them grapple the opponent so everyone else could just beat them whilst they were pinned. It made the dm so mad but I loved it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I actually killed a dragon by throwing a ****ing sword at it. I **** you not. Should not have beat his THACO (this was 2nd Ed D&D), but I rolled a natural 20 and my weird ass sword had some kinda bonus thingie that shaved off AC.

...but I lost the weapon afterward after the big ass dragon toppled over dead into a church. Then, Gripplis killed me.

Also, spellcasters in D&D were stupid in 2nd Ed and 3.5. Mother****ing Tenser's Flying Disc was an all-purpose indestructible impromptu weapon, and it was a level 2 spell.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Oro?!

Smash Hero
No matter what tabletop game you come from, you should try 13th age. Takes the best features of 2e 3.5 pathfinder 4e and adds some unique things on top of that. It seems relatively balanced too, which is something I enjoy way more than wizards being op as ****. Good game would recommend.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Have any of you been following or keeping an eye on this strange dude named Jim Sterling lately?
He's in quite a kerfuffle with Digital homicide over a scathing review of DH's game Slaughtering Grounds.
The back and forth and salt from the devs are amazing.

I know most of the important parts are done, but it's still ongoing.

Summary of what happened so far:
Jim plays the game in a first impressions video, doesn't like it
Slaughtering grounds dev Digital Homicide melts down,
responded with a video title "reviewing the reviewers", a reuploading of the review with bitter text overlays that calls Jim a ****ing idiot and constantly using the term "Jim ****ing Sterling Son" while quoting him out of context
Jim did a review of their review of review
Streisand effect comes into play as Steam users give out negative feedback and points out game has stolen assets
Dev also started censoring feedback and banning said users
Dev also held contest to offer free game key to anyone bashing/criticizing the game and quickly banned all the entrants
Then Dev uploads review of Jim's review of their review of Jim's review with a lot more bitterness....
Brings out DMCA and calls Jim, reviewers, youtubers, and such leeches that shouldn't be able to profit off of gameplay footage
Then Dev takes down videos, purges their forums to hide things but fails
Then Dev files DMCA claim against original review and takes down the original review
News of their actions spreads even more
.... to be continued

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Oh crap the review is back.
http://youtu.be/VfI7pAaOH9c
Guess the Digital Homicide ran out of time to take further action.
You gotta check out Jim ****ing Sterling's twitter feed for images and captures of the things the dev censored and such. It's so hilarious in a way.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Managed to go out and play some Melee today and boy do I feel like a massive douchebag for using Sheik in Melee. Dthrow for days, ftilt, fair. GG.

Got to play a little PM with kind of new PMers too, but I heard complaints of "This game is unbalanced as **** and there's favoritismz" or something, but I'm hoping that was just the salt talking cause the world needs more Project M players.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Managed to go out and play some Melee today and boy do I feel like a massive douchebag for using Sheik in Melee. Dthrow for days, ftilt, fair. GG.

Got to play a little PM with kind of new PMers too, but I heard complaints of "This game is unbalanced as **** and there's favoritismz" or something, but I'm hoping that was just the salt talking cause the world needs more Project M players.
how the **** is pm unbalanced as **** compared to melee these guys sound like idiots

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
how the **** is pm unbalanced as **** compared to melee these guys sound like idiots
I kind of expressed that too, hence why I think it was more salty than anything. They didn't play it as much as Melee so needing to learn the additional matchups and getting spanked probably made em feel like it was unbalanced. It doesn't make sense to me either, but I'm rationalizing it.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
got a trackball mouse. it's so awesome idk why more people don't have them
I tried a trackball mouse before, imo it's not really that worth it... sometimes I feel like when using it I wasn't able to get exact positions that I want (an issue wherein I would continuously overshoot the icon I wanted to click) which, I'd assume is only because I wasn't used to it, but I don't have that problem with my simpleton mouse. That, and the trackball mouse didn't have a scroll wheel. **** that.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I think I half died yesterday.
11 hours of sleep.
Sorry @ Warsaint777 Warsaint777

Probably won't be able to play today because I had intended to do a lot of homework yesterday. Now I've gotta make up for lost time.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Yeah, PM has favoritism
Spacies are still top tier without regards to balance with the other characters
Mostly because they don't want to lose the more Melee-oriented PM players
/not so "/s"

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Yeah, PM has favoritism
Spacies are still top tier without regards to balance with the other characters
Mostly because they don't want to lose the more Melee-oriented PM players
/not so "/s"
This

I honestly think it's stupid how Fox and Falco get easy mode spikes. No character should have instantaneous spike moves unless the hitboxes are ridiculously small.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Wait. Since when does Fox have any meteor moves?
...Y'all are on some good stuff.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Fox's dair doesn't meteor or spike. His only meteor is dthrow.

Top Bottom