• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Yo does anyone know if Smash Intensifies has a stream somewhere? SSBMontreal is offline but it's a 200 man tourney afaik so ...
Doesn't seem like they got a working stream. Hopefully they still managed to get their matches recorded, cuz the tourney is probably on the verge of ending soon

..wish I was there, college be ruining my smash career ;_;

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
****, got hyped because of a fake pic saying that another season of nichijou is going to be aired ;_;

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Anyone have a togepi or anyone in that evolutionary family they're willing to trade?

I'm getting into ORAS.

Last edited:

V

Smash Ace
I know this probably isn't the right place to ask this, but considering the Marth boards tend to overestimate their match up ratios, I'm curious what do most people think Marth's worst match ups are, and by that I mean a match up a secondary might be a good idea for?

Also, who do you guys think will be the better character in 3.5 between Marth and Pit?

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Yo does anyone know if Smash Intensifies has a stream somewhere? SSBMontreal is offline but it's a 200 man tourney afaik so ...
Doesn't seem like they got a working stream. Hopefully they still managed to get their matches recorded, cuz the tourney is probably on the verge of ending soon

..wish I was there, college be ruining my smash career ;_;
Our streamer was sick and couldn't make it :/
Only thing that got streamed/recorded was Smash 4

rip the dream of Montreal being esports

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I know this probably isn't the right place to ask this, but considering the Marth boards tend to overestimate their match up ratios, I'm curious what do most people think Marth's worst match ups are, and by that I mean a match up a secondary might be a good idea for?
I'm a staunch believer that Marth has all the tools necessary for dealing with most threats to the point where I don't feel he has very many match ups where a secondary is ever necessary, the only exception being versus Puff and maybe Sheik (MU is much more doable now thanks to throw changes, but it's still pretty brutal). His match up with M2 is also mediocre imo, but I don't know if a secondary would be entirely necessary (especially in 3.5), mostly for the sole reason that there are no solid counters against M2 so you might as well stick to Marth and play the spacing game. His match up versus Samus is also a lot harder, but I don't know the exact numbers on it since I've never faced a good Samus before.
In short, I feel like the only match up where I (personally) believe a secondary is necessary is in the Puff match up. Thankfully there are so few Puffs out there lmao.

While Marth has very few glaringly bad match ups, he also has very few ones that are clearly in his favor since Marth's weaknesses are pretty exploitable.

I've been told that the Yoshi match up is also pretty bad, but I've never faced a competent Yoshi before that can consistently DJ parry. I'd imagine it'd be a nightmare though.

Last edited:

V

Smash Ace
@ KayB KayB I have a pretty solid Fox to use as a secondary for all those match ups you mentioned so I guess I'm covered. I'm really just trying to figure out if I still need Pit on top of those two.

Bazkip

Smash Master
oooh, that sucks so much D :
You don't even know how disappointed I am we were finally gonna get some great footage of all of our top players, I didn't even care that I'd probably be spending the next two days uploading videos. We were gonna put Montreal back on the map and now there's just nothing :(

Oh well, next big tourney I guess...

Edit: Oh btw @ Empyrean Empyrean , Vwins won Melee

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Is it wrong that the smash 4 computers manage to be harder than Project M computers simply because of some unfair AI?

I mean at least in project M it feels like I'm hitting something semi real as opposed to smash 4 computers where their notion of fairness is automatically dodge whatever the enemy is going to do.

Doesn't help when you go in the modes where their damage scales with difficulty and they just auto dodge every attack you do then hit you with 27%+ uncharged fsmashes.

At least I enjoy fighting Project M AI. Thanks KingClubber for making your AI fair.

Kati

Smash Lord
Man as much as I love employing PM movement options in SSE, the level and enemy design just really bring it down. Are there any single player games by Sakurai that are challenging but in a fair way?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Kirby's canvas curse for the DS, I never got around to beating the very last few levels of the final selection. The harder levels you start to dis-trust your ability to draw a line.

Also got a small cyst on the palm of my hand, a few hours after a family event shaking people's hands. Not gonna shake hands any'mo, even though that's my favorite gestural greeting =(

Also gonna see my grampa tomorrow, and study for the last exam before the final of accounting (accounting 2, managerial). I started taking business courses back when I asked you guys what I should pursue/use my electives for.
Edit: missed the point, sleep is good for reading comprehension, or so I hear. I apparently wouldn't know.
So what's your new opinion then? I saw you had like three paragraphs before I had to leave lol.

@ HyperrCrow HyperrCrow Where are you at so far in your video challenge completion path to early aerial serenity? I don't have any ZSS ones.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
You don't even know how disappointed I am we were finally gonna get some great footage of all of our top players, I didn't even care that I'd probably be spending the next two days uploading videos. We were gonna put Montreal back on the map and now there's just nothing :(

Oh well, next big tourney I guess...

Edit: Oh btw @ Empyrean Empyrean , Vwins won Melee
... you're trying to tell me there's no footage of Ally owning at PM

and finally beating Weon-X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c6aWX-b0vM

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Is it wrong that the smash 4 computers manage to be harder than Project M computers simply because of some unfair AI?

I mean at least in project M it feels like I'm hitting something semi real as opposed to smash 4 computers where their notion of fairness is automatically dodge whatever the enemy is going to do.

Doesn't help when you go in the modes where their damage scales with difficulty and they just auto dodge every attack you do then hit you with 27%+ uncharged fsmashes.

At least I enjoy fighting Project M AI. Thanks KingClubber for making your AI fair.
sounds to me like you need to git gud

luser!!!!!

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Kirby's canvas curse for the DS, I never got around to beating the very last few levels of the final selection. The harder levels you start to dis-trust your ability to draw a line.

Also got a small cyst on the palm of my hand, a few hours after a family event shaking people's hands. Not gonna shake hands any'mo, even though that's my favorite gestural greeting =(

Also gonna see my grampa tomorrow, and study for the last exam before the final of accounting (accounting 2, managerial). I started taking business courses back when I asked you guys what I should pursue/use my electives for.

So what's your new opinion then? I saw you had like three paragraphs before I had to leave lol.

@ HyperrCrow HyperrCrow Where are you at so far in your video challenge completion path to early aerial serenity? I don't have any ZSS ones.
I'm nowhere yet, been working all weekend. I'll try to get the vids up on Monday.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
@ KayB KayB I have a pretty solid Fox to use as a secondary for all those match ups you mentioned so I guess I'm covered. I'm really just trying to figure out if I still need Pit on top of those two.
I think it really comes down to preference. Since Pit is the only one out of the characters you mentioned who has a projectile and a reasonably unpredictable recovery, if you don't feel like Marth is working for you, you could switch to Pit simply for the sake of changing the way you approach the match up.

Top Bottom