• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Every time I play melee i'm reminded of how much of a horrible, sticky game it is.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I loved Melee casually and had no idea there was a competitive scene. I would play it again only for nostalgia, but I gave my copy away to a parent's friend's young kid who really wanted to try it out

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I like Melee, but dislike how absolutely necessary it is to use advanced movement techs to have any sort of speed or control over your character. I prefer PM's seemingly more simplified movement where I feel I can turn quickly from a stop and how advanced movement techs are just icing on the movement cake.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I played project M today.

I never knew that I could be so frustrated

Everything was just...wrong after playing smash 4.

My dash dances were weak, I wasn't spacing right, my wavelands were off, I WAS MESSING UP L CANCELS,

While completely different games, Smash 4 literally destroyed my Project M play from the inside. It's not something you ever forget though. I mean... I was still playing and doing the things I'd normally do, but not as efficient...

Also the smash 4 GC controller needs to be broken in badly. It was perfect for smash 4, but I realized thats because it doesn't take as much technical proficiency. I might spend 30 minutes practicing my tech skill with that thing. Maybe spend an hour relearning everything too...

----------
@ Melee
I enjoy Melee.
I really only play it to play Pichu nowdays though. Marth when I need to play it seriously.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I know that pain
Playing Project M felt so weird after nearly a week of only Sm4sh 3DS followed by Sm4sh WiiU for a few matches. I'll admit I approached with dash attack >1 too many times as Boozer

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I used to have problems switching between brawl/melee but now since I've played so many different games for so long I don't have any trouble aside from the occasional attempted wavedash in smash4. Just keep playing multiple games and you'll get the hang of it.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Quick question. Ya'll know how there are those pacs for smashville and stuffs. Each one is a time of day, which one is night time? I wanna delete the rest and replace them, so it can be perma dank time.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Only problem I've had yet between games is trying to use flare blitz to recover with PM Zard once.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
No one really takes PM or Smash 4 seriously here. The ones that do play those games are peeps I 4-Stock regularly, so I'm kinda obligated to play Melee. Even though I play Pikachu + Low Tiers, I've grown to enjoy Melee the most.

PM is objectively better, tho.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
What is the best cheap capture card for recording smash? I can find some for around 50 dollars, are they worth it? I think someone once mentioned dazzle.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Whats up with PM's Photo system? I can view snapshots taken in PM when I play PM, but they dont show up on my SD card so I can't get them onto my computer
Do they save somewhere else? I just want to get some pictures of ledge grab boxes, I dont want to have to record it and do freeze frames, much rather have in-game quality on the pictures >.>
@ standardtoaster standardtoaster do you know what I should do instead?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What is the best cheap capture card for recording smash? I can find some for around 50 dollars, are they worth it? I think someone once mentioned dazzle.
There is no such thing as a good cheap capture card. It sucks..but it's true. There are hardly even good expensive capture cards lmao, it's an area of technology that is really lacking :/.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Xanadu manages to make any game look boring af. Opened stream for 3 secs and closed it straight back. I haven't watched them play pm in months too, it's just so underwhelming.

Not hating on mdva, their players are cool, but the xanadu environment is low tier entertainment.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I like Melee, but dislike how absolutely necessary it is to use advanced movement techs to have any sort of speed or control over your character. I prefer PM's seemingly more simplified movement where I feel I can turn quickly from a stop and how advanced movement techs are just icing on the movement cake.
PM with Light press air dodge and 1 frame of buffer I don't make any tech flubs, and the 1 frame of buffer cements my early/double aerials prowess. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGGHCzl_RMM
Melee does indeed often feel like I'm trying to not mess up my tech as much as the other guy, but I need to own all my nemesis Chicagoans with my Falco. I've come to the conclusion he feels moderately better in Melee than PM; while everyone else in Melee I can barely control. And I miss his Dair anyways https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI7OQiRRaY4#t=277

Also here's M2K's start placement prowess https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqk658ip3Tc
Whats up with PM's Photo system? I can view snapshots taken in PM when I play PM, but they dont show up on my SD card so I can't get them onto my computer
Do they save somewhere else? I just want to get some pictures of ledge grab boxes, I dont want to have to record it and do freeze frames, much rather have in-game quality on the pictures >.>
@ standardtoaster standardtoaster do you know what I should do instead?
Like st said, they re-arranged stuff to be inside the projectm folder

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Xanadu manages to make any game look boring af. Opened stream for 3 secs and closed it straight back. I haven't watched them play pm in months too, it's just so underwhelming.

Not hating on mdva, their players are cool, but the xanadu environment is low tier entertainment.
Ehh, I enjoy the Xanadu streams simply because the players feel a bit more relatable in a sense. It's why I like the Get Smashed at the Foundry tournaments so much because they all do real talk **** instead of talking about the match lmao. It's full of personality. I suppose if I invested enough time in any smash stream I'd come to like them, but I don't mind Xanadu so much.

Smash 4 is boring af to watch though. I hate to say it, but it's actually more boring to watch than Brawl.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I liked hat winning with Shiek.

I might get Dazzle since I don't mind 420p as long as I can record watchable matches (lest I become spidermad)

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Ehh, I enjoy the Xanadu streams simply because the players feel a bit more relatable in a sense. It's why I like the Get Smashed at the Foundry tournaments so much because they all do real talk **** instead of talking about the match lmao. It's full of personality. I suppose if I invested enough time in any smash stream I'd come to like them, but I don't mind Xanadu so much.

Smash 4 is boring af to watch though. I hate to say it, but it's actually more boring to watch than Brawl.
I don't mind most streams and I love it when people talk mad ****, but something just feels off about xanadu. Can't really explain what tho. Watching Cosmo complete event mode was more entertaining.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't mind most streams and I love it when people talk mad ****, but something just feels off about xanadu. Can't really explain what tho. Watching Cosmo complete event mode was more entertaining.
Watching Cosmo do anything is more entertaining than a lot of things.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
So guys. I <3 you all, and this is really important to me.

I have a big sociology paper coming up, so can you take a quick survey? Won't take long and it'll help me not fail my college sociology class. Any help or shares would be truly appreciated. (Especially if you know any women, as I need input from girls too!)

Thanks. ^.^

http://www.sogosurvey.com/k/SsSPVWWsRsPsPsP

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

I have a big sociology paper coming up, so can you take a quick survey? Won't take long and it'll help me not fail my college sociology class. Any help or shares would be truly appreciated. (Especially if you know any women, as I need input from girls too!)

Thanks. ^.^

Done&Done

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

Thanks. ^.^

Done.
good luck on the paper.

Lizalfos

Smash Master

Thanks. ^.^

What about having a random sample. And isn't our age important along with socio-economic conditions? I just want to make sure you aren't forgetting things.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
What about having a random sample and isn't our age important along with socio-economic conditions? I just want to make sure you aren't forgetting things.
Age is unimportant, this is only a very base level survey. Nothing complicated.

If it helps my class is Sociology 200, which is basically 101 except with a couple more in depth tidbits, and I have an awesome teacher who showed us what she wanted and isn't strict in the least.

Random sample will be solved by leaving out extraneous data (so say 30 guys and 21 girls take the survey, I'll leave out 9 of the guys' responses). That's why sharing to girls you know is really helpful, because I can't use all the data if there isn't an even number of girls/guys. :(

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm 8 years old. I did the survey but I'm not sure if my 8 year old stuff are fitting to the survey.

Edit - 8 year old hype. Can I assume this is a female vs. male comparison then?

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I see you Saph. Social thread profiling. Much interesting data

(also answered some stuff even though I don't do groceries)

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman

Thanks. ^.^

Assemble the Wiafus
I do not have a wiafu (sadface) but I can at least do the survey....alone...

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Why isn't there a dumpster diving option for main source of food?

And where is the other option for gender?

What kind of college is this?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yeah, I'm 8 years old. I did the survey but I'm not sure if my 8 year old stuff are fitting to the survey.

Edit - 8 year old hype. Can I assume this is a female vs. male comparison then?
Yes, yes it is. :) I was originally going to do something different, like whether or not people who identified themselves as eco-conscious actually practiced the things they preached, but that got too complicated so I had to downgrade to something simpler.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
okay so I am getting bombarded by popups and ads from couponarific, but I haven't downloaded anything and can't find anything that I can uninstall to get rid of this ****

wat do

Top Bottom